CFZ True Litmus Test for Dak this season!

CCBoy

Reaction score
So go ahead cut the top ten quarterback with no plan and no real guarantee that you're going to get better by letting him go and you talk about his salary well... I believe $39 million will still be on the dead cap hit..

if you're willing to give up all that to save a little money, that's you're not really saving a whole lot.​
Even if Prescott agreed to a trade with a no trade clause, I believe you still have to eat that money on your cap... so whether you cut him or trade him and he may not even agree to a trade because if you try to cut this guy now he's just going to tell you to go fly a kite. so that way he can go pick the team he goes instead of being trade to it and you're going to have to eat his dead cap money no matter what...​
Then what??? I mean at work what do you think our records going to be this year where do you think we're going to be picking from where do you think we're getting our quarterback from you think Trey Lance is the answer??​
is that what you're trying to infer?​
because if you are I'm going to have to put you on the ignore list.. Don't say our defense and all that other stuff is so great we're like the 85 bears that we can roll with an average quarterback no it's not did you not see the defense in the middle of the season last year give up all those rushing yards, give up those two big blown overtime losses ,and at times all the points that were given up I mean did you not see the fact that we had to score 40 points against the Eagles and Prescott got it done.. The 85 bears gave up like 11points a game and they shut you down at every level there was no weaknesses on that defense.. I'm sorry but our defense and our special teams and all the other things around the team are not gonna cover up the fact that you don't have a top ten quarterback at the helm. I mean do you really believe that our offensive line is dominant enough to have a strong run game also that you need when you have a less than good quarterback like Cooper or Trey Lance or someone you draft??​

Newsflash they are not I don't know what you've been watching that offensive line and the run game are part of the issue in the playoffs, we don't have a strong enough run game or an OL to block consistently against the better front 7s...

Show me your plan Mr. Internet GM expert where are we going to get a quarterback from and take into account there's at least 16 teams still trying to find their quarterbacks but yet you think we can cut ours and easily find his replacement to save some money against the cap??

So what you're saying is you hate winning enough to get into the second round of the playoffs but you rather lose for a few years in hopes with no guarantees that we'll finally get back to a Super Bowl is that what you're saying?? that the windows still open for Prescott and this team and yet you're willing to let him go even if we get to the second round of the playoffs again this year but a failure to get to the NFC championship game???? You do real how hard it is to find a starting quarterback in this league especially one on Prescott 's level.​

And you all keep saying he, he can't get it done, UMM TRY they can't get it done..TEAM

that's the reality Romo and Prescott were not the sole reasons we're not making it to the NFC championship game and that's a fact we would be far worse without both of them it already showed.
lol, there are causes for the penalties to start coming in blocks. Some factors, although, include fatigue, injuries, as well as game by game momentums. They were 12 win teams against professional levels of play. That is merit as well, as to ability bases.

mardwin

Reaction score
Seems like this board has more Dak haters then supporters. Take away the hate for a second, last year's personnel was one of the worse he has ever had:

-Gallup clearly wasn't the same player after his injury and probably shouldn't have had a big role. Tolbert gave the team nothing in his 1st season as a 3rd rd pick. Noah Brown, who has always been more of a special teamer was our #2 WR by default. A passing offense of Lamb, Brown and Shultz isn't going to be successful against any legitimate defense.

-Zeke clearly has held this team back as he isn't the same player at all. Many will say that he has hurt the team more then he has helped it not just last season but a few prior.

-Team lost Tyron for basically the regular season and had to play a green rookie at Tackle who practiced only as a Guard throughout camp. Team had to sign a 40 year Tackle for insurance. Lost their other Tackle Steele late in the season, who was the team's best run blocker. Once he went down, our run game disappeared.

-Dak was basically forced into many 3rd and longs facing teams who put extra men in coverage. Take out Lamb and let Brown or Shultz beat them. That isn't a winning formula. Yes, Dak had a career year in interceptions, where he had to force many passes into tight windows.

This year, team added a legitimate #2 WR in Cooks who has the blow off the top speed. He should open up the offense for others. Tolbert appears to have made the next step in his development, Gallup looks better, players like Vaughn/Turpin will add more juice to the offense that was lacking any playmakers outside of Lamb/Pollard.

Dak hater or not, this is the year we can get an actual true litmus test on Dak as the QB.
You are ignoring the fact that his back up QB when 4-1 with the same supporting cast? Dak has played with prime Ceedee, Cooper, Gallup, Schultz and Zeke and a good line and still underperforms.

mardwin

Reaction score
His MO is related to a person who plays worse when the pressure is ratcheted up. There isn't a single game on his resume which shows otherwise.
This^^^. Dak is not the QB that elevates his game when necessary or makes anyone better around him. The moment he lacks two #1 receivers in the line up everyone cries that there's no talent around him.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Daks gotta post June 2024 cut hanging over him.

And a kid wonder QB just ready to prove to the world he’s ready.

And a GM who didn’t get a Return on Investment from Dak.

CCBoy

Reaction score
You’re entitled to your opinion.
That wasn't terms of endearment to this fan...I'd tell him to quit jumping around in front of the TV.:muttley:

To quote Mike McCarthy...he wants to run the damn ball.:thumbup:

blueblood70

Reaction score
People forget this is a symbiotic relationship between the QB, offensive line, and the running game. Also, a good defense can get involved too in why things don't work.

If one of the controlled variables is lacking, that can affect the others. The only real assessment to see what is(are) the issue(s) is to wholistic analyze the quality of the talent, the plays called, mistakes made, etc.

It's not as simple as generally saying that the offensive line and run game suck or sucked. It could also be because teams don't respect the QB as much. It's just a fact that defenses will respect someone like Maholmes or Herbert more than Dak, just like they will respect Dak more than Rush, etc.
That's not it at all!!

not even close,​
I didn't say they suck but they have not been good at all and what do you mean don't respect the quarterback?? if they don't respect the quarterback then why don't they blitz more instead of playing Max coverage on the back end that is why I know they don't respect the run game or the offensive line because they don't have to use as many men to get to the quarterback or to clog up the holes...​
that has been the issue, 75% of those lat 3 losses on the Line, there is no guessing... go back and watch all three games and you're going to see that there were no holes, there was no run game, and they played back in coverage to dirty up the entire routes that were being called which also come into question... That is a well-known fact around here if you don't understand you don't watch the games literally the best defenses you can play would be the Rams and 49ers in the playoffs those three games they could not run the ball for spit, they could not block for as long and they played coverages that made it hard to throw the football on time by having more people out in coverage and blitzing less because they didn't need the blitz to stand up OL.. I'm stating facts from watching the games that's why when I say he has had no run game which you need run support to not be one-dimensional and the holes are not being open and somehow you forget about the 14 penalties in that game 11 by our offensive line in 2021!??​
I mean did you forget that you don't think that had an effect on the game, that that's not poor offensive line play, no they sucked that game if you play 1 dimensional football it makes it tough for the quarterback to play..​
Correct! it is symbiotic it is starts in the trenches any football person would know that and the fact that you're not bringing that up and you think it's the quarterback first and then goes the other direction, no it starts up front, that's what makes the run game in the pass game go, is how your offensive line plays and yes the play caller also comes into question the scheme for the offensive line and the game plan.​
So yes we've been out coached and outplayed in the trenches on both sides of the ball since Prescott's been the quarterback first it was 2016 they couldn't stop Aaron Rodgers Prescott played great what do you talk about no respect yeah one of the best rookie years by a quarterback especially a fourth rounder with no expectations, then and 2018 and the Rams game the defense gave up 278 yards on the ground and again where was the run game and where was the time to throw the football and who was getting separation?? yup Trench issues..

Now 2021-14 penalties, again no run game, and the offensive line at 11 penalties alone you don't think that that's the reason we couldn't establish a ground game or pass game playing behind the chains?? I mean any football person would understand why we lost that game.​

Now back to last year the two interceptions were bad but Michael Gallup 's route on #1 interception was the wrong read, he was supposed to come back to the sideline he took it up field ball was already released, defender saw it, kinda hard to defend easily cut underneath Michael Gallup Michael Gallup doesn't even make an effort to go get the football!! that's why it got picked off happened all year long happened in the playoffs, not a surprise.. Now go look at the run game three yards per carry in the first half with Pollard which isn't taking home any awards and then he goes out two yards per carry in the second-half 16 total run calls play that's it??hmmm sure qb isuses,

This is why Kellen Moore is gone he book ended game one and final game of the season with terrible game plans and terrible calls in the game..

If you need any help privately I can help teach you about football,

you're right it is symbiotic they all do work together but it starts in the trenches and we have not won the trenches in a very long time both sides of the ball don't give me the nonsense about how great our pass rush is when it's the actual rush defense and some of the coverages or the defense didn't even make the plays on the back end Trayvon Diggs had the opportunity to make this defense great get that interception blow up kittles and we might win that game... then I didn't Tony Pollard gets hurt he wasn't even doing that great but people think that he that lasted the whole game we might have had a better chance maybe that is but here you go with just looking at the quarterback, that's your problem..

Rant over..NEXT

blueblood70

Reaction score
lol, there are causes for the penalties to start coming in blocks. Some factors, although, include fatigue, injuries, as well as game by game momentums. They were 12 win teams against professional levels of play. That is merit as well, as to ability bases.
Yes I totally agree that's why we were really strong in the middle of the season with the run game especially during that run with Cooper rush we also blocked better at points in the year once Terrence Steele went out once the left guard became a rotating position and we were moving that line all around at one point Tyler be honest got hurt then comes the last game of the year and you saw it coming the offensive line got their butts whooped from Washington and then again when you see the great defensive line in the front seven of the 49ers they were injured tired rotated out of sync and that blows up an entire offense and people keep blaming the quarterback there was just no run game and they didn't block long enough which made the quarterback need to throw the ball too soon especially for Kellen Moores route trees which we already know he's gone because of a lot of that issue run game scheming and route trees..

So I'm not saying the individuals on our team on offense and defensive line were sucking I'm just saying at that point when you're up against the best defense in the league with some of the best coaching if you don't bring your a game you lose by a score.. I was just trying to make it more simplistic for people to stop blaming Prescott there are reasons he can't do this on his own..

GINeric

Reaction score
...and as I asked already, why do certain members-only post after a Dallas win but disappear after a Dallas loss? I'll wait....

I see you have the skills of some of those fans I speak of. You guys are great at avoiding questions.

Instead of asking a question when previously asked a question..... try answering the question that your were initially asked first, then maybe you'll get YOUR question answered.

Let's try this again....

Why do fans who claim to be "Cowboys fans" disappear all week after wins, but immediately post after the loss and the rest of that week??

Why do these same "Cowboys fans" fail to give credit to the quarterback when he plays well, yet post all week with insults when he doesn't play well?

Why do these "Cowboys fans" appear to be down after our wins, when they finally return to post?

So are you going to answer these questions that I mentioned the first time, or are you going to put on your coward cape and take flight once again....

plasticman

Reaction score
Interesting seeing as how the NFL passer rating did not take effect until 1973.
"Did not take effect".....What does that mean?

Okay.....in 1973 they discovered that Roger Staubach led the NFL in passer rating with a 104.8 score in 1971. It was the first of four times he was #1 in passer rating for a season. He was also #1 in 1973, 1978, and 1979.

Emeritus

Reaction score
"Did not take effect".....What does that mean?

Okay.....in 1973 they discovered that Roger Staubach led the NFL in passer rating with a 104.8 score in 1971. It was the first of four times he was #1 in passer rating for a season. He was also #1 in 1973, 1978, and 1979.
I'm not taking sides, but that's a great point. It's possible to retroactively apply a given measure to preexisting data. For example, here's Sid Luckman's passer ratings: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/L/LuckSi00.htm#all_passing. Luckman played in the 1940's.

Steve007

Reaction score
Seems like this board has more Dak haters then supporters. Take away the hate for a second, last year's personnel was one of the worse he has ever had:

-Gallup clearly wasn't the same player after his injury and probably shouldn't have had a big role. Tolbert gave the team nothing in his 1st season as a 3rd rd pick. Noah Brown, who has always been more of a special teamer was our #2 WR by default. A passing offense of Lamb, Brown and Shultz isn't going to be successful against any legitimate defense.

-Zeke clearly has held this team back as he isn't the same player at all. Many will say that he has hurt the team more then he has helped it not just last season but a few prior.

-Team lost Tyron for basically the regular season and had to play a green rookie at Tackle who practiced only as a Guard throughout camp. Team had to sign a 40 year Tackle for insurance. Lost their other Tackle Steele late in the season, who was the team's best run blocker. Once he went down, our run game disappeared.

-Dak was basically forced into many 3rd and longs facing teams who put extra men in coverage. Take out Lamb and let Brown or Shultz beat them. That isn't a winning formula. Yes, Dak had a career year in interceptions, where he had to force many passes into tight windows.

This year, team added a legitimate #2 WR in Cooks who has the blow off the top speed. He should open up the offense for others. Tolbert appears to have made the next step in his development, Gallup looks better, players like Vaughn/Turpin will add more juice to the offense that was lacking any playmakers outside of Lamb/Pollard.

Dak hater or not, this is the year we can get an actual true litmus test on Dak as the QB.
If someone thinks Dak is overrated and can't lead the Cowboys to a Superbowl it doesn't mean they are Dak haters.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score

I'll tell you 2 people who do miss Dak today - Dalton Schultz and Noah Brown. Rookie QB blues. Receiving numbers today that are so low, I thought they played defense.

blueblood70

Reaction score
So how about all those other quarterbacks in the first part of these early game ones???

you call this a litmus test and yet I seen a whole lot of big names with a whole lot of giant paydays play like very average players... But why does everything have to be a test for our quarterback but yet all these other dudes have bad games all , these other dudes failed their test..

I saw Patrick mahomes didn't have a bad game but I saw four passes at minimum, really six of them that were not thrown on target, a couple of them were dropped and blamed on the receiver..

yes the pick six was on the receiver but there were a bunch of other ones that IF Dak threw them, they'd be all over it the media be saying look how inaccurate he is he threw a ton of inaccurate passes

I mean that one Toney had almost do a full 360 to flip around and get it and he dropped it now everybody's on his butt. hmm double standards

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You are ignoring the fact that his back up QB when 4-1 with the same supporting cast? Dak has played with prime Ceedee, Cooper, Gallup, Schultz and Zeke and a good line and still underperforms.
but we have seen him go on a tear...even though he got hurt and team finished 6-10?