Twitter: Trey Lance trade was an abomination

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Same people crying over a 4th round pick also think the FO is completely incompetent in the draft so...tell me again how this is the pick that would have changed all our fortunes.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Great trade for Jerry and he was very proud of himself at the time too, because who needs draft picks.....it generated more clicks and that's where the money is.

starfan1

Reaction score
Right. Thats why i dont get people arrogant enough to claim his doom. Theres nothing either way, but i remain hopeful something comes of it.
hes here to battle cooper rush for back up nothing more. I wish that werent the case as id rather have someone in here that we hitch our carriage to.Lance aint it. Hell Id take tom brady out of retirement before I hitch my wagons to Lance. This anybody but dak stuff is dangerous be careful what you wish for..

Im speaking in general not you in particular so dont get defensive on me.

Last edited:

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Same people crying over a 4th round pick also think the FO is completely incompetent in the draft so...tell me again how this is the pick that would have changed all our fortunes.
Because Lance is going to be gone after this year unless we sign him. And if he's as bad as the 49ers think Jerry will spend years trying to make him into a QB the same way he tried with QC. Dak isn't worried about Lance. Draft a top QB and he will. I don't care if Lance was. He was a way overreach.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
hes here to battle cooper rush for back up nothing more. I wish that werent the case as id rather have someone in here that we hitch our carriage to.Lance aint it. Hell Id take tom brady out of retirement before I hitch my wagons to Lance. This anybody dak stuff is dangerous be careful what you wish for..

Im speaking in general not you in particular so dont get defensive on me.
What? Me? Defensive? Surely you jest.:laugh:

starfan1

Reaction score
Because Lance is going to be gone after this year unless we sign him. And if he's as bad as the 49ers think Jerry will spend years trying to make him into a QB the same way he tried with QC. Dak isn't worried about Lance. Draft a top QB and he will. I don't care if Lance was. He was a way overreach.
if he was brought here with the intent to compete for a starting job it most definately was a reach.if he was brought in to compete with cooper rush then it isnt that bad. Not sure id of given up the 4th though. Maybe a 2nd we screw them up anyway. J/K 4th too much and would come in handy this weekend

Big_D

Reaction score
It’s a combination of picks. They make foolish decisions with plenty of them. Then when you add them up, you can see the problem. It’s not just a matter of 1 pick changing everything, but with needs all over the place I’d rather have the 4th right now.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Some people would rather just sit around - fat dumb and happy with nothing to show for it- than at least TRY.
Correct, we need to try something else.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. ' According to a large number of inspirational mugs and posters, this famous quote comes from none other than Albert Einstein.

stiletto

Reaction score
Lol, it's a 4th round pick. Lance is still about the same age as several of the QBs getting drafted. How often does a 4th round pick become a starter in the NFL? I would've preferred a 5th but it's far from the end of the world even if Lance never plays ..

Motorola

Reaction score
I've been saying this ever since Jerry ridiculously made the trade and literally threw away a much needed 4th round pick where as stated many 3rd rounds valuable talent will be available in this year's 2024 Draft. Jerry Jones keeps proving he doesn't know what he's doing while constantly hurting this team.
But AC...at the time Jones made the trade, some CZers stated giving up that 4th round pick was inconsequential \ low risk.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
All the evidence you need to see that Lance has shown little is that after being with the team for 5 months he is still a 3rd-string scrub QB.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
I will say this, since we got Trey in the trade, I have personally been researching why he was taken so high. After seeing how high he scored on the Wonderlic (90 to 94 percentile) and other cognitive testing, plus arm strength I am very encouraged that he has the make-up to be a good starting QB. What he didn't have was experience, the level of colligate ball he played warranted a few years on the bench to get accustomed to NFL speed and coverages. He wasn't going to get that in San Fran, they were in win now mode. You guys can believe what you want but I'm all but certain he is the main reason Dak hasn't been resigned. Can't wait to see him in training camp and preseason. Very optimistic.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
All the evidence you need to see that Lance has shown little is that after being with the team for 5 months he is still a 3rd-string scrub QB.
Where is the evidence that he is still the 3rd QB? Training camp hasn't even started. Some of you are just negative for the sake of being negative.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We paid the most for the QB who has done the least from that ‘21 draft.

Lance has reportedly shown little to nothing in practice so far in his time in Dallas.

We won’t have a 4th round pick in a draft where gurus are saying there will be plenty of 3rd round grades available in the 4th rd.

To put a cherry on top, we’re probably going to end up losing Lance for nothing after this season.

Shambolic front office.

Lance was traded with 2 years left on his contract...the rest only have one year. Many around here want Lance to start....just another click bait post by someone that wants "fans" to share to get his name out there. Good job.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
We paid the most for the QB who has done the least from that ‘21 draft.

Lance has reportedly shown little to nothing in practice so far in his time in Dallas.

We won’t have a 4th round pick in a draft where gurus are saying there will be plenty of 3rd round grades available in the 4th rd.

To put a cherry on top, we’re probably going to end up losing Lance for nothing after this season.

Shambolic front office.

We have to remember we made this trade last offseason vs this year for the others. So 2 Years in the league vs 3 probably carries some value in these types of deals. Maybe the Cowboys should have paid a 5th rounder instead, but I don't think anyone really knows fully what Lance has or doesn't at this point. I still don't mind taking the swing that we did for a day 3 pick.

Also instead of knocking the Cowboys for trading a 4th round pick away shouldn't we be knocking the front offices that drafted those players initially? Many even traded away additional picks to trade up too.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some people would rather just sit around - fat dumb and happy with nothing to show for it- than at least TRY.
Well, get off the couch....don't put yourself down....if you don't think trading for Lance with two years to develop him isn't trying, YOU aren't trying.

Big_D

Reaction score
We have to remember we made this trade last offseason vs this year for the others. So 2 Years in the league vs 3 probably carries some value in these types of deals. Maybe the Cowboys should have paid a 5th rounder instead, but I don't think anyone really knows fully what Lance has or doesn't at this point. I still don't mind taking the swing that we did for a day 3 pick.

Also instead of knocking the Cowboys for trading a 4th round pick away shouldn't we be knocking the front offices that drafted those players initially? Many even traded away additional picks to trade up too.
That team has played in multiple super bowls while this one looks lost with a slew of holes to fill. But hey.. nice job Cowboys!