Troy Aikman still believes in Dak Prescott

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Aikman isn’t even as good as Dak. He was carried to 3 SBs while Dak has to carry bums.
Reel them in khiladi!

giphy.gif

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure Aikman didn’t think Manning couldn’t hit the broad side of the barn and was bad his first 3 years, like he did Dak… nor does Aikman think the franchise that Manning walked into as the number 1 pick was as good as what Dak walked into. Peyton went from 3-13 to 13-3 in his second year carrying a bunch of bums. And he ended up in the conference championship in his 7th year, while doing it with mediocre defenses.

Plus, Aikman isn’t even as good as Dak. He was carried to 3 SBs while Dak has to carry bums.
Almost got em all

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Yeah, Troy thinks dak is better than Mahomes and any quarterback that has ever played.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I’ll believe he has it in him to do it, my problem is I don’t think he’s capable of beating his mental block. 8 years, it’s not looking great. Maybe this year with all that’s working against him he does it. We will see what he’s got.

Big_D

Reaction score
People in and around this organization just love blowing smoke. What’s to actually believe when you can’t even cross the 50 in a playoff game until you’re already out it. Same exact crap endorsement every year from the usual suspects.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I’m pretty sure Aikman didn’t think Manning couldn’t hit the broad side of the barn and was bad his first 3 years, like he did Dak… nor does Aikman think the franchise that Manning walked into as the number 1 pick was as good as what Dak walked into. Peyton went from 3-13 to 13-3 in his second year carrying a bunch of bums. And he ended up in the conference championship in his 7th year, while doing it with mediocre defenses.

Plus, Aikman isn’t even as good as Dak. He was carried to 3 SBs while Dak has to carry bums.
You say some crap but even as a Dak fan this is one of the most bizarre posts did someone take your account over?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Sarcasm…. Dak fanboys saying it daily on this forum now

And Romo isn’t anywhere on the level of Troy.. it’s Staubach and Troy..
I’ve never heard a Dak fanboy say Aikman was carried lol. Romo fans use that to defend Romo.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I’ve never heard a Dak fanboy say Aikman was carried lol. Romo fans use that to defend Romo.
Nah, man thats been pointed out on here many times. Romo fans have never argued that he was better than Troy not one time, but we’ve seen Dak fans say if only Dak had what Troy had. They believe they’re the same player.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Nah, man thats been pointed out on here many times. Romo fans have never argued that he was better than Troy not one time, but we’ve seen Dak fans say if only Dak had what Troy had. They believe they’re the same player.
I’ve never seen it but fair enough. Guess the Romo fan boys and the Dak fanboys are both nuts. Fitting.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Sarcasm…. Dak fanboys saying it daily on this forum now

And Romo isn’t anywhere on the level of Troy.. it’s Staubach and Troy..
Sarcasm? More like ridiculous games. You should have added a "/s" at the end of your sentence. Sheesh

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Are you being serious?

What were Troy's stats #s during his first 3 and last 3 years compared to the 6 in between when he was surrounded with the most and best talent money could buy?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/53/troy-aikman

Don't get me wrong. Troy did his part during those 6 prime and SB years (especially during the playoffs), but there was a big reason why he struggled his first 3 and last 3 career years.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Are you being serious?

What were Troy's stats #s during his first 3 and last 3 years compared to the 6 in between when he was surrounded with the most and best talent money could buy?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/53/troy-aikman

Don't get me wrong. Troy did his part during those 6 prime and SB years (especially during the playoffs), but there was a big reason why he struggled his first 3 and last 3 career years.

AC you’re proving my point. You believe these 2 players are interchangeable. Anyways, bro this is the only response to you when it comes to Dak moving forward that I’m going to have. I like you, and this subject is a touchy one, and I’d rather preserve my respect and forum friendship with you. Look, I hope he proves us all wrong this year, i personally have my doubts, but I’ll gladly take the L and I told you so’s if it comes to that. Hope you understand my position.

Brax

Reaction score
'I Still Believe In Dak!' Dallas Cowboys Legend Troy Aikman on Prescott

DALLAS - Dak Prescott had the momentum. He had the numbers. Many think he had the roster.
But because of his Dallas Cowboys' playoff loss to the Green Bay Packers, many football fans believe that the organization ought to move on from the pricy QB.
Troy Aikman is not among those skeptics.

Mj-Az-ODU2-MDI0-MTM2-ODUy-OTg3.jpg

“I still believe in Dak,” the Cowboys legend and three-time Super Bowl champion said recently. “I think that until you do it, there's always those criticisms. I know Peyton Manning went through that. His first three years, he didn't win a playoff game, and then you look back on it now and you can't imagine that anyone would question whether or not he could win a playoff game.”

https://athlonsports.com/nfl/dallas...legend-troy-aikman-on-prescott-peyton-manning

:popcorn:
And he said TR was a better QB than he was, he also said Dak was inaccurate and he never would be, he loved that TE Dave LaFluer better than Tony Gonzalez and he wanted him so the Cowboys moved up in the draft to get him, so I guess I’ll pass on Troy’s player evaluation skills

Chasing6

Reaction score

DALLAS - Dak Prescott had the momentum. He had the numbers. Many think he had the roster.
But because of his Dallas Cowboys' playoff loss to the Green Bay Packers, many football fans believe that the organization ought to move on from the pricy QB.

“I still believe in Dak,” the Cowboys legend and three-time Super Bowl champion said recently. “I think that until you do it, there's always those criticisms. I know Peyton Manning went through that. His first three years, he didn't win a playoff game, and then you look back on it now and you can't imagine that anyone would question whether or not he could win a playoff game.”

https://athlonsports.com/nfl/dallas...legend-troy-aikman-on-prescott-peyton-manning

The Hall of Fame quarterback was the Cowboys' first ever draft pick under Jones, and he led the team to its dynastic run through the 1990s. Even as he moved up to the broadcast booth, Aikman has always been very close to the franchise - and has often been critical of Jones' management of "America's Team.

Troy is not afraid to speak his mind.

Some of you claim Troy was a tremendous leader and now because he supports Dak, he is a yes man falling in line.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

What he says in Private is a different scenario.
But keep the Hope alive A/C as its a free country.