Trey Lance will compete with Cooper Rush for QB2

TheCritic

Reaction score
I see that KJJ is making another one of his long-winded trollish predictions. My how lucky we all feel!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They have their sights set that low for him? That is unfortunate.
Rush is the only QB there to compete with Lance. Do you think they should sign someone else to throw in the mix for the backup spot?

Adreme

Reaction score
The entire team was better with Rush as the starter.
That's not a coincidence.
I do remember watching Rush completely dominate the Eagles, who made the Super Bowl that year, so there might be something to… oh wait Dak was the QB when that happened. How did this “better” version of the Cowboys do, specifically Rush, in that other game against the Eagles?

Chasing6

Reaction score
This is what is wrong with this clown organization. Lance should be competing with Dak for #1. Don’t extend Dak I have a good feeling that Lance with this offensive system will thrive.
No. This is what's wrong with our delusional fan base.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The entire team was better with Rush as the starter.
That's not a coincidence.
The defense and running game was better. Was that because of Rush? Are you saying we would have a better chance of winning a Super Bowl with him? We had very little passing game with him. In six games he only threw 5 TD passes. In his last two starts combined he had less than 200 yards passing. He only had 102 yards passing in the win over the Rams because our defense played lights out and we ran the ball. We were limited with him offensively and once Dak returned we became the highest scoring offense in the league. Those of you who act like Cooper Rush is a better QB than Dak are being ridiculous.

leeblair

Reaction score
The defense and running game was better. Was that because of Rush? Are you saying we would have a better chance of winning a Super Bowl with him? We had very little passing game with him. In six games he only threw 5 TD passes. In his last two starts combined he had less than 200 yards passing. He only had 102 yards passing in the win over the Rams because our defense played lights out and we ran the ball. We were limited with him offensively and once Dak returned we became the highest scoring offense in the league. Those of you who act like Cooper Rush is a better QB than Dak are being ridiculous.
The team had a more balanced approach with Rush because he did what a quarterback is supposed to do, and that took pressure off of the defense.

leeblair

Reaction score
I do remember watching Rush completely dominate the Eagles, who made the Super Bowl that year, so there might be something to… oh wait Dak was the QB when that happened. How did this “better” version of the Cowboys do, specifically Rush, in that other game against the Eagles?
You saw what you wanted to see. You didn't see Rush lead the Cowboys to five wins and even in the loss to the Eagles in Philadelphia he led them back despite McCarthy refusing to dispute bad calls and Gallup stepping aside for Philly defenders.
You didn't want to see that because it made your hero look bad.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The team had a more balanced approach with Rush because he did what a quarterback is supposed to do, and that took pressure off of the defense.
The only chance we had to win with him is to run the ball and play great defense. Our pass rush was on pace to break the 84 Bears sack record. We were winning games with our defense and kicker. Maher made 14 FG’s during those 5 wins. He made 4 FG’s against Washington, because we couldn’t score TDs. We didn’t give up more than 17 points in any of the wins we had with Rush. Are you saying you would rather have Cooper Rush as our starting QB?

Adreme

Reaction score
You saw what you wanted to see. You didn't see Rush lead the Cowboys to five wins and even in the loss to the Eagles in Philadelphia he led them back despite McCarthy refusing to dispute bad calls and Gallup stepping aside for Philly defenders.
You didn't want to see that because it made your hero look bad.
No I saw an honest analysis of how he played. I know there is the 70IQ football take of "wins are a QB stat" for simpletons who do not understand how games are won and lost. Also Rush was the reason they were in trouble. Let me remind you his statline because it was truly putrid on every level and his play was worse than that. He was 18-38 (47% completion) 181 yards 1TD 3 INTs. That is an abomination of a football game by any metric and it was worse than the stats showed. That is the reason they lost. The defense was very good but Rush was simply not good enough. Then, despite the defense being worse in the rematch, Dak managed to overcome that by having a significantly better game. Against the exact same defense Dak was 27-35 347 yards 3TDs 1 INT. Unless you are an Eagles fan, Dak was by far the better of those 2 QBs for the Cowboys.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Better than the nfl leader in tds and percentage?

Ouch! And that one td was right after the green bay packer linebacker dropped a wide open int in the endzone LOL. The best!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

_sturt_

Reaction score
The only value he has is if some loses their backup for the season and wants a cheap fill in. Nobody is going to bring him in to start.
Cannot say no. Or yes. Simply can't know that either way because you can't know the situation that a given team finds itself in.

Best case?

Best case is, yes, Lance impresses, and yes some team that had been considered a legit playoff contender and had counted on Plan A to work out... suddenly... finds itself having to go with Plan B for an extended period of time, and yet all of the legit starters in the league have claimed that status on their current teams... and there is no #2 QB available on the market with a better proven record than Rush.

Here's where you're right about the 6th or 7th round pick, imo... if that's the only team in that state, then they're just going to wait out the Cowboys to waive him.

Here's where I'm right about having to know the situation... if there are two or more teams bidding for Rush's services, because the QB is of the paramount importance that the position is... you're looking at an auction that could yield as high as a 4th round pick, imo.