Troy Aikman on Dak

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I love Troy. Always refer to him. What he said is true. Absolutely true. But...

Troy seems to forget how his accuracy, precision and execution also regressed or got affected drastically in his later years when his Oline was no longer that good and he was constantly under pressure or getting sacked.

He and everyone else should remember that.
True to a degree & I think Troy would agree. However, he was the last man standing trying to carry the team. Dak's situation is different but not necessarily unique. I'm not beating him up, just grading him. He is just not performing. As Romo said, its a meritocracy. His merit isn't worthy of being the starter, that's just being honest. Let's see if he is big enough to fix his flaws (which i don't think he can) or step aside for the good of the team.

LifetimeBoysFan

Reaction score
He's an arm chair QB.

Stephen said so.
We're laughing all the way to the bank on this one. We have the real QB of the 90s on staff already. Thanks for the input Troy, but who's coaching and who's in the booth calling games? Leave the coaching to the coaches please and thank you. :muttley:

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Yes Eric Williams was a beast and better than LA in my opinion before he crashed his car into a wall.

I liked when he slapped Reggie White and other pass rushers in the helmet with his cast... that caused their heads to ring and the NFL to outlaw the slaps.
Whoa now. I'm all for giving EW all the proper respect he deserves but when you say anyone was better than LA (in any generation), you have gone too far. Too far sir.

Sydla

Reaction score
I am still chuckling that one of the best QBs in the Cowboys history has leveled a criticism or two against our starting QB and we have fans who then spent much of this thread essentially attacking his bonafides and ability to analyze a NFL QB.

LOL. Geezus.

Ddisco22

Reaction score
I am still chuckling that one of the best QBs in the Cowboys history has leveled a criticism or two against our starting QB and we have fans who then spent much of this thread essentially attacking his bonafides and ability to analyze a NFL QB.

LOL. Geezus.
Most of these threads are comical

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Not really enough data. No.

Flaws and weaknesses? Sure. But a rookie season usually isn’t enough data.

Especially considering that More often than not, players improve after their rookie season, not get worse.

Dak always had flaws, absolutely. But he also isn’t the same player he was as a rookie. He has gotten worse.

The flaws that were there were ones you could see were going to limit him in the future.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ya know who else thought you couldn't teach accuracy to a 21 year old QB? Archie Manning, which is why he had professional QB coaching for both of his sons from the age of 10. Good or bad habits start young and if you want to see something interesting look at his mechanics from his Ole Miss and Saints days compared to his sons. He didn't get the benefit of developing good habits young but was one, like Stafford, that overcame that.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
People are forgetting that Troy also said Dak has bad anticipation of the defense besides his accuracy issues

I think some of you are taking this way out of context. He isnt saying he's bad. Buck was on tv arguing with somebody and said Troy loves Dak and what he does.

Sydla

Reaction score
I think some of you are taking this way out of context. He isnt saying he's bad. Buck was on tv arguing with somebody and said Troy loves Dak and what he does.

Bad is relative. I think it's obvious that Aikman is saying that the way Prescott is playing now just isn't good enough.