Video: Troy mans up and shows he has the juevos to admit he was wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The average separation of Dallas' receivers probably ranks in the bottom half of the league through 3 games. Certainly no higher than 15th.

Witten ranks 11th among TE, and Cobb ranks 13th among WR.

Our two most-targeted players rank 25th (Cooper), and 64th (Gallup).

Where I do agree with you is that these rankings will probably be even lower as we face better defenses, but the idea that our success so far is based on everybody being wide open is false.

Nobody believes your propaganda, Calculator Kid.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
The average separation of Dallas' receivers probably ranks in the bottom half of the league through 3 games. Certainly no higher than 15th.

Where I do agree with you is that these rankings will probably be even lower as we face better defenses, but the idea that our success so far is based on everybody being wide open is false.

Hard to believe Coop’s ranking won’t improve. Isn’t he typically among the league leaders in average separation?

aikemirv

Reaction score
Dak is the same. The Offensive line with Frederick so far is a LOT better. The WR's from the start of last year to this year are a LOT better. Any Qb that has that much time in the pocket can set his feet and not worry about getting hit & stepping into the throws downfield with multiple WR's wide open on every play.... ANY QB that has made it to the NFL can do that. Watch the plays where dak is pressured even a little.... his footwork goes bad and his accuracy goes with it.

Also keep in mind the Cowboy's are 3-0 because they have played the 3 worst teams in the league with the 3 worst Defenses.... If they were playing a good team last week on the road... they lose.

You guys rip on the QB when he sucks & think he is the greatest when he plays well.... It's a team sport. Put Dak on a real crappy team and see what he does. As long as Dallas can field a great team around him. Dak will play just fine. Next game that Dak plays bad do not over react and say he sucks..... how did the guys around him play?
I think there may be some truth to this. I think we will see in the next 4 weeks. But, I don’t think he could play this well before given the exact same circumstances. I think his command of the offense and his understanding of the Defenses against him is much better.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
Aikman, to my knowledge has always thought Prescott had the goods. Especially with regard to leadership, character, and some of the intangibles.

The only time I’ve heard #8 throw even the smallest hint of shade at Dak was that he didn’t think accuracy was something you got a ton better at, either you had it or you didn’t.

Games I’ve watched Aikman broadcast or interviews such as this one, he’s always been extremely complimentary of Dak.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He didn't really say a word about "you're either accurate, or you're not" and his right, or wrong-ness about that, and he's always been a supporter of Dak, the football player, but you could tell he was kind of going in that direction with the "he's a different player" and "you can tell with his footwork" lines that alluded to it.

Nice find.
Safe to say he is not a pure passer, but he worked on improving his craft. And, I hope he continues the work, as new habits take a while to develop. The odds are in his favor.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Hard to believe Coop’s ranking won’t improve. Isn’t he typically among the league leaders in average separation?
44th last year, 50th the year before, 55th the year before that. His routes are too deep and he gets too much attention from defenses. This is a category that's usually dominated by TE, slot guys and WR2's.

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
Where did Troy say he was wrong? He said Dak is a different guy this year: better footwork; better timing (always had the intangibles).

You want Troy to say he was wrong because that would mean you weren’t. It’s not ok to put words in his mouth to get you there.

Exactly! If someone said "Dak sucks and he'll never be good", they would be wrong. If someone said, prior to this season, that "Dak had real issues with footwork, mechanics, and making quick decisions/getting the ball out", they were right. 2019 Dak has improved by leaps and bounds. He's throwing a much better ball and getting it out more quickly. Better decision-making overall and accuracy/ball placement. Anyone who has watched him throughout his career can see the obvious difference this season. Dak being better this year doesn't make those who saw his previous warts wrong. People are so desperate to be "right" and say "I told you so!" that they often lose all common sense. Dak looks like he is becoming (or maybe has become) the QB ALL real Cowboys fans had hoped he would.

erod

Reaction score

Those "rankings" are ridiculously stupid.

Guys have been catching touchdown passes with 10 yards of cushion around them.

Jarwin was WIDE open. Cooper and Cobb against the Giants were basically uncovered. Cooper last week was again wide open.

The three defenses we've faced have been scorched by every team they've played.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Those "rankings" are ridiculously stupid.

Guys have been catching touchdown passes with 10 yards of cushion around them.

Jarwin was WIDE open. Cooper and Cobb against the Giants were basically uncovered. Cooper last week was again wide open.

The three defenses we've faced have been scorched by every team they've played.
Some stats are just minimally useful - if that. Whether they have separation or not, they are ballin'!

Cap12

Reaction score
Dak was rookie of the Year. You talking about Goff?

That didn't mean that he was a great QB. Many feel that Zeke should have been ORotY in 2016, but expectations were much lower for Dak and he had a terrific rookie year (and he was rewarded because of those lower expectations over Zeke, who everybody expected to be great).

Bottom line was that Dak put up strong numbers in a simplistic system (that primarily featured a running game short passing game) as he was surrounded by exceptional talent on the line and complementary skill players. This was a huge part of his success in 2016. He still was plagued by inconsistent throws, poor fundamentals etc. What Dak did show was his off the charts intangibles that allowed him to make some clutch plays, but to me, 2016 Dak was more about the talent around him than the player himself. To me, since that point, Dak has only been as good as the team around him (I never felt that his talent elevated the teams in 2017 or 2018). Now after watching the first three games of the season, I'm beginning to feel differently.

Any honest observer can see how Dak has not only drastically improved from 2016, but drastically improved from the beginning of last season. His approach this season is much better too. For Dak, something seemed to click for him and he's finally playing the position the right way. Between the hard work and the apparent epihpany, I think Dak is now playing the game at a level that's comparable with some of the elite QBs in the league. At this rate, hopefully he'll be one soon.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Didn’t hear Troy admit he was wrong about anything. He’s always been in support of Dak. He never addressed the comment he made about you’re either accurate or you’re not in a discussion he had about Dak last year.

Proof

Reaction score
Several posters here, and we all know who they are, don’t have the balls to admit when they are wrong. But Troy does

When you’re a very visible member of the media it’s much harder to escape your buffoonery.

Proof

Reaction score
That didn't mean that he was a great QB. Many feel that Zeke should have been ORotY in 2016, but expectations were much lower for Dak and he had a terrific rookie year (and he was rewarded because of those lower expectations over Zeke, who everybody expected to be great).

Bottom line was that Dak put up strong numbers in a simplistic system (that primarily featured a running game short passing game) as he was surrounded by exceptional talent on the line and complementary skill players. This was a huge part of his success in 2016. He still was plagued by inconsistent throws, poor fundamentals etc. What Dak did show was his off the charts intangibles that allowed him to make some clutch plays, but to me, 2016 Dak was more about the talent around him than the player himself. To me, since that point, Dak has only been as good as the team around him (I never felt that his talent elevated the teams in 2017 or 2018). Now after watching the first three games of the season, I'm beginning to feel differently.

Any honest observer can see how Dak has not only drastically improved from 2016, but drastically improved from the beginning of last season. His approach this season is much better too. For Dak, something seemed to click for him and he's finally playing the position the right way. Between the hard work and the apparent epihpany, I think Dak is now playing the game at a level that's comparable with some of the elite QBs in the league. At this rate, hopefully he'll be one soon.

Lol. ROY isn’t awarded for exceeding expectations.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
He didn't come out and say he was wrong, but last year he said accuracy can't be taught, and now he's saying "He's a different guy". So no, he didn't "admit he was wrong", but he did backpedal a bit.
yeah he said it like it cant be learned or taught, so now dak has learned it and oops!
Troy is an idiot in some ways, he was awful when he started , he learned to be better.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Where did Troy say he was wrong? He said Dak is a different guy this year: better footwork; better timing (always had the intangibles).

You want Troy to say he was wrong because that would mean you weren’t. It’s not ok to put words in his mouth to get you there.
This.
Just because Dak is playing lights out this year doesn't mean he wasn't missing open receivers last year or got antsy in the pocket.
People act like there was no basis to the criticism. There was. Aikman and others pointed that out, and they were RIGHT.
But people change. Just because they changed for the better doesn't mean they weren't awful in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.