Trey Lance still working

visionary

Reaction score
The fact that Dak is about to become the highest paid player in NFL history while being a loser of epic proportions should have every mediocre QB putting in work.
@America's Cowboy said yesterday that he thinks Dak should give the Cowboys a discount and he will rip Dak a new one if he signs for more than 35-40 million

zeke21

Reaction score
All jokes aside.. name one time that Dak has had any legitimate competition for his spot? Like ever? It has been something that annoys the heck out of me since Dak got the gig.. we have actively removed any hint of competition and or alternatives.

Even this year.. why not shuffle the depth chart in a couple of those games so that Lance can be on mop up duty? There is no way, just no way he can be worse than Rush. Rush is barely a practise level QB. It smacks of an organisation that is afraid to let their QB actually have pressure.

If you have a true franchise QB.. they should be comfortable with you hiring Brady to be their back up.. they should know that no matter the stakes, they are the best etc etc. Being afraid of competition or to prove yourself means that you don't have the killer instinct. If you talk and read the stories of the truly elite athletes, in any sport, they are all the types who want to play the best, compete against the best.. test themselves and they are all convinced of their own ability to win. The fact that Dak is afraid of his own shadow speaks volumes.

I don't know if Lance has it.. the tape wasn't great and he lost his job in SF.. but I think it is worth exploring a little more and I would still go and recruit a quality QB this draft. You simply must have prepare for life after Dak.

Chasing6

Reaction score
The fact that Dak is about to become the highest paid player in NFL history while being a loser of epic proportions should have every mediocre QB putting in work.
Including below mediocre 3rd string QB's throwing to former players.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yes, then have a $25M back up in 2025. Sounds like a great plan.
They’ll either rework his contract or try and trade him. They may even release him if he can’t win the backup job.

slick325

Reaction score
Big play Trey! Put that work in, young man. I hear the Jones' pay record breaking dollars for QB's.

plymkr

Reaction score
Can Trey Lance look good enough in the preseason and Dak Prescott look bad enough in the regular season to make the Cowboys switch QBs next year?

My answer is no but this is literally the only reason to have any hope next year. That maybe they stole a franchise QB.

I never liked Lance but next to Prescott I'm ready to french kiss him.
Can we just start Lance in the playoffs (if we get there). Easily Lance can do what Dak did against Green Bay and the 49ers.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As much as Jerry acts like a clown sometimes, I think this was actually a calculated move by him just in case Dak didn’t play well in the playoffs again. Lance certainly has the tangibles. It’s only the mental aspects of the game, i.e., reading the defense, going through his progressions, getting rid of the ball quickly and correctly, not folding under pressure, etc., that are in question, and those can only be determined by playing in the game. I honestly don’t think that extension of Dak is anywhere near a guarantee at all, even if it costs a chunk of change. Romo was getting paid a lot of money riding the bench (yeah it was mostly due to injury but still) while Dak was the QB too. The criteria is whether the team is winning or not.
My gosh, every fault you described as Lance's sounds just like Dak.