Video: Troy Aikman speaks on the Cowboys turnaround

Dre11

Reaction score
The turnaround, nonetheless is impressive considering their own talent. But this IS a talented football team on offense. When Dak was in there, they were tearing up the NFL. It has taken a while with Dalton to get things from bad to passable. The defense for me has been the big difference. All the turnovers is really what has made these wins possible.

But again, its against woeful competition, which to me just masks what a waste it is that we are going on this run. Short term, its nice to watch, but long term and getting to the SB one day, its detrimental.

How can it be detrimental, this team is woefully injured now, winning exudes confidence, it creates chemistry, it create trust in the coach, losing does the exact opposite, no draft pick changes that if you don't win. This is great for this team, and those young guys are getting good experience winning, especially the OL, imagine how they'll help this team as depth in the future

Last edited:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
How can it be detrimental, this team is woefully injured now, winning exudes confidence, it creates chemistry, it create trust in the coach, losing does the exact opposite, no draft pick changes that if you don't win. This is great for this team, and those young guys are getting good experience winning, especially the OL, imagine how they'll help this team as depth in the future

Team needs talent. It’s great in ways you mentioned, but it’s about winning titles.

stiletto

Reaction score
Team needs talent. It’s great in ways you mentioned, but it’s about winning titles.

I just want to see the coaching staff and these young players continue to build. It is ultimately good if they are taught to be winners and not give-up losers like during the Garrett era. It's already different in that I am not sure Garrett wins 2 more games after Dak goes down. Given the sorry talent in the draft this year I am less upset about losing the draft pick spot, we'd be paying a guy like Trevon Diggs top 5 money. Probably for the best not to do that anyways. I mean I'd rather had a top 5 pick but this is the worst draft in YEARS to have it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I just want to see the coaching staff and these young players continue to build. It is ultimately good if they are taught to be winners and not give-up losers like during the Garrett era. It's already different in that I am not sure Garrett wins 2 more games after Dak goes down. Given the sorry talent in the draft this year I am less upset about losing the draft pick spot, we'd be paying a guy like Trevon Diggs top 5 money. Probably for the best not to do that anyways. I mean I'd rather had a top 5 pick but this is the worst draft in YEARS to have it.

Great for the coaching staff and young players for sure. But guys like Dalton and Zeke arent going to be leading this team in a year or two. I think 1/3 of the roster gets turned over next year. This defense really needs some top level young talent.

stiletto

Reaction score
I think 1/3 of the roster gets turned over next year. This defense really needs some top level young talent.

Too bad there's not much of it in this draft on the Defensive side. Will McClay is going to have to earn his money.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Turnaround??? we played 3 bottom feeder teams with backup qbs

Understandable. But last year, we lost to the Jets when we didn't have near the same amount of injuries. Winning in this league isn't a given no matter who you face.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Too bad there's not much of it in this draft on the Defensive side. Will McClay is going to have to earn his money.

We might have a shot at one of the top corners or DTs even if we're picking in the teens. Of course, that means that they aren't generational talents, but they should at least be improvements to what we're putting out there.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Its going to be a weird draft with the covid nonsense. Those that do their homework, have the most picks and have the highest picks will have a distinct advantage like always.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
We might have a shot at one of the top corners or DTs even if we're picking in the teens. Of course, that means that they aren't generational talents, but they should at least be improvements to what we're putting out there.
I really want farley. He and stingley were the best corners in cfb last year and it wasnt close. I hope he has been getting professional help on the side working out

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
we have talent, this team needs to improve their FA philosophy to get over the hump

The reason this team isnt a contender is because of blown defensive draft picks.

Zeke over Ramsey, Taco over TJ Watt, Hill over Rapp, ect....ect......

Dre11

Reaction score
The reason this team isnt a contender is because of blown defensive draft picks.

are you serious? all picks are a crapshoot, How many teams passed on TJ Watt? How many teams passed on Rapp. Then again you have no idea how those players turn out here, Every team in the NFL can use the hindsight angle. Also, when you look at Watt and Taco scouting reports , Taco was considered a late first and also talk of him being a the top 10 pick while Watt was late first early second.
Zeke also was ahead of Ramsey on a lot of scouting reports.

https://www.BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/scoutingreport2017tjwatt.php

https://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/scoutingreport2017tcharlton.php

Dre11

Reaction score

too add, Zeke's impact on his team was greater or equal to Ramsey's in the first couple of years with Ramsey already being traded out .

starfan1

Reaction score
Ramsey and Henry > Zeke and whatever garbage cb you want to throw in there

no matter how you slice it drafting zeke at #4 was a colossal mistake and having Ramsey and Jones may have led to better results

Henry could have garnered the same if not better results

lockster

Reaction score
He is very flippity floppity. I think he's butt hurt romo is regarded as numero uno among broadcasters and makes far more money.
Man, U might just be onto something. Romo is definitely the number one guy in broadcasting.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
are you serious? all picks are a crapshoot, How many teams passed on TJ Watt? How many teams passed on Rapp. Then again you have no idea how those players turn out here, Every team in the NFL can use the hindsight angle. Also, when you look at Watt and Taco scouting reports , Taco was considered a late first and also talk of him being a the top 10 pick while Watt was late first early second.
Zeke also was ahead of Ramsey on a lot of scouting reports.

https://www.BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/scoutingreport2017tjwatt.php

https://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/scoutingreport2017tcharlton.php

LOL.........yah, sure buddy.

There isnt a coach alive that would take Zeke over Ramsey.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
too add, Zeke's impact on his team was greater or equal to Ramsey's in the first couple of years with Ramsey already being traded out .

Ramsey is the better player and the more important position. Not to mention Zeke is fading fast and Ramsey will be top notch for another 5-7 years.

Zeke had a great rookie year and its been downhill since. Thats all you got.