Trey Lance still working

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The only competition Lance will have is Cooper Rush. If he can’t beat him out this summer, we wasted a 4th round pick.

Chasing6

Reaction score
The only competition Lance will have is Cooper Rush. If he can’t beat him out this summer, we wasted a 4th round pick.
Yes, then have a $25M back up in 2025. Sounds like a great plan.

RS12

Reaction score
Lets say for arguments sake one of the reasons sake, one of the reason MM was retained is to continue to develop Lance. After a whole season they have no clue what they have? It's a shame he never even got mop up duty.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lets say for arguments sake one of the reasons sake, one of the reason MM was retained is to continue to develop Lance. After a whole season they have no clue what they have? It's a shame he never even got mop up duty.
With all the blowouts this year he should have been on the field.

But I guess that would mean he would have to be active and probably make Rush the emergency QB and maybe they just didn't trust Lance if he had to play in a close game.

ATXSRT

Reaction score
As much as Jerry acts like a clown sometimes, I think this was actually a calculated move by him just in case Dak didn’t play well in the playoffs again. Lance certainly has the tangibles. It’s only the mental aspects of the game, i.e., reading the defense, going through his progressions, getting rid of the ball quickly and correctly, not folding under pressure, etc., that are in question, and those can only be determined by playing in the game. I honestly don’t think that extension of Dak is anywhere near a guarantee at all, even if it costs a chunk of change. Romo was getting paid a lot of money riding the bench (yeah it was mostly due to injury but still) while Dak was the QB too. The criteria is whether the team is winning or not.
I think it will turn out to be a hell of a trade when it's all said and done. I think he'll shine in pre-season and there will be QB drama during the regular season. If Dak has one of his Dak games against a good team we're gonna hear the crowd start to cheer for Lance.

Gonzomandela01

Reaction score
Give Lance a real shot, let him work with Fat Mike, play him in pre season, name him the backup for the season. Oh that could crush Dak's frágiles psyche. Forget about it.