Video: Troy Aikman speaks on the Cowboys turnaround

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
aikman should have retired earlier. he was stinking up the place. most of his bad mouthing of jerry was to defend his buddy garrett. i can only speak for myself and how i conduct business, but i consider it highly inappropriate to diss the guy every chance aikman gets, and then call a cowboy game on the network claiming his impartiality. imo, aikman is a hypocrit. as for romo, he's already changed from predicting every play in advance to just analyzing the game as it goes on. and he does it far better than aikman ever did. of course, that's just my opinion. ps.....happy new years. stay safe.
Same to you and I will stay as safe as I can being alone and within that is the danger. Sometimes, a keeper is required.

I think Romo was called aside by the HC's about calling out the plays ahead of time. I did see him do that on Sunday and he was dead wrong, had it as a run to the left and it was a quick pass to the right.

My real problem with trying to listen to him is that it takes energy because he has one of the worst broadcast voices and fails to project into the mic. At times, he's mumbling and gets drowned out by ambient crowd noise, when that's present.

I had quite a bit of experience with new guys doing high school football and the first rule they had to learn was they were talking to people that they could not see, don't talk to the guy sitting next to you and I think Romo does that too often and I will hear his voice drift. But then I was trained to watch with my ears so there's that as well and this might not be a problem for others. And I don't know why I feel this way but I would really like to hit Jim Nantz in the face with a pie.

Proof

Reaction score
Win this week; move forward in the playoffs.

Simple...

Any team on a 4-win streak entering the playoffs can win the SB - FACT....

uhh. Any team entering the playoffs can potentially win the sb

Proof

Reaction score
We lose with 3rd and 4th string players, and the narrative is we suck.
We win, even if against other teams with losing records and we still suck.

we have the worlds worse fans. We won 3 in a row, have a chance at the playoffs and the usuals do not like it.
Why are they even fans.

Ehhh. You act like those are the only potential outcomes. I’d imagine beating good teams would instill some confidence. It’s entirely possible to beat bad teams and still suck.

I’m glad they’re doing their part and the playoffs are a possibility but there’s nothing wrong with fans being realistic

ESisback

Reaction score
Good point . And I’d add we were considered a contender heading into the season. The fact we don’t have our starting QB and OL are factors but if our backups are playing at a higher level than expected.. who knows.

The major difference I see in making such a comparison. Is Giants had a much better defense and a QB who had had success before in the playoffs. Those are two big factors we don’t have going for us.
Yep!

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Yep and with our entire starting roster intact.

And we were a bottom feeder ourselves this year.

I don't think we know just how hard it was for them to turn that ship into the wind. Doesn't matter who they were playing, only how they played. They played hard and with heart which is all we can ask of them.
You are correct there they definitely been getting after it. But too little too late unfortunately. congrats on the mod spot. I hope they all told you nice things about me

Dre11

Reaction score
True, but were still only beating bottom feeders with 2nd and 3rd string backups. Cowboys had the easiest schedule in the 2nd half and that was made even easier by starting QB's getting injured before we played them and with teams like Washington and Giants who only needed to win one more game.

what you're missing is the fact we are playing these teams with a 2nd string qb too. we're playing with 2nd and 3rd string OL as well, our schedule was the easiest schedule when you have your team, but with our injuries and backups, these games aren't easy anymore. people talk like those teams were inferior to us and all our backups....lol

Last edited:

Loso86

Reaction score
Hell if they get two stops against Cleveland we win that game too.. Once Dak and the offense got rolling they would have been able to name the score if the defense could keep the other team from driving 80 yards for TDs..
Definitely agree, we would be sitting with at least 10 wins this year

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
what you're missing is the fact we are playing these teams with a 2nd string qb too. we're playing with 2nd and 3rd string OL as well, our schedule was the easiest schedule when you have your team, but with our injuries and backups, these games aren't easy anymore. people talk like those teams were inferior to us and all our backups....lol
No, I get it, but it’s still no great feat. This team really still sucks regardless.

Cmac

Reaction score

MaineBoy

Reaction score
Win this week; move forward in the playoffs.

Simple...

Any team on a 4-win streak entering the playoffs can win the SB - FACT....

We beat teams with serious or rookie QB problems. Rogers, Mahones, Brees, and Brady would crush us. FACT.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Hey we're all fans here....just some are realists and some are blind loyalists. Nothing wrong, to each his own. The problem is those thinking that the Cowboys beating up on the last three flyweights and going up against the fourth are going to be able to then step into the ring against a heavyweight and have their way. Well, there is no comparison. This is not gonna turn our very pretty if that happens. The D will go back to being a sib, and the OL will not be able to protect Dalton. Harsh truth man.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I talk like lets not get excited when we win the xfl championship. Which is pretty much what the matchups have been. What I'm saying is there is no actual "turnaround" We got blown out the 2 games before the bengals game
Ease up on the Hennessy.

Cmac

Reaction score
the criticism is fine when he's calling games. you can see what he's talking about as the game progresses. he just lacks romo's flair. no big deal. but it's his comments when on talk shows, etc. that i don't care for. he owes jerry a lot. but you'd never know it.
Jerry got 3 rings...the only 3 rings he got, with Troy as the QB. Who owes who?

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
This may sound like a silly thing, but there seems there may have been a slight cultural change that players may have embraced...

Previously when players traveled to the stadiums or to the airport/hotel, they had to be dressed to the 9s.

Now guys are, clean and well dressed, but they're wearing sneakers & jeans... it seems a lot more relaxed.

Was this a change from McCarthy? Does it have guys more focused on the work on the field versus trying to build/project a product/brand image?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I wouldn't say they suck. when they sucked, they would've lost these games.

The turnaround, nonetheless is impressive considering their own talent. But this IS a talented football team on offense. When Dak was in there, they were tearing up the NFL. It has taken a while with Dalton to get things from bad to passable. The defense for me has been the big difference. All the turnovers is really what has made these wins possible.

But again, its against woeful competition, which to me just masks what a waste it is that we are going on this run. Short term, its nice to watch, but long term and getting to the SB one day, its detrimental.

Techsass

Reaction score
We lose with 3rd and 4th string players, and the narrative is we suck.
We win, even if against other teams with losing records and we still suck.

we have the worlds worse fans. We won 3 in a row, have a chance at the playoffs and the usuals do not like it.
Why are they even fans.
Yeah, but this season we do suck.