Troy Aikman believes the Cowboys and Dak Prescott will ultimately agree to a new deal

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Dak will get the extension. It makes the most sense for a team that doesn’t plan to fully rebuild. Jerruh is not starting over at this point in his life.

khiladi

Reaction score
Cowboys may want to decide what they want to do quickly. If Cousins, five years older the Dak, coming off an Achilles injury, and no more successful than Dak in the playoffs, signs for north of $50 million per year, France will ask for significantly more. Because if that’s what Cousins can get in free agency, Dak would get much more.
I’d take Cousins over Dak in a heartbeat.

khiladi

Reaction score
I think.thats inevitable.

Jerry and Dak are just posturing right now. If Jerry was serious, specially with his talk about Lance they would have picked up his 5thnyear option. Actio s speak louder than words. Jerry says Lance exceeded expectations black blah blah. But we are not picking up his 5th year option.

Who is he trying to fool?
not really. McCarthy had one year. They have one more year to see Trey in practice and if Dak sucks, they bench him for Trey and if Trey shows something, then they make a decision on the option.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
not really. McCarthy had one year. They have one more year to see Trey in practice and if Dak sucks, they bench him for Trey and if Trey shows something, then they make a decision on the option.
this is all wishful thinking. if Dak sucks, probability is Lance will suck more. so its suck or suckier. take your pick.

this team is in a bad place. we just have to wait for it to play out and rebuild starts in 25.

Chasing6

Reaction score
this is all wishful thinking. if Dak sucks, probability is Lance will suck more. so its suck or suckier. take your pick.

this team is in a bad place. we just have to wait for it to play out and rebuild starts in 25.
No way Dak gets benched for Trance. Unless GM Jeruh decides to start the season with no LT and no OC and go 0-8 to start the season.

I am sure Lamb and Micah are really going to enjoy that.

khiladi

Reaction score

I’m not in on Lance, I’m just speaking from the perspective of the FO and them getting Lance and having him for this next season. They aren’t tied to either Dak or Lance in reality, if they are willing to take the cap hit for Dak. McCarthy is 1 year, Dak is 1 year….

Chasing6

Reaction score
I’m not in on Lance, I’m just speaking from the perspective of the FO and them getting Lance and having him for this next season. They aren’t tied to either Dak or Lance in reality, if they are willing to take the cap hit for Dak. McCarthy is 1 year, Dak is 1 year….
And Trance is a 1 year.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
But the jersey sales. If lance was top 50 in jersey sales, Jerry might make the move because Cowboys starter sells jerseys.... All this stuff from Jerry is amateurish comments. He knows he is cornered with Dak. Jerry is not ready to move on from Dak. Once you understand it's not about championships with jerry it will all makes sense to you.

khiladi

Reaction score
But the jersey sales. If lance was top 50 in jersey sales, Jerry might make the move because Cowboys starter sells jerseys.... All this stuff from Jerry is amateurish comments. He knows he is cornered with Dak. Jerry is not ready to move on from Dak. Once you understand it's not about championships with jerry it will all makes sense to you.
Micah was the number 1 selling jersey this year. Zeke was top 3 when he had the bad PR as a woman beater. Romo and Witten, top 5. Dez, the head case, top 5. It doesn’t matter who the personnel is on this team, if the record is good.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Your theory is Trance is going to take us deep in the playoffs? I guarantee if Minnesota is really interested in trading for Trance he is gone.

Send him back home.
No.
We could tank one year to get out of Dak money or be mediocre for the next 5, take your pick.
Jimmy is back in his ear, and tanked year 1.
If they can unload Dak soon enough, I expect a QB draft pick to compete with Lance.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
The deadline to make a decision on Lance’s fifth year option is May 2nd…2024. Less than 60 days from now. I’m going to guess the answer is “decline”.

Chasing6

Reaction score
The deadline to make a decision on Lance’s fifth year option is May 2nd…2024. Less than 60 days from now. I’m going to guess the answer is “decline”.
That should hopefully be a no brainer at this point for the Jones'.

ICP

Reaction score
I've seen 4 of the 5, they are like distant memories.

khiladi

Reaction score
They aren’t exercising the option this year, they already stated it. I wasn’t familiar with the fact it couldn’t apply to next year, which changes kind of the point, Well than, if he shows something they can sign him after the season, because he clearly is here on the 4th year. And if they want to try and sign him next year. The point still stands, which is they aren’t tied to Dak.

The Broncos just took the plus 80 million dollar hit for releasing Wilson.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Micah was the number 1 selling jersey this year. Zeke was top 3 when he had the bad PR as a woman beater. Romo and Witten, top 5. Dez, the head case, top 5. It doesn’t matter who the personnel is on this team, if the record is good.

zeke was top 3, early. but when he declined he no longer was top of anything and thus he was let go.
Romo, Witten were top 5, but they got old. retired. Dak came on the scene and all the buzz, jersey sales went up and he replaced Romo.
Dez was top 5, but got injured and was often injured.

and that's the point, the fringe/casual fans don't much care abotu championships. their response to playoff loss is "oh well", next year. winning seasons. fills seats. sells merchandise. to invest and get to the next level doesn't buy much more for Jerry. so its business as usual. you can't argue with his approach since he is the #1 franchise in the world!!!

SpaceCowboy99

Reaction score

This is one of those occasions I give Troy a pass. Troy doesn't want to harm any standing he has as a hall of famer, cowboys champion, cowboys, spokesperson, elite commentator, etc. On a few of these specific topics, Jerry, Dak, etc, he is happy throwing up long range 2 pointers and not going hard in the paint.

I don't blame him, it's not worth the fallout of him not supporting Dak, causing more rifts, making every conversation he has from here on out being about Him and Dak. He knows Dak will hold most of the QB records for the cowboys when he's done. If Dak never wins a SB, it's not a poor reflection on Aikman and he will continue being in good standing with the cowboys organization, it's fans, and the NFL as a non-divisive commentator.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
This is one of those occasions I give Troy a pass. Troy doesn't want to harm any standing he has as a hall of famer, cowboys champion, cowboys, spokesperson, elite commentator, etc. On a few of these specific topics, Jerry, Dak, etc, he is happy throwing up long range 2 pointers and not going hard in the paint.

I don't blame him, it's not worth the fallout of him not supporting Dak, causing more rifts, making every conversation he has from here on out being about Him and Dak. He knows Dak will hold most of the QB records for the cowboys when he's done. If Dak never wins a SB, it's not a poor reflection on Aikman and he will continue being in good standing with the cowboys organization, it's fans, and the NFL as a non-divisive commentator.
Exactly, he's trying to be "politically correct". He might want a job in the future with the team. gm?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Dak really needs to come around to allowing others to make their money, so this team can be a real winner!

He's already makes way too much! Quit listening to your agent and do what your mom would want you to do.

Making the big bucks isn't what this team needs to be a winning proposition. Just wake up and do what's right!

Last edited: