Troy Aikman believes the Cowboys and Dak Prescott will ultimately agree to a new deal

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Troy 1st said they would sign dak by the deadline of mar 13.
Now he is saying " ultimately" lol that has no meaning so Troy is right if they EVER sign dak again! ......clever.

Notice he said nothing about how much it would or should be for.
All this does is stir the pot, which makes me think jerry asked him to do this, and maybe Troy finds a check for 1 mil in his mailbox soon?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Troy is such a simp.
Actually

he's not if you listened over the years that he's been on TV he's actually been more anti-cowboy, he literally goes out of his way to make sure he doesn't do too much complimenting of the Dallas Cowboys been that way for years and it's bugged the crap out of me that an ex-player of his caliber would talk down about our own team so this comes from his truly believing what he said...

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I need multiple receivers that can get consistent separation, extra OL, a star RB, and a top 10 defense to have Prescott compete for a Lombardi. He is not good enough to make up for holes in the roster particularly in high pressure games like the playoffs.

After 8 years we have a sufficient sample size to say he is what he is and he is only going to get worse as he progresses through his 30s.

Now way on Earth he should make more than $40M. I would rather have a Gino Smith, Kirk Cousins, Jared Goff, significantly cheaper if marginally less talented option to build a super team for than watch Dak continue to fail. I would rather tank.

The QB FA market is disgustingly inefficient. That does not mean you double down on it where the inefficiency is worst. Signing Prescott to $60M AAV is precisely that.