Trey Lance will compete with Cooper Rush for QB2

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
To be fair, the game was over by halftime. Therefore the 2nd half stats don't carry much weight. Had the Packers played their first string the entire half (like they did the first half) then it would be a more fair comparison. And that isn't taking into consideration they played defense differently in the 2nd half (with a big lead) than the first half.
Yes, because Dak is not a comeback QB. To be fair, anything can happen in one half of play for the team to get it close, but clearly the Packers were playing soft coverage and prevent to not give up the big play and kill time, so Dak’s passing stats in this game is a good example of football fool’s gold. I don’t even know why people bring those stats up (“he threw for 400+ yards!”) because it’s so irrelevant. Despite that it was still 48-16 with under 6 minutes left in the 4th quarter. Talk about empty calories.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Also consider the possibility that if Lance is able to wrest the backup QB spot from Rush in TC, he also qualifies to compete with Dak in 2025.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wouldn’t hurt.
It could if they spent the money it would take to sign someone that would be reasonably be expected to give Lance and Rush true competition. They already have notable dollars committed to backup QB's as it is.

I'm sure they will sign someone for training camp, but I can't see how they would sign someone that they think could be the #2 this year.