Trey Lance Will Start And Play Entire Game Vs Chargers

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Lance will eventually be the guy, but it will take injury or absolutely horrid play for him to take over before next season.
I see you’ve changed your tune from earlier this summer. You have a post claiming he would take over this season. You’ll be changing your tune again if you haven’t already after today’s INT fest. Lance will never be the guy and I’ve been saying that all along.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Tough way to lose a game, but there's a lot to like. There's not any part of me that thinks it wise to let such a young toolsy QB go. INTs the early in his career in preseason games aren't especially damning.

And speaking of "damning"... all of you who had the balls to argue with me over the off season as-if Lance can't run, eat mud.
5 INTs day. Who cares if he can run.

jujoboys

Reaction score
My prediction was close last week. So I’m doing the same prediction this week.

2 passing TDs and 1 rushing TD.

Cowboys end in victory formation.
lol. 5 INTS. This is your guy? Like I said, if Dak is not the starting QB in 2025 it won’t be anyone else on the roster. Rush’s ceiling is backup and Trey Lance is just garbage at this point. We need to draft a QB and draft one as high as possible. The only advantage to starting Lance is that we may have a shot for the 1st overall pick.

Heath

Reaction score
Well, at least he spread his 5 picks and, what, 2 fumbles over 4 quarters?

Can we please just not lose a quality player for trying to keep him on the roster? Admit the sunk costs and cut him. He's terrible. Dude cannot see the field to save his life.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I see you’ve changed your tune from earlier this summer. You have a post claiming he would take over this season. You’ll be changing your tune again if you haven’t already after today’s INT fest. Lance will never be the guy and I’ve been saying that all along.
he is like a fart....which ever direction the wind blow, he goes there, you just have to make sure you are upwind from the stink

HabsCowboysOwn

Reaction score
Neither is the overpaid scam artist whose poster you have on your bedroom wall.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
it-was-a-total-mess-simon-cowell.gif

_sturt_

Reaction score
5 INTs day. Who cares if he can run.
Short-sighted.

I mean, crazy short-sighted.

There was tangible growth seen in just these three games in different aspects of his game. He's simply too young and inexperienced for the front office to be quite so judgmental that he's exhausted his ceiling. Definitely not.

Fans? Fans will do what fans do. Be fickle.

The front office and the coaching staff will continue to develop him, and he's not a lock certainly... certainly... but he absolutely has a chance to be a starting caliber NFL QB in the next two years.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Short-sighted.

There was tangible growth seen in just these three games in different aspects of his game. He's simply too young and inexperienced for the front office to be quite so judgmental that he's exhausted his ceiling. Definitely not.

The front office and the coaching staff will continue to develop him, and he's not a lock certainly... certainly... but he absolutely has a chance to be a starting caliber NFL QB in the next two years.
You are confusing someone being a fanboi and facts. You think anyone cares if a QB can run if they throw 5 INTs?

My take on his 5 INTs today has nothing to do with if he has made progress. Zero. His performance today was horrible.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Short-sighted.

He seems to be getting worse.

_sturt_

Reaction score
You think anyone cares if a QB can run if they throw 5 INTs?
Oh please. Tony Romo threw 5 INTs, and he was a seasoned starter. Brett Favre, same.

Absolutely... not good. But it's not like you're making it out to be. Not at this stage. Absolutely not at this stage.

I'm not even talking up his running here. TL threw two beautiful long balls today, one of which went for a TD, and the other of which would have if the receiver was pretty much any of the receivers that will make the 53-man.

He was effective overall. The team moved the ball. His command of the offense is vividly stronger. He has some room for growth obviously in looking off receivers, but he did some of that. His arm is more than adequate.

He'll be fine. Again, by "fine" I don't mean he's going to be Romo or Favre or even a starter. But he's going to be employed in this league for at least 4 or 5 years somewhere.

Sydla

Reaction score
Short-sighted.

Tangible growth?

If you saw him in San Fran and read the reports on him from San Fran, these are the types of issues he had there.

He’s a talented kid for sure but he’s a long way from being a quality starting NFL QB.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Tangible growth?
Yes. Tangible growth. Game one to game three. I won't back down from that conclusion, because I watched game one... his first actual game in a long, long time, oh by the way.

If you saw him in San Fran and read the reports on him from San Fran, these are the types of issues he had there.
I repeat. It was only two weeks ago that he played in his first real game in a long, long time. And, at that, he's played very, very little NFL or college ball to begin with... you know this, I know this, we all know this. It's not somehow crazy to think he's a project and that that's okay.

And "issues?" He pretty much had one issue today. The rest of his game was solid. It's just that that one issue killed any chance of winning.

He’s a talented kid for sure but he’s a long way from being a quality starting NFL QB.
Think I've said as much, but if I somehow was misunderstood... yes... he's a long way from being a starter at this moment. This next year will be critical.

In all honesty, he should ask for a trade to a team that would give him an actual shot at being the #2, for that reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.