Video: Troy mans up and shows he has the juevos to admit he was wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

johneric8

Reaction score
I guess I'm smarter than I look, because all it took for me was seeing Dak in preseason his rookie year to know he was going to be great. I have never wavered on that, and hell yeah I'm proud that I filtered through all the manure and formed my own conclusions.... I can't believe how anyone in their right mind couldn't of see that mans intangibles. Sometimes people just pile on the hate brigade and for no other reason than to gloat they we're right if the wheels come off ... The issue here is most of them are continuing to look for negatives so they once again can glance at themselves glowingly in the mirror! Bottom line is sometimes you just have to admit you jumped the gun with your dire predictions and support the man leading our team.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I guess I'm smarter than I look, because all it took for me was seeing Dak in preseason his rookie year to know he was going to be great. I have never wavered on that, and hell yeah I'm proud that I filtered through all the manure and formed my own conclusions.... I can't believe how anyone in their right mind couldn't of see that mans intangibles. Sometimes people just pile on the hate brigade and for no other reason than to gloat they we're right if the wheels come off ... The issue here is most of them are continuing to look for negatives so they once again can glance at themselves glowingly in the mirror! Bottom line is sometimes you just have to admit you jumped the gun with your dire predictions and support the man leading our team.
Are you saying... you look stupid?
Well I'm here to say, according to Liberty Mutual and Joe Namath, that you cannot be refused for more life insurance!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Never considered you as one of those. You’ve always been straight up. Troy never came out and said “I was wrong” and I wish he would be he certainly said it in another way when he said pay the man, he deserves it.
If Troy was previously on the record for saying "don't pay the man", then this video would show he has changed his mind about Dak, but he didn't say how he previously felt about Dak before this season. He just points out Dak's qualities now. I don't see where your comment about Troy having the "juevos" to admit he was wrong, has any accuracy.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don’t think so. Those comments have been overblown. He admitted at the time of making those comments that ‘there are some things you can do with footwork to improve your accuracy’. It’s true that he said that Dak will always be limited in terms of his accuracy, relatively speaking (he was comparing him to guys like Rogers who can put the ball where they want to even when off balance) but the bigger issue for Troy was Dak getting the ball out on time.

These comments are entirely consistent with what he said last year. Dak has improved his footwork (which Troy admitted he could do) and his timing. You guys are reaching.

He also said Dak will will always have issues with his accuracy......but I agree, those comments are overblown, and I don't think he meant them as harshly as some make it out to be. Bradshaw on the other hand......

But from that statement to this recent one stating that Dak is a different guy looks like a bit of a change of heart, otherwise why would he say he a "different guy"?

Cap12

Reaction score
Intangibles are what make the good ones great, but can't make the mediocre ones great. Dak was blessed with a world of talent around him his rookie season, but played inconsistently. I never doubted Dak's intangibles. My only concern was his ability to make acurate throws, his technique, throwing with anticipation (etc.). Up to this point in his career, Dak had not improved much in any of these areas. This season, however, Dak has shown great improvement in all areas. He's not quite there yet, but he's really close to matching his physical talent and intangibles to his technique and approach to the position. When he completes this journey, he might be the best QB in the league.

Last edited:

romonumberone

Reaction score
Dak is the same. The Offensive line with Frederick so far is a LOT better. The WR's from the start of last year to this year are a LOT better. Any Qb that has that much time in the pocket can set his feet and not worry about getting hit & stepping into the throws downfield with multiple WR's wide open on every play.... ANY QB that has made it to the NFL can do that. Watch the plays where dak is pressured even a little.... his footwork goes bad and his accuracy goes with it.

Also keep in mind the Cowboy's are 3-0 because they have played the 3 worst teams in the league with the 3 worst Defenses.... If they were playing a good team last week on the road... they lose.

You guys rip on the QB when he sucks & think he is the greatest when he plays well.... It's a team sport. Put Dak on a real crappy team and see what he does. As long as Dallas can field a great team around him. Dak will play just fine. Next game that Dak plays bad do not over react and say he sucks..... how did the guys around him play?

Valkyr

Reaction score
Troy says a lot of things.

I'd ask him why he threw 12 TDs in 1996.

Wait, he could have thrown 40 TDs, but he sacrificed himself for the offense, I forgot.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
I don't expect receivers to be running free wide open all game the next two weeks.
The average separation of Dallas' receivers probably ranks in the bottom half of the league through 3 games. Certainly no higher than 15th.

Witten ranks 11th among TE, and Cobb ranks 13th among WR.

Our two most-targeted players rank 25th (Cooper), and 64th (Gallup).

Where I do agree with you is that these rankings will probably be even lower as we face better defenses, but the idea that our success so far is based on everybody being wide open is false.

Cap12

Reaction score
Dak is the same. The Offensive line with Frederick so far is a LOT better. The WR's from the start of last year to this year are a LOT better. Any Qb that has that much time in the pocket can set his feet and not worry about getting hit & stepping into the throws downfield with multiple WR's wide open on every play.... ANY QB that has made it to the NFL can do that. Watch the plays where dak is pressured even a little.... his footwork goes bad and his accuracy goes with it.

Also keep in mind the Cowboy's are 3-0 because they have played the 3 worst teams in the league with the 3 worst Defenses.... If they were playing a good team last week on the road... they lose.

You guys rip on the QB when he sucks & think he is the greatest when he plays well.... It's a team sport. Put Dak on a real crappy team and see what he does. As long as Dallas can field a great team around him. Dak will play just fine. Next game that Dak plays bad do not over react and say he sucks..... how did the guys around him play?
I don't see Dak as "the same". For the most part (except on the pick of all plays in the Fins game), the ball is getting out faster and he's catching receivers coming out of their breaks better than he has in the past. Dak seems to have put in a ton of work in the off-season, so much kudos to the guy.

As far as the teams we've played, we don't make the schedule. We've won all three and that is all that matters.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
He also said Dak will will always have issues with his accuracy......but I agree, those comments are overblown, and I don't think he meant them as harshly as some make it out to be. Bradshaw on the other hand......

But from that statement to this recent one stating that Dak is a different guy looks like a bit of a change of heart, otherwise why would he say he a "different guy"?

I think the combination of better footwork and better timing make him a ‘different guy’ in Troy’s view. As he said last year, when you get the ball out on time you can be a little off in your placement because the receivers have time to make adjustments if the ball is on them more quickly. That, combined with better footwork and the improvements in accuracy that affords, mean we’re not seeing the big misses we saw in the past (the ones Bradshaw had in mind).

I agree with all of what Troy said, this year and last. I still see receivers having to make a lot of adjustments to Dak’s passes. He’s not pinpoint the way Aikman was, or the way a guy like Rodgers is. But he’s better. And he doesn’t have to be pinpoint because his improved timing gives his receivers a chance to make those adjustments. It adds up to a ‘different guy’, in my view, than the guy who would occasionally just miss wide open throws last year.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Amen brother.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
The average separation of Dallas' receivers probably ranks in the bottom half of the league through 3 games. Certainly no higher than 15th.

Witten ranks 11th among TE, and Cobb ranks 13th among WR.

Our two most-targeted players rank 25th (Cooper), and 64th (Gallup).

Where I do agree with you is that these rankings will probably be even lower as we face better defenses, but the idea that our success so far is based on everybody being wide open is false.
Sonuvagun...

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Intangibles are what make the good ones great, but can't make the mediocre ones great. Dak was blessed with a world of talent around him his rookie season, but played inconsistently. I never doubted Dak's intangibles. My only concern was his ability to make acurate throws, his technique, throwing with anticipation (etc.). Up to this point in his career, Dak had not improved much in any of these areas. This season, however, Dak has shown great improvement in all areas. He's not quite there yet, but he's really close to matching his physical talent and intangibles to his technique and approach to the position. When he completes this journey, he might be the best QB in the league.
Dak was rookie of the Year. You talking about Goff?

Status
Not open for further replies.