Twitter: Trey Lance trade was an abomination

Zordon

Reaction score
We paid the most for the QB who has done the least from that ‘21 draft.

Lance has reportedly shown little to nothing in practice so far in his time in Dallas.

We won’t have a 4th round pick in a draft where gurus are saying there will be plenty of 3rd round grades available in the 4th rd.

To put a cherry on top, we’re probably going to end up losing Lance for nothing after this season.

Shambolic front office.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score

Lance has reportedly shown little to nothing in practice so far in his time in Dallas.

We won’t have a 4th round pick in a draft where gurus are saying there will be plenty of 3rd round grades available in the 4th rd.

To put a cherry on top, we’re probably going to end up losing Lance for nothing after this season.

Shambolic front office.

You have to admit it’s funny. Denver sends a sixth round pick to NY Jets for Wilson, a 7th round pick, and the Jets are paying half his salary for 2024. The Cowboys sent SF a fourth round pick and are handing Lance $4.5 million on the 5th day of camp in July. It’s either laugh or cry. Might as well laugh.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I've been saying this ever since Jerry ridiculously made the trade and literally threw away a much needed 4th round pick where as stated many 3rd rounds valuable talent will be available in this year's 2024 Draft. Jerry Jones keeps proving he doesn't know what he's doing while constantly hurting this team.

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
They went all in last year

Cooks Gilmore and Lance

Mazi and Vander Esche were supposed to stuff the run. Both were injured

Schoonmaker was going to team up with Martin and Steele on the right side and blow open some big running lanes. Steele and Schoonmaker were injured.

Diggs Gilmore and Bland were going to shut down the passing games. Diggs was injured

Overshown was to breathe new life into the line backing core. He was injured.

Lamb. Cooks and Gallup were to light it up. Gallup was a shell of himself.

Even brought in a backup in case Dak missed time

Was a decent plan. Didn’t work.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score

Shambolic front office.

When put like that, then yes it's not the greatest.....however, you need to put the trade within the context of: Dak and the first 'difficult contract negotiation where France walked over the Jones.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
They went all in last year

Cooks Gilmore and Lance

Mazi and Vander Esche were supposed to stuff the run. Both were injured

Schoonmaker was going to team up with Martin and Steele on the right side and blow open some big running lanes. Steele and Schoonmaker were injured.

Diggs Gilmore and Bland were going to shut down the passing games. Diggs was injured

Overshown was to breathe new life into the line backing core. He was injured.

Lamb. Cooks and Gallup were to light it up. Gallup was a shell of himself.

Even brought in a backup in case Dak missed time

Was a decent plan. Didn’t work.
Spot on. That OP doesnt put any context into what we were trying to do. On Lance, I doubt he was ever in the plans for 2025. If your above point went as planned, Dak would be on a market setting contract leading a team that had got deep into the play-offs.

plymkr

Reaction score

Shambolic front office.

Not that I’m disagreeing with you but when/where was it reported Lance has shown nothing in practice? Any links available?

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Not that I’m disagreeing with you but when/where was it reported Lance has shown nothing in practice? Any links available?
It doesn’t exist. The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

The Cowboys have kept quiet on how Lance is progressing until recently when Stephen Jones made a “nothing to write home about” positive comment about it. A thread here mentioned it.

Dunno why this is a big deal. Out of all the QBs listed Lance has the biggest upside. Also, a 4th round pick is pittance compared to what the 49ers gave up, but no one keeps berating them about it.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Did Jerry overpay for Lance? Probably. Was it a drastic overpay? Probably not. Lance was going to cost more than the other guys traded simple because the cowboys bought him a year early. Realistically his value was probably more like a 5th rounder than a 4th.

Ultimately though the lance trade should be evaluated by what he does the rest of his cowboys career, not what other guys received via trade. If Lance flops in Dallas and walks after this year then it’s a total waste from Jerry.

plymkr

Reaction score
It doesn’t exist. The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

The Cowboys have kept quiet on how Lance is progressing until recently when Stephen Jones made a “nothing to write home about” positive comment about it. A thread here mentioned it.

Dunno why this is a big deal. Out of all the QBs listed Lance has the biggest upside. Also, a 4th round pick is pittance compared to what the 49ers gave up, but no one keeps berating them about it.
I still like the trade because acquiring someone with Lance’s upside at the most important position on the team is a no brainer for me. I can easily miss out on the Jabril Cox and Nashon Wrights of the world to gamble on someone with Trey’s potential.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I still like the trade because acquiring someone with Lance’s upside at the most important position on the team is a no brainer for me. I can easily miss out on the Jabril Cox and Nashon Wrights of the world to gamble on someone with Trey’s potential.
Some people would rather just sit around - fat dumb and happy with nothing to show for it- than at least TRY.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You have to admit it’s funny. Denver sends a sixth round pick to NY Jets for Wilson, a 7th round pick, and the Jets are paying half his salary for 2024. The Cowboys sent SF a fourth round pick and are handing Lance $4.5 million on the 5th day of camp in July. It’s either laugh or cry. Might as well laugh.
Wilson might be the worst QB of all time.