Troy Aikman still believes in Dak Prescott

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
'I Still Believe In Dak!' Dallas Cowboys Legend Troy Aikman on Prescott

DALLAS - Dak Prescott had the momentum. He had the numbers. Many think he had the roster.
But because of his Dallas Cowboys' playoff loss to the Green Bay Packers, many football fans believe that the organization ought to move on from the pricy QB.
Troy Aikman is not among those skeptics.

Mj-Az-ODU2-MDI0-MTM2-ODUy-OTg3.jpg

“I still believe in Dak,” the Cowboys legend and three-time Super Bowl champion said recently. “I think that until you do it, there's always those criticisms. I know Peyton Manning went through that. His first three years, he didn't win a playoff game, and then you look back on it now and you can't imagine that anyone would question whether or not he could win a playoff game.”

https://athlonsports.com/nfl/dallas...legend-troy-aikman-on-prescott-peyton-manning

:popcorn:

khiladi

Reaction score
I’m pretty sure Aikman didn’t think Manning couldn’t hit the broad side of the barn and was bad his first 3 years, like he did Dak… nor does Aikman think the franchise that Manning walked into as the number 1 pick was as good as what Dak walked into. Peyton went from 3-13 to 13-3 in his second year carrying a bunch of bums. And he ended up in the conference championship in his 7th year, while doing it with mediocre defenses.

Plus, Aikman isn’t even as good as Dak. He was carried to 3 SBs while Dak has to carry bums.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I’m pretty sure Aikman didn’t think Manning couldn’t hit the broad side of the barn and was bad his first 3 years, like he did Dak… nor does Aikman think the franchise that Manning walked into as the number 1 pick was as good as what Dak walked into. Peyton went from 3-13 to 13-3 in his second year carrying a bunch of bums. And he ended up in the conference championship in his 7th year, while doing it with mediocre defenses.

Plus, Aikman isn’t even as good as Dak. He was carried to 3 SBs while Dak has to carry bums.
You seriously believe Troy Aikman was carried to 3 SBs?

sbark

Reaction score

Ahhh
Another Aikman hate thread....
/s

btgboys41

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Aikman likes Dak for sure. He also basically said the same thing about Cousins when he went to Atlanta. He tends to give QBs the benefit of the doubt and that’s not a shocker.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
sorry but this was posted two months ago. so is this a re-run? should we just go grab all the comments and responses from the old post and put it here?

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I suppose, unless Dak's cut, we'll see whether he can maintain 2023's regular season form against a more difficult schedule and with an inferior roster.

Haven't read the article, but did Troy use any context....using Manning's improvement after year one doesn't really equate to the faith in the expectations of an 8 year veteran.

Rayman70

Reaction score
That he doesn't or no longer does if and when he loses belief in Dak. Troy has never minced words about how he feels and why.
I hear ya but he can't give an answer like that for a player when hes supposed to appear unbiased during broadcasts. He has to give off an image that he supports every player equally, even if he privately doesn't. Think about where the even was too. It was a childrens cancer event/fundraiser. Imagine how vilified Troy would have looked had he said something that put Dak in a bad light. The kids at the event look up to Dak and Troy. NO WAY IN HECK Troy was about to squash those kids like that and say something that took the attention away from kids. It was classy by Troy.