Troy Aikmans take is telling

Swanny

Reaction score
Just watched "A Football Life, Troy Aikman"

I find it interesting that after Jimmy left he had to be the heavy with his teammates. There was no accountability on the team anymore. He feels they should have won way more.

He said he didn't leave because of the injuries, it was because of the organization.

In the last few weeks of the season, Troy seemed to be particularly annoyed with the Cowboy organization and expressed an honest opinion on Jerry Jones.

Interesting, considering the **** show we have been watching.
If Troy didn't leave because of head injuries I'm happy that he quit because of JJ. Troy would be brain dead of he continued to play.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Troy's just talking more about it lately because his BFF has been under fire and he wants to deflect some of the blame.

stuckindc

Reaction score
Can’t wait until we get another leader like Troy behind center. We have been trying to get by with scraps.
or with a coach that holds the team accountable so the QB doesn't have to be the lone sheriff...

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I have actually had a chance to hear Troy talk about that very thing. He said he had to be a hard arse on the field after Jimmy left and that took the joy right out of the game for him.

CB61

Reaction score

I find it interesting that after Jimmy left he had to be the heavy with his teammates. There was no accountability on the team anymore. He feels they should have won way more.

He said he didn't leave because of the injuries, it was because of the organization.

In the last few weeks of the season, Troy seemed to be particularly annoyed with the Cowboy organization and expressed an honest opinion on Jerry Jones.

Well honestly I think Troy is fooling himself about the injuries back in those days we didn't have social media but ESPN was around and I saw the reports were Troy wasn't even able to go up and take a snap from Center his back was so bad not to mention the concussions

CB61

Reaction score
Well honestly I think Troy is fooling himself about the injuries back in those days we didn't have social media but ESPN was around and I saw the reports were Troy wasn't even able to go up and take a snap from Center his back was so bad not to mention the concussions
He took a lot of pounding his rookie year probably shortened his career by a few years

catiii

Reaction score
Lol....you missed the whole point because your so tunnel vision hate.

the point is that the head coach should be the true leader and Aikman hated doing it once jimmy left.

Same issue here with Garrett.
Romo was in the same position trying to lead and call plays at the Los to fill the huge void of no HC leadership .. some could make an argument that Dez also tried to fill in for the lack of HC leadership.

cern

Reaction score
He's angry because tony surpassed him as an announcer his very first year. He's a Garrett apologist who is just dissing Jerry. But Jerry won't play.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Bingo. Concussions and the Jerry Circus didn't help, but the back was the nail in the coffin. I remember him mentioning it in his press conference when retiring.

Aikman was too much of a class act to bring up the Jerry stuff in his press conference, but I still think he would have played on if the back hadn't given up.

More than the coaching circus, what frustrates me the most about what Jerry did to winners like Aikman was the poor drafting.

If Aikman had stayed healthy, I imagine he would have enjoyed the same rebirth as Randall Cunningham if we had been smart enough to draft Randy Moss and some other gimmes.

Someone posted here that Aikman was all for Tony Gonzalez but the it was Jerry World that settled on David Lafleur, although Aikman gets blamed for the Lafleur pick. Just those two guys alone - Moss and Gonzo - would have given him some extra life as long as we could protect him.

Oh.....

I always thought that Lafleur was an Aikman pick. Goes to show how clueless this organization is all along.

We should have never passed on those two since it was an automatic gimme.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Truth is:

Troy left football because of head injuries.

After so many years of having to put up with Jerry turned a once simple migraine into a severe concussion.

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
Can an old head confirmed this: was the White House there Before or after jimmy left?

KingRah

Reaction score
Can’t wait until we get another leader like Troy behind center. We have been trying to get by with scraps.
Its the same way at my job. Some people don't understand how to lead or manage men. Unfortunately, the people making the decisions never realize.

zerofill

Reaction score

If we find that player, and he speaks his mind on the sidelines in today's world... The media will say he is a distraction lol.

Tenkamenin

Reaction score

Yup, we really took a nose dive after 1999. When Irvin went down it was over. We didn't recover until Tina came to town.

JBond

Reaction score
Bingo. Concussions and the Jerry Circus didn't help, but the back was the nail in the coffin. I remember him mentioning it in his press conference when retiring.

Aikman was too much of a class act to bring up the Jerry stuff in his press conference, but I still think he would have played on if the back hadn't given up.

More than the coaching circus, what frustrates me the most about what Jerry did to winners like Aikman was the poor drafting.

If Aikman had stayed healthy, I imagine he would have enjoyed the same rebirth as Randall Cunningham if we had been smart enough to draft Randy Moss and some other gimmes.

Someone posted here that Aikman was all for Tony Gonzalez but the it was Jerry World that settled on David Lafleur, although Aikman gets blamed for the Lafleur pick. Just those two guys alone - Moss and Gonzo - would have given him some extra life as long as we could protect him.

He worked out with both. Gonzo went earlier in the draft.

Fmart322

Reaction score
its hilarious to look at Troy on the sideline burning a hole through Jerry who is obviously too uncomfortable to even talk to Troy
If only Troy were blessed with laser vision we wouldn't be in this mess right now.