Trey Lance Will Start And Play Entire Game Vs Chargers

Status
Not open for further replies.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I would like to see him attempt more downfield passes. The first 2 games have been dink and dunk. 5.29 YPA isn't going to cut it. I know he will be limited by what WRs he will have available but we need to see if he can be accurate throwing the ball downfield. 62% is not really impressive when you look at the distance of his throws through the first 2 games. Rush isn't afraid to sling it downfield and he has a noodle arm.
Eh, I'd like to see a little bit more downfield action from Lance too, but he really isn't a total dink and dunk machine either. Last year Dak had about 12% of his passes being 20 yards or more. 20% were 10-19 yards. Lance is about 8% and 15% in those areas. With the small sample size of Lance we are really talking about just a couple of passes being the difference here. Adjusted for drops his completion percentage is 74%, which is also right in line with Daks from a year ago at 77%.

Not saying Lance is perfect by any stretch, but I wouldnt get too worked up over YPA numbers in preseason. In small sample sizes that data is just extremely unreliable. In the two games he has played so far his YPA for the Rams game was 4.6 but his average depth of receiver was 7.6 yards. Against Vegas his YPA was actually higher despite a lower receiver depth.

Hopefully he gets some snaps with the 1st team tomorrow, it would be interesting to see if Lance is willing to push the ball more downfield when he has better receivers.

khiladi

Reaction score
Full game sample. How he plays will impact the decision on Dak's contract.
If Jerry is smart, with all the 1 year contracts, he waits it out until at least mid-season to make a decision on which way the franchise is headed. If MM and the offense suffer, it’s time to bring in a HC that gets to pick his own QB.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
could we see a Dak Prescott type removal of Romo? Dak is not signing any deal... Lance goes off and plays great, and Jerry says we are moving on. Here are the keys, Lance?

Ive said Lance sucks from day 1, but I would love to see the team finally stick it to a player that thinks they are bigger than the team and holds the team hostage.
The playoff losses hurt Jerry.

Plus all the money spent on Dak…

Dak made Jerry Man-Cry.

Brutal

khiladi

Reaction score
I would like to see him attempt more downfield passes. The first 2 games have been dink and dunk. 5.29 YPA isn't going to cut it. I know he will be limited by what WRs he will have available but we need to see if he can be accurate throwing the ball downfield. 62% is not really impressive when you look at the distance of his throws through the first 2 games. Rush isn't afraid to sling it downfield and he has a noodle arm.
The Texas West Coast was basically done to protect Dak from his dumb-decision making. It was only after the bye-week that they had to scrap a lot of it and start taking more shots down field.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
The playoff losses hurt Jerry.

Plus all the money spent on Dak…

Dak made Jerry Man-Cry.

Brutal
I think people underestimate how bad that first Dak extension looked on Jerry, and how he is still feeling the ramifications of it, even though he has himself to partially blame too. Just speculation here, but I think Jerry signed off on that agreement and managed that contract under the assumption that Dak would play ball on the following deal. From the outside looking in that seems to not be whats happening and Dak is looking to take Jerry to the cleaners once again.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Does this mean Cooper has won the backup job or they don't wanna risk him getting injured for trade bait?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
could we see a Dak Prescott type removal of Romo? Dak is not signing any deal... Lance goes off and plays great, and Jerry says we are moving on. Here are the keys, Lance?

Ive said Lance sucks from day 1, but I would love to see the team finally stick it to a player that thinks they are bigger than the team and holds the team hostage.
How is Dak holding the team hostage?

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Does this mean Cooper has won the backup job or they don't wanna risk him getting injured for trade bait?
My guess is that unless Lance looks completely incompetent out there, that Coop is gone. Doubtful we carry 3, or that we will get trade offers since nobody signed him when he was a FA. Probably Minn will snag him after he's cut

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Just speculation here, but I think Jerry signed off on that agreement and managed that contract under the assumption that Dak would play ball on the following deal.
Agree 100% ........Pretty sure Jerry thought Dak would follow Troy and Romo whose extensions were easy and smooth.

LonnieElam

Reaction score
I'll be there. I take my son, Witten to a pre-season game for his bday every year. I'm looking forward to creating a core memory, but not the game.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
How about an mvp runner up trophy?
wow, Dak is on your mind. you are obsessed. I mean OBSESSED. 365x7x24x60x60. you think about nothing but Dak.
this is you:
Sky is blue...dallas wear blue. Dallas D, Dak
stars are out at night...dallas has a star..Dallas D, Dak

you can't sleep, eat, sit, walk, do anything without thinking about Dak.

sad. very very sad

Status
Not open for further replies.