Troy Aikman's criticism of Dak

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I mentioned this elsewhere but felt it was worthy of a bigger discussion.

I've recently lost some respect for Troy.. Someone that, during his time, cemented an abundance of great Cowboys memories in my mind.

Once a Cowboy, always a Cowboy IMHO. Troy could have already gotten off of his butt and helped Dak. Instead, he chooses to sit back and criticize. This is very basic and simple. Troy will always be a Dallas Cowboys. Why couldn't he open the door to working with our young QB to help improve his game? I'm sure there are a number of cues that Troy could give Dak regarding timing, anticipation, etc.

I just feel as though Troy has taken the wrong approach altogether.. Weak sauce.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
3100029-6456367077-46719.jpg

zenmastersauce

Reaction score
Troy should be as fair to anyone when in that booth. It's not a problem because it's just noise outside of what he (Dak) should focus on. Let Troy say his worst. If Dak ends up equalling some of his accomplishments, he will likely sing a different tune.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think you're hurt by the comments way more than Dak ever will be.

Troy is an analyst now - his job is to analyze football and players of football. Nothing Troy has said about Dak isn't blatantly true. And Troy doesn't owe it to Dak, or the Cowboys organization, to "help Dak out".

rags747

Reaction score

I've recently lost some respect for Troy.. Someone that, during his time, cemented an abundance of great Cowboys memories in my mind.

Once a Cowboy, always a Cowboy IMHO. Troy could have already gotten off of his butt and helped Dak. Instead, he chooses to sit back and criticize. This is very basic and simple. Troy will always be a Dallas Cowboys. Why couldn't he open the door to working with our young QB to help improve his game? I'm sure there are a number of cues that Troy could give Dak regarding timing, anticipation, etc.

I just feel as though Troy has taken the wrong approach altogether.. Weak sauce.
How do you know that that has not already occurred? Troy just speaks from a Quarterbacks perspective and says what is pretty much what everyone says regarding Dak. What specifically did Troy say that is so different from the narrative?

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score

I feel the exact same way

Troy criticizes every play even when the receivers drop the ball...... it has become super annoying

Romo hadn't thrown an NFL pass at Dak's age and Troy's first 3 years were very rough

erod

Reaction score
Nobody has supported Dak more than Troy. He defended him over and over and over until he just couldn't anymore.

Dan and his "three horrible quarters before awakening in the fourth" approach must end. The defense can't do this every single game. Eventually, you have to be good the whole game.

Last night was wonderful, but it's still the Achilles of this team. Shutting down Seattle's run game was the key, but that won't always happen (see Indy).

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Perhaps he has helped Dak but I would imagine that would have made it at least to the twittersphere. (&. it hasn't)

Yes. He is overly critical in general and that works for him. It's his award winning schtick. But, at the end of the day, that's his QB too.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I feel the exact same way

Troy criticizes every play even when the receivers drop the ball...... it has become super annoying

Romo hadn't thrown an NFL pass at Dak's age and Troy's first 3 years were very rough
Exactly. Once a Cowboy.. Always a Cowboy. Again.. IMHO

Paradox

Reaction score
Troy criticizes everyone. He criticized Romo for a majority of his career too, and the front office. He also changes his opinion periodically, like all analysts. He has 3 rings and a microphone. He's gonna give you his 2 cents and you're gonna bend over and take it like a man.