Troy Williamson 40 time?

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Does anyone have that? I've read from 4.2 to 4.4's.

I know he was a two time Sate High School 100 and 200 champ. I also see where he ran top 15 nationally in the 60 at SC. That means quicks and fast.

He's going to go higher than people think. Just like Evans last draft.

Natedawg44

Reaction score
I read somewhere that he ran a sub 10 second 100 yard dash. Heck Adrian Peterson and Ted Ginn couldn't do that in high school

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Natedawg44 said:
I read somewhere that he ran a sub 10 second 100 yard dash. Heck Adrian Peterson and Ted Ginn couldn't do that in high school

Can we get him in two? With Jones and Witten causing problems. Key and Glenn cause mismatches under and we can put a speed demon like Williamson out there to scare teams vertically?

Woods

Reaction score
Nors said:
Can we get him in two? With Jones and Witten causing problems. Key and Glenn cause mismatches under and we can put a speed demon like Williamson out there to scare teams vertically?

I think he goes in Round 1 or early Round 2. I don't think he'll be around with our pick in the 2nd round.

Natedawg44

Reaction score
I dont think he will be there in 2 with the pub he's been getting. It would be nice to have two of the fastest players in the NFL at their positions with Jones and Williamson on offense. I think I would rather have a bona fide number one WR though. We don't have one on the roster. I think Braylon Edwards or Mike Williams is a safer bet to be a legit number one or Free Agency Pipe dream Jerry Porter.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
He'll go top 20 with the speed he possesses.

Some teams will rank him over Mike Williams, others won't. Its s ize versus speed equation that is determined by system and WRs already in place. I think he's the 3rd WR off the board after Edwards, Williams.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Its always bothersome to me when a WR bases his entire game on straight line speed. Think Alexander Wright. Heck, Quincy Morgan ran a sub 4.4 in private workouts leading into the 2001 Draft.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Natedawg44 said:
Williamson couldn't, either. His PR in high school was 10.35 seconds, which is still very good (sixth in the country in 2002, and ahead of Reggie Bush's 10.42). Williamson never ran outdoor track in college, but his PR in the 60 was 6.77 seconds, which also is good but not quite elite (he would tie Santana Moss for the seventh-fastest 60 among NFL players).

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:
Williamson couldn't, either. His PR in high school was 10.35 seconds, which is still very good (sixth in the country in 2002, and ahead of Reggie Bush's 10.42). Williamson never ran outdoor track in college, but his PR in the 60 was 6.77 seconds, which also is good but not quite elite (he would tie Santana Moss for the seventh-fastest 60 among NFL players).

But this all confirms what I read he'd instantly be one of the 10 fastest players in the NFL.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Nors said:
But this all confirms what I read he'd instantly be one of the 10 fastest players in the NFL.
I don't know if I'd go that far, although he might be close. Quite a few of the fastest guys didn't run track in college (such as Randy Moss, DeAngelo Hall and Donte Stallworth). And Terence Newman, Samie Parker, Michael Bennett, Ahmad Carroll, Andre Davis, Devery Henderson, Jacques Reeves and Sultan McCullough all ran faster times on the track.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:
I don't know if I'd go that far, although he might be close. Quite a few of the fastest guys didn't run track in college (such as Randy Moss, DeAngelo Hall and Donte Stallworth). And Terence Newman, Samie Parker, Michael Bennett, Ahmad Carroll, Andre Davis, Devery Henderson, Jacques Reeves and Sultan McCullough all ran faster times on the track.

Add Bethel Johnson to the list.

3, 4, 5, 6 years of NFL beating and those guys lose a few ticks.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Rush 2112 said:
All those guys aspire to someday be the next Randall Williams.

Ran a 4.04 per the news at the time. A point I totally blew up at the time.

Williamson is more the deal than a kid from New Hampsire that did nothing at that level in College. Fringe Pooler -

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Troy Williamson 40 time?

Who cares? The question you should be asking is "Can he play football?" or "Is he worth a first round pick?".

nathanlt

Reaction score
With blazing speed guys, there has to be a question mark of some kind regarding the rest of their game. Consistent drops or off the field troubles? Is it a big problem or a little problem? The most important thing for a WR is to catch the ball. Intangibles are more valued than a .1 or .2 better 40 time. Of course, look at the speed guys, but CLOSELY look at EVERYTHING when you do. We already have blazing speed in Randall Williams, and that is the perfect example of why you have to look at the whole picture!

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
nathanlt said:
With blazing speed guys, there has to be a question mark of some kind regarding the rest of their game. Consistent drops or off the field troubles? Is it a big problem or a little problem? The most important thing for a WR is to catch the ball. Intangibles are more valued than a .1 or .2 better 40 time. Of course, look at the speed guys, but CLOSELY look at EVERYTHING when you do. We already have blazing speed in Randall Williams, and that is the perfect example of why you have to look at the whole picture!

I agree with what your saying (of course), but I have no doubt Williamson will be better then Randal Williams. RW was/is a project, signed off of the Jags practice squad. So no big deal if he ended up being nothing. But Williamson will be a 1st or 2nd round pick so yeah, we have to make sure he's a good Wide Reciever, not just "better then Williams". Hell, we've got WRs on my semi-pro team that are better then Randal Williams.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Rack said:
Who cares? The question you should be asking is "Can he play football?" or "Is he worth a first round pick?".

and Can he catch the ball?

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I think he's an intriguing second round pick. Look at his career YPC.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Cbz40 said:
and Can he catch the ball?

Of course. Cuz if all we want is a fast guy I'm sure we can get Maurice Green to come put on a Cowboys uniform and run real fast down the field.

I think he's an intriguing second round pick. Look at his career YPC.

I agree. I really liked watching this kid as a sophomore. Didn't get to watch much college football this season. I just hope he's not one dimensional. Can he run routes across the middle? Can he break tackles? Can he block? etc...

If all he is is a skinny, fast guy, then he might as well change his name to Todd Pinkston.

But from the little I have seen of him, I think he'd be a good 2nd round pick. But according to Kiper, he's a top 20 pick (along with 38 other players).

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Nors said:
Add Bethel Johnson to the list.
I haven't seen anything that would merit adding him to the list. He didn't run track (he did the long jump), and his fastest 40 times are 4.27 (hand-held) and 4.37 (electronic at the Combine). That's fast, but not among the fastest in the league.