Troy Aikman believes the Cowboys and Dak Prescott will ultimately agree to a new deal

Chasing6

Reaction score
I dunno.

If it's Jacksonville, then Jerry can get close enough and keep Tyron here.
But KC offering *more* money.

Just go Tyron. Get your ring.
That is why he is testing the market. We will have to wait and see. I think Jeruh is hopeful he can retain him.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
That is why he is testing the market. We will have to wait and see. I think Jeruh is hopeful he can retain him.
*If* Jerry wants to win this year.
I'm working a theory that he's tanking to get Dak to demand a trade.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

I think.thats inevitable.

Jerry and Dak are just posturing right now. If Jerry was serious, specially with his talk about Lance they would have picked up his 5thnyear option. Actio s speak louder than words. Jerry says Lance exceeded expectations black blah blah. But we are not picking up his 5th year option.

Who is he trying to fool?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Dak does play at a high level. Just not all the time or on the bigger stages consistently.

Troy didn’t get into those details . Just provided a broad stroke.

GMO415

Reaction score
He said the same about Romo. Troy will be 0-2.

Chasing6

Reaction score
*If* Jerry wants to win this year.
I'm working a theory that he's tanking to get Dak to demand a trade.
Your theory is Trance is going to take us deep in the playoffs? I guarantee if Minnesota is really interested in trading for Trance he is gone.

Send him back home.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He said the same about Romo. Troy will be 0-2.
Several NFL QB’s play at a high level that’s teams don’t necessarily have a lot of success.

Romo played at a high level . Not all the time. Same for Dak. Are they enough to win championships. Doesn’t look like it. But doesn’t mean they totally suk.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We have an average to slightly above average QB that struggles against better teams.

He’s enough to be a playoff contender and help us win a division.

Not enough to take us to championships .

And we have an owner who’s content with being relative and interesting. What do you think he will do. My hunch is he’ll resign him.

It’s the comfortable thing for him to do. 12 win playoff and division winners despite choking in playoffs is a good years work for Jethro and the wealthiest franchise in sports.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Several NFL QB’s play at a high level that’s teams don’t necessarily have a lot of success.

Romo played at a high level . Not all the time. Same for Dak. Are they enough to win championships. Doesn’t look like it. But doesn’t mean they totally suk.
So did Marino.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Troy doesn't know anything. He's just another member of the media at this point.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Here's Troy's statement.......this stands out to me. I'm sure he and Dak spend a lot of private time together. So the tone is probably coming directly from conversations with Dak w/o saying too much. My point is very likely the extension will get done BUT could be only short-term, two, maybe three years max. But it could also be his last one as a Cowboy unless he wins a Super Bowl.

“And I don’t think it is,” Aikman said. “They got to do with deal, don’t they? They got to free up some money. So he’ll be here for a little while longer and he should be. He’s proven he can play at a high level. And I know that they’ve come up short as a team the last few years but he’s been a great player in this league and his best years are still ahead of him

Chasing6

Reaction score
Here's Troy's statement.......this stands out to me. I'm sure he and Dak spend a lot of private time together. So the tone is probably coming directly from conversations with Dak w/o saying too much. My point is very likely the extension will get done BUT could be only short-term, two, maybe three years max. But it could also be his last one as a Cowboy unless he wins a Super Bowl.

“And I don’t think it is,” Aikman said. “They got to do with deal, don’t they? They got to free up some money. So he’ll be here for a little while longer and he should be. He’s proven he can play at a high level. And I know that they’ve come up short as a team the last few years but he’s been a great player in this league and his best years are still ahead of him
Danny White had no idea what he was talking about because he was a loser and never won a SB.

Troy Aikman has no idea what he is talking about because he is a.......wait he won 3 SB's and is HOF QB.

Delusional fans need to wake up.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
IMO they will restructure him before the start of the new year.
This will free up cap space and give the FO more time to drag on about his long term future here.
I agree John but I think both sides are approaching this as a drop-dead short-term extension (2-3 years ). In other words, If he doesn't win or at least make a Super Bowl appearance under this extension, I think he and Jerry will be ready to move on.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I agree John but I think both sides are approaching this as a drop-dead short-term extension (2-3 years ). In other words, If he doesn't win or at least make a Super Bowl appearance under this extension, I think he and Jerry will be ready to move on.
2-3 years means 4-5 so they can spread out the cap hit.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Troy and Roger will be the best Cowboys QBs forever. They brought the rain. And I will always be thankful for those great years in the 90s when I just became old enough to understand football and chose the coolest team to follow. I became a fan during the 92 season and boom they went all the way. And the next year too! What a time for a little sports fan.

With that being said, Troy is simply wrong on this one. Dak has nothing left, he has shown what he can do and what not. I don't blame Troy for saying it, even though it was a bit much. I absolutely trust his football IQ and would never turn on him because of a dimwit like Dak. Keep on embracing that Cowboys franchise and all its players Troy. You earned it despite what fans think! We dont have to agree on that one. :)