Trey Lance still working

zeke21

Reaction score
This isn’t the 90s where the DB rules were such that the elite QBs were far and few in between. This is an era where Goff and Mayfield changed teams and are competing right away. That is not happening in the 90s and prior.

Purdy is once again in the NFC Conference finals and this time he’s not injured. None of these guys are anywhere near elite by the 90s standards and couldn’t survive at all in the 90s. They prove that finding a QB is actually pretty easy relative to the past.
I agree 100% and have said similar many times. The notion that is "hard" to find a QB is an outdated myth imho. Of course guys like Brady and Rodgers, Mahomes etc don't come around everyday..

But there is now a pipeline of really talented guys like can all play the QB position.. and with almost immediately impact. They are coming out of pro like systems in college and are almost plug and play. We see that with guys like Stroud, Herbert and Burrows before him.

Again the problem is that people think Dak is elite.. when in actual fact he is average with a great supporting cast. Where Dak also falls down is that he collapses under pressure, that is no longer debateable. He officially chokes in big moments.

Purdy is the last pick in the draft and is now heading to his 2nd conference game.. that is not an accident. It is not all on him.. the system around him is great too.

Right now there are probably 25-30 kids that we could plug into our team who would be able to produce similar to Dak, and would allow us another couple of stars in other positions.

There are probably 10 kids out there right now that can produce at a higher level than Dak. And until we start looking for them.. we are stuck where we are. Finding a QB is NOT what people remember.. that is why franchises are churning the position faster than ever.

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score
I am not scard of change. change is absolutely necessary. but replacing bad with worse is not the right change. some people want change for the sake of change, knowing things get worse without a plan to make it better. that's called stupidity.

interesting that you tried to connect real life, with a game of entertainement. not sure what your angle was/is. but find it fascinating to try and personalize it.

p.s.
you failed.

Lmaoooo this dude wants to cry !! Hahaah

It’s amazing some “dakatans” cannot see that by drafting 24-30 each year with a first round exit is not “ Winning “

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It doesn’t exist. It’s wishful thinking on their part. Trey is raw. What tape we have on him is limited because he was injured and has been seen. As far as I know, nothing has been said or exists about how he’s doing as a Cowboy.
Exactly. Been trying for weeks to get naysayers to forward their sources. Not one. It seems they are hoping it makes them look in the know without any actual proof or source.

Not one.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Watching Prescott up close has motivated him.

Pay no attention to Brandon's comments. He's like 12 years old and supports anything the team does.

mr Risen----oh no...this might give some measure of hope.....no ...no .....i refuse to acknowledge

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Exactly. Been trying for weeks to get naysayers to forward their sources. Not one. It seems they are hoping it makes them look in the know without any actual proof or source.

Not one.
mr Steve---what makes it even worse....the play of CJ Stroud of Texans ...and Love of Packers.....the "J"

family will wrap this around Trey Lance and say bringing back FAT MIKE to develop Trey was always

our long term goal?????....."buy into us"...."buy into us"?.....dont do it ....all fool's Gold Glimmer

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Trey Lance is an Athlete. Not a QB.
Trey Lance is the third quarterback on the Dallas Cowboys’ depth chart. No matter what the 49ers ever thought him, Jerry Jones believes he’s worth a 4th round draft choice.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Lmaoooo this dude wants to cry !! Hahaah

It’s amazing some “dakatans” cannot see that by drafting 24-30 each year with a first round exit is not “ Winning “
what? what is wrong with you? are you OK?

you all with your labeling. I bet you are in high school. everything has to have a label.

grow up son.

p.s.
How is Bryce Young working out? How about Keny Pricket? Zach Wilson? Justin Fields? Trey Lance?

Jordan Love was 26th pick of the draft.

yeah, you pulled that comment reaching back far up you know what and pulled out a bunch of what we in this neck of the woods call craap

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Well...I never stated anything. So I don't have to prove anything.

Why so defensive? I simply asked you how you came by your...... opinion.
oh, so you just like to come and tryto find fault with everybody else's statements, because you don't want to commit yourself to anything.

you are what we call a complainer. these type of people never have a solution. never contribute, but they betch about everything and everyone. useless we call them

and where was I defensive? you are just trying to steer conversation. all you do is want to argue. I know you kind, type. so I gave you and answer where I got my opinion, of which you have none.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I never failed and dang sure didn’t just because you said so lol. I’m pretty sure I’m spot on in my pov of you and a glimpse into your life offline would prove it.

As for your comments that’s how it works most times you get bad before you get better. If you just think you’re going to go from good to good you’re scared like I said because that’s not how it goes most times smh. You’d know that if you wasn’t afraid of change or actually tried to do something different in your life.

P.S
I’m right
you failed misreably and furthermore solidified it as you are now struggling with your meaningless incoherent ramble. what the heck does what you said even mean?

trying to make a football comment into persona. attack about somebody's life. reeks of desparation. you have no clue who I am, yet you make your own assumptions to justify the meaningless comment. when you make things personal and start to throw insults, its when its most obvious you lost the argument. you are scrambling. you failed.

don't try again. don't embarass yourself.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Being the third pick in the draft means less than being the second pick in the draft. Would you want Carson Wentz or Zach Wilson to replace Dak? (Wilson is only 24) Selecting Lance third overall was a mistake. Even the San Francisco 49ers can make really bad decisions. It’s not where you’re drafted that makes you talented. Purdy sends his regards.
Signing dak to his last contract was a mistake, gonna cost us 60 million at the very least.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Being the third pick in the draft means less than being the second pick in the draft. Would you want Carson Wentz or Zach Wilson to replace Dak? (Wilson is only 24) Selecting Lance third overall was a mistake. Even the San Francisco 49ers can make really bad decisions. It’s not where you’re drafted that makes you talented. Purdy sends his regards.
Trading 3 #1 picks, to get the 3 overall pick, to become a 3rd string QB is not potential. It is a flat out disaster.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Dak should be dealt, and the franchise take their lumps with Lance for the year and see what we've got.

Dak IS NOT capable of winning big as a Cowboy. That's undeniable.

So what are we doing here other than sinking the team with another mega-contract?? Unbelievably stupid.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
what? what is wrong with you? are you OK?

you all with your labeling. I bet you are in high school. everything has to have a label.

grow up son.

p.s.
How is Bryce Young working out? How about Keny Pricket? Zach Wilson? Justin Fields? Trey Lance?

Jordan Love was 26th pick of the draft.

yeah, you pulled that comment reaching back far up you know what and pulled out a bunch of what we in this neck of the woods call craap
OMG if we cut Dak we will never find another NFL caliber QB.

If that's the case we're doomed and you should go root for another team that can.