Troy Aikman still believes in Dak Prescott

Chasing6

Reaction score
I’m pretty sure Aikman didn’t think Manning couldn’t hit the broad side of the barn and was bad his first 3 years, like he did Dak… nor does Aikman think the franchise that Manning walked into as the number 1 pick was as good as what Dak walked into. Peyton went from 3-13 to 13-3 in his second year carrying a bunch of bums. And he ended up in the conference championship in his 7th year, while doing it with mediocre defenses.

Plus, Aikman isn’t even as good as Dak. He was carried to 3 SBs while Dak has to carry bums.
I am pretty sure, Aikman could care less, about what you think you are pretty sure of.

Chasing6

Reaction score
You seriously believe Troy Aikman was carried to 3 SBs?
Troy played for arguably the best team ever assembled. It does not mean he was not a great QB, he just did not have to play great to win. He had a lot of horses to lean on. He rarely had to carry the team and when when he did for a long period of time he lost.

Smith held out for 2 games. We went 0-2. Jerry seen enough and caved.

leeblair

Reaction score
'I Still Believe In Dak!' Dallas Cowboys Legend Troy Aikman on Prescott

DALLAS - Dak Prescott had the momentum. He had the numbers. Many think he had the roster.
But because of his Dallas Cowboys' playoff loss to the Green Bay Packers, many football fans believe that the organization ought to move on from the pricy QB.
Troy Aikman is not among those skeptics.

Mj-Az-ODU2-MDI0-MTM2-ODUy-OTg3.jpg

“I still believe in Dak,” the Cowboys legend and three-time Super Bowl champion said recently. “I think that until you do it, there's always those criticisms. I know Peyton Manning went through that. His first three years, he didn't win a playoff game, and then you look back on it now and you can't imagine that anyone would question whether or not he could win a playoff game.”

https://athlonsports.com/nfl/dallas...legend-troy-aikman-on-prescott-peyton-manning

:popcorn:
No, he doesn't. Troy knows he can't say what he really thinks of Dak's play and do his job.
Do you really think Troy Aikman- who's won three Super Bowls and gave his body up to help the team win- actually respects a guy who chokes every time the pressure is on and lets the media cover up for his failures?
If Troy told the truth, he'd be out of a job.

Chasing6

Reaction score
What difference does it make. He could not carry the team for 2 games. He needed Emmit to run the ball 30 times.

Derrick Lasic was the RB.

Troy was 5-14 when throwing 40 or more passes.

Troy only had 1 season when he threw for 20 or more TD's.

Troy never threw for 3,500 yards.

starfan1

Reaction score
Well if you look at Steve Young and Jim Kelly they had significantly more stats in 92-95.
Ya Troy had some great teams from 91 to 96 and the triplets from that team has the yellow HOF jackets and the coach

Troy’s accuracy was a thing of beauty and in my mind the second best QB to wear the star but I also believe that Romo , Dak , White and I don’t remember dandy Don well but they all could have won with that team

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

DALLAS - Dak Prescott had the momentum. He had the numbers. Many think he had the roster.
But because of his Dallas Cowboys' playoff loss to the Green Bay Packers, many football fans believe that the organization ought to move on from the pricy QB.

“I still believe in Dak,” the Cowboys legend and three-time Super Bowl champion said recently. “I think that until you do it, there's always those criticisms. I know Peyton Manning went through that. His first three years, he didn't win a playoff game, and then you look back on it now and you can't imagine that anyone would question whether or not he could win a playoff game.”

https://athlonsports.com/nfl/dallas...legend-troy-aikman-on-prescott-peyton-manning

Troy has forgotten more about QB play than ANY poster here and MUCH more than any of the haters who are blinded by their hate.

GMO415

Reaction score

Did he just compare three years of Payton to eights years of no show Dak?
200w.gif

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I didn’t listen to the video and just scrolled through the thread who said Dak is better than Troy?

Where are the FACT checkers lol
lol, it's sad, isn't it? Troy was one of the more accurate qb's in the NFL.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ya Troy had some great teams from 91 to 96 and the triplets from that team has the yellow HOF jackets and the coach

Troy’s accuracy was a thing of beauty and in my mind the second best QB to wear the star but I also believe that Romo , Dak , White and I don’t remember dandy Don well but they all could have won with that team
His accuracy..timing...and velocity. Command of the offense...didn't just run it...OWNED it.

Stud.

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
Peyton also had a nemesis in Tom Brady. It was fun to watch two elite quarterbacks trying to out best each other.
Until Dak can do the same against good teams, I can't go there with Troy. I just don't see Dak as a difference maker for his team. I hope he will prove everyone wrong.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
seems like Troy said something about the legend's accuracy, but that doesn't matter, he believes in him now. :lmao: