Troy Aikman on Dak

John813

Reaction score
Did they ask Troy if those things can be improved upon?

Creeper

Reaction score
I would defer to Aikman any time. But its also obvious. I get the impression Dak holds the ball and is indecisive because even he knows he is not accurate enough to squeeze a ball into a receiver who is covered. But its worse than that. Remember the Panthers game when he overthrew Gathers in the end zone. Gathers was wide open. He underthrew Blake Jarwin on another play. This week he overthrew Austin for what should have been a big play. In this league those plays make a difference between a in and a loss potentially. You get those opportunities only a few times a game so missing those throws is huge.

I also think Dak does miss what defenses are doing a lot. Those blitzes the Texans were running. I could see they were going to blitz on my TV but Dak ran plays right into the blitzes a few times. The old saying is the way to stop those blitzes is to burn the defense a couple of times. Dak doesn't. So Aikman is probably right about Dak's anticipation too.

My only question is, is it Dak or poor QB coaching?

Kaiser

Reaction score
y only question is, is it Dak or poor QB coaching?

IMO it can be a combination of things. Dak is hearing footsteps more than he should, which throws off his mechanics and rushes his reads. The coaching and scheme should help cover some of that but it isn't.

All of it can be worked out, no one should be running Dak out of town but of course they will.