Troy Aikman was overrated

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
when everything was clicking in 92,93,94,95 he was a solid game manager. Yes he was a great leader but he was overrated. I watched the 96 divisional game vs Carolina and he blew that game. Threw multiple uneccassary picks and missed bjoroson for a walk inTD on the goal line. He kept forcing deep balls in the 4th quarter and the score was only 23-17. In 2000 vs the Vikings in the wild card game he missed wide open WRs down field. Missed warren twice deep, billy Davis , rocket.

I know he looked good when everything was rolling but he seemed to panic anytime we were behind. He’s probably the 3rd best QB in franchise history. Honestly if Aikman made the hall of fame than Eli deserves it too.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
when everything was clicking in 92,93,94,95 he was a solid game manager. Yes he was a great leader but he was overrated. I watched the 96 divisional game vs Carolina and he blew that game. Threw multiple uneccassary picks and missed bjoroson for a walk inTD on the goal line. He kept forcing deep balls in the 4th quarter and the score was only 23-17. In 2000 vs the Vikings in the wild card game he missed wide open WRs down field. Missed warren twice deep, billy Davis , rocket.

I know he looked good when everything was rolling but he seemed to panic anytime we were behind. He’s probably the 3rd best QB in franchise history. Honestly if Aikman made the hall of fame than Eli deserves it too.
It's only fair to point out that by that time,,,he'd done took some hard hits to his wheelhouse,,, he's said he can't fully recall the events of the last half of game in his last SB.

DFWJC

Reaction score
The hits get to everyone, and certainly did to Aikman.

Few, if any, QBs have ever been on multiple teams so overloaded with talent on both sides of the ball.
You HAVE to win a few Super Bowls with that setup.
And he and the team did
:flagwave:

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I don’t care if he was over rated. I don’t care if Barry Sanders is better than Emmitt Smith. I don’t care if Jerry Rice was better than Michael Irvin.

What I care about is that team was able to rise up agianst the best competition the NFL has to offer and win 3 titles. And no subjective arguements can take that away.

Last edited:

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
OP has started some stupid threads before ......... but this one takes the cake.

If anything ..... Troy was underrated.
Read the original post. 23 TDS (career high) in a season OVERRATED ! 165 TD passes cmon. He got in the hall of fame because 3 Super Bowls. Aikman was only good for 5 seasons. 91-95. He blew the Carolina game, Arizona game. As I said even Garrett , Kosar , Buerdaline looked good with they filled in for Aikman with those early 90s teams.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

He was never overrated to the dozens of NFL defenders who said he was the most accurate QB they ever saw. Troy was so good at placing the ball on a dime, too many never realized how incredibly difficult that is with a pass rush coming at you.

Overrated? No way.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Read the original post. 23 TDS (career high) in a season OVERRATED ! 165 TD passes cmon. He got in the hall of fame because 3 Super Bowls. Aikman was only good for 5 seasons. 91-95. He blew the Carolina game, Arizona game. As I said even Garrett , Kosar , Buerdaline looked good with they filled in for Aikman with those early 90s teams.

Your opinion is stupid.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Not one person in your stupid thread agrees with you .......... only an idiot could not see how great Troy Aikman was
He was good for 5 years. Many credible media sources questioned if Troy deserved the HOF when he got in. 36,000 post 6000 likes lol.

I’m not a cowboy homer, I tell it like it is. His stats are well below hall of fame.