Trey Lance still working

Jimbo123

Reaction score
Dak should be dealt, and the franchise take their lumps with Lance for the year and see what we've got.

Dak IS NOT capable of winning big as a Cowboy. That's undeniable.

So what are we doing here other than sinking the team with another mega-contract?? Unbelievably stupid.
I think the Cowboys know what they have in Lance, that's why he didn't even dress once for a game.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I think the Cowboys know what they have in Lance, that's why he didn't even dress once for a game.
Classic Jerry move. Wanted to make the headlines in desperate manner. Trey Lance is a scrub and couldn't even succeed in a system that had Alex Smith, Jimmy G and now Purdy look like great QBs. That's how bad he is. If he can't succeed in that system, imagine him coming here under this system and coaches. I would say a waste of a pick but it's not like this front office would hit on the pick anyways.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
OMG if we cut Dak we will never find another NFL caliber QB.

If that's the case we're doomed and you should go root for another team that can.
Far from truth.

I said it in another post. Cut Dak. Post June 1. Elevate Lance. Give him a year to see improvements. If he doesn't you Cut lose and move on. The problem is we traded a bunch of picks so we don't have a lot of picks this year.

If Lance doesn't show enough, then you don't resign Lamb. Waste of money for a mentally weak WR. You start the rebuild. Trade Parsons get some picks and go fishing for your next QB.

My sense is that Lance is nothing special. So maybe even hedge your bets and draft a QB in first round this year.

But the biggest question is do you really believe this GM is capable of building a team? 30 years he failed. Everyone is so obsessed with Dak, and it's not about him. It's about the incompetent GM.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Far from truth.

I said it in another post. Cut Dak. Post June 1. Elevate Lance. Give him a year to see improvements. If he doesn't you Cut lose and move on. The problem is we traded a bunch of picks so we don't have a lot of picks this year.

If Lance doesn't show enough, then you don't resign Lamb. Waste of money for a mentally weak WR. You start the rebuild. Trade Parsons get some picks and go fishing for your next QB.

My sense is that Lance is nothing special. So maybe even hedge your bets and draft a QB in first round this year.

But the biggest question is do you really believe this GM is capable of building a team? 30 years he failed. Everyone is so obsessed with Dak, and it's not about him. It's about the incompetent GM.
Nope until he dies were toast.

McMicah

Reaction score
The conspiracy theorist in me has this theory:
1. For the last two seasons, Mike M (and maybe analytics) told Jerry that Dak wasn’t the best at reading zone and has accuracy issues, and that the Cowboys might want to make an investment in a promising backup, but in the meantime, Mike would try and simplify the offense for him and install an offense that limits his weaknesses.

2. Jerry actually listened, and got Lance as a peace offering, but thought nothing more of it.

3. Fast forward to the end of the season, and Jerry starts to see it, and obviously can’t fire his head coach who tried to warn him.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
you failed misreably and furthermore solidified it as you are now struggling with your meaningless incoherent ramble. what the heck does what you said even mean?

trying to make a football comment into persona. attack about somebody's life. reeks of desparation. you have no clue who I am, yet you make your own assumptions to justify the meaningless comment. when you make things personal and start to throw insults, its when its most obvious you lost the argument. you are scrambling. you failed.

don't try again. don't embarass yourself.
Not the incoherent ramble claims. Trying to use big words for no reason online lol. I didn’t attack anything about your personal life victim. I made an assumption true but attack you? Please victim.

Only person embarrassing themselves is you by being a grown adult trying to claim personal attack because I said you make decisions irl the same way you do in this Dak situation.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Not the incoherent ramble claims. Trying to use big words for no reason online lol. I didn’t attack anything about your personal life victim. I made an assumption true but attack you? Please victim.

Only person embarrassing themselves is you by being a grown adult trying to claim personal attack because I said you make decisions irl the same way you do in this Dak situation.
yeah yeah yeah....just dig yourself deeper in the pile you created. you failed. end of story.

don't feel like dealing with children any longer. go back to mommy. suckle a bit

done!

Chasing6

Reaction score

Watching Prescott up close has motivated him.

Pay no attention to Brandon's comments. He's like 12 years old and supports anything the team does.

Trey needs to work on game experience. These drills are nice and all, but the kid has not played the game. His QB educational level due to lack of playing time is an incomplete. If you think Dak sometimes gets confused by a defense, how do you think Trey will do?

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I agree 100% and have said similar many times. The notion that is "hard" to find a QB is an outdated myth imho. Of course guys like Brady and Rodgers, Mahomes etc don't come around everyday..

But there is now a pipeline of really talented guys like can all play the QB position.. and with almost immediately impact. They are coming out of pro like systems in college and are almost plug and play. We see that with guys like Stroud, Herbert and Burrows before him.

Again the problem is that people think Dak is elite.. when in actual fact he is average with a great supporting cast. Where Dak also falls down is that he collapses under pressure, that is no longer debateable. He officially chokes in big moments.

Purdy is the last pick in the draft and is now heading to his 2nd conference game.. that is not an accident. It is not all on him.. the system around him is great too.

Right now there are probably 25-30 kids that we could plug into our team who would be able to produce similar to Dak, and would allow us another couple of stars in other positions.

There are probably 10 kids out there right now that can produce at a higher level than Dak. And until we start looking for them.. we are stuck where we are. Finding a QB is NOT what people remember.. that is why franchises are churning the position faster than ever.
Dallas has one true offensive weapon. You would be lucky if 5 quarterbacks could lead this offense to the number 1 scoring ranking. Listen Dak deserves the heat because of his playoff performance the last three seasons but let’s not make him out to be Daniel Jones.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
and just think about it. he trained his son. so we may have to endure another generation of it. just look at the Raiders....Al Davis, trained his son....look at where they are
I'm hoping Stephen is too lazy to continue in Jerry's shadow as all consuming overlord.

He'll be around of course but kind of like the Mel Brooks govenor in Blazing saddles.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
oh, so you just like to come and tryto find fault with everybody else's statements, because you don't want to commit yourself to anything.

you are what we call a complainer. these type of people never have a solution. never contribute, but they betch about everything and everyone. useless we call them

and where was I defensive? you are just trying to steer conversation. all you do is want to argue. I know you kind, type. so I gave you and answer where I got my opinion, of which you have none.
You have several things wrong there. I agree with all kinds of people and opinions. Just not very often with yours.

It's no big deal. Grown men should be able to handle that.

And I most certainly do have opinions. Unfortunately, they are rarely highly technical or terribly enlightening. I just don;t know the deep dive of football's techical aspects and terminology. It is what it is.

And finally....you know nothing about "my type" , let alone me personally.

Hope you have a wonderful day!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You have several things wrong there. I agree with all kinds of people and opinions. Just not very often with yours.

It's no big deal. Grown men should be able to handle that.

And I most certainly do have opinions. Unfortunately, they are rarely highly technical or terribly enlightening. I just don;t know the deep dive of football's techical aspects and terminology. It is what it is.

And finally....you know nothing about "my type" , let alone me personally.

Hope you have a wonderful day!
I don't mind people disagreeing with my opinions. but some only point fingers and disagree, while when given opportunity to provide opinions, all they can say is I don't like yours and they have no opinion at all. put your arse on the line and give an opinion or why you disagree. if you can't explain why you disagree, then you didn't understand the comment.
but continuously just complaining about others opinion makes you nothing but a complainer. those type people never accomplish anything.

believe me I am not here to be popular or give popular opinion. I don't care what people think of my opinion.

I never get defensive about my comments or people disagreeing with it. at least they should be able to explain why. otherwise its just meaningless comment.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
yeah yeah yeah....just dig yourself deeper in the pile you created. you failed. end of story.

don't feel like dealing with children any longer. go back to mommy. suckle a bit

done!
I think the you failed is referring to yourself irl. Thing’s probably would be better if you wasn’t such a risk adverse coward my man. Save your lame jokes they’re not funny just like your don’t get rid of Dak unless you know the future logic. Be gone cowardly lion.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I agree with this. You probably would've heard some rumblings within the Star about Lance looking good in practice by now.

He should've been good enough to take the backup spot from Rush after 2 months of practice.

Chasing6

Reaction score
This isn’t the 90s where the DB rules were such that the elite QBs were far and few in between. This is an era where Goff and Mayfield changed teams and are competing right away. That is not happening in the 90s and prior.

Purdy is once again in the NFC Conference finals and this time he’s not injured. None of these guys are anywhere near elite by the 90s standards and couldn’t survive at all in the 90s. They prove that finding a QB is actually pretty easy relative to the past.
I am pretty sure the Conference finals is the Niners vs the Lions.

lostar2009

Reaction score
Trey is trying to get his money up. He know they will play him more this preseason, plus off season reps.