Trying not to overreact, but here's the next Cowboys HC

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Klint Kubiak.

I’ve had a large enough sample size of the Prescott/McCarthy combo to know it’s never going to work. McCarthy’s WCO is outdated and not a good fit for Prescott, and we’re committed to Dak for the next 3-4 years whether we like it or not. Is Dak a part of the problem? Absolutely, but he’s going to be here.

We need a young, innovative offensive mind from the Shanahan tree to come in and run this offense. The running scheme needs to be completely rewired and the coach needs to get the best out of Prescott.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Klint Kubiak.

I’ve had a large enough sample size of the Prescott/McCarthy combo to know it’s never going to work. McCarthy’s WCO is outdated and not a good fit for Prescott, and we’re committed to Dak for the next 3-4 years whether we like it or not. Is Dak a part of the problem? Absolutely, but he’s going to be here.

We need a young, innovative offensive mind from the Shanahan tree to come in and run this offense. The running scheme needs to be completely rewired and the coach needs to get the best out of Prescott.
people are now enamoured with shanahan tree, because we got arse whooped. in the meantime shanahan just lost a game to undermanned Vikings.

put kamara on this team and you will see a different team. put zeke on the saints and they won't look as good. the personnel matter.

John813

Reaction score
Saints would probably fire their HC over letting him leave if the offense plays like it has for the season, or for most of it.

I still think it's Bill B. He's desperate, he's a name, and it would irk Kraft if Bill has success here.

Aven8

Reaction score
How did dak go from MVP candidate coming off maybe the best season of his career to not a fit for McCarthys scheme all in 1 game
Would love to have Klint. But you’re correct. I really don’t see it going well this season however as the skill position players just aren’t any good. Unless Flornoy or Vaughn become stars out of nowhere I just don’t see us having the dogs for the fight.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Would love to have Klint. But you’re correct. I really don’t see it going well this season however as the skill position players just aren’t any good. Unless Flornoy or Vaughn become stars out of nowhere I just don’t see us having the dogs for the fight.
I agree and wouldn’t be mad with a coaching change if things stay the same but we are fooling ourselves if we think a scheme change is an easy fix for this teams issues. We are simply too reliant on young guys developing at too many positions.

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak can’t throw against zone defenses.

He also lost 31-6 to the Bills last year and put up a whopping 20 points against a horrible mistake-prone Staley zone defense, one TD being a like over 20 plus yard run on like a 4th and short if I remember correctly.

Plus, I thought the Texas West Coast was it!

phildadon86

Reaction score
Klint Kubiak.

Honestly if I am looking for a young up and comer.

Ben Johnson from Detroit.

Kubiak is also a great idea.

Aven8

Reaction score
I agree and wouldn’t be mad with a coaching change if things stay the same but we are fooling ourselves if we think a scheme change is an easy fix for this teams issues. We are simply too reliant on young guys developing at too many positions.
And the sad part they will blame it on the mega contracts and not being able to afford anyone else…..I’m still not even sure Tolbert is on par with Noah Brown. Cooks disappears, and Brooks is JAG. It’s going to be a rough season to watch at least offensively.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Would love to get a guy like Kubiak.

But Jerry will never do it.

Kubiak is way too young.
That’s actually a logical choice for an organization in need of some new blood. But Jerry will never hire an up and coming HC that could potentially steal some of his spotlight or credit. He hires coaches based on who makes him comfortable and allows him to meddle. His comfort is way more important than winning.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
people are now enamoured with shanahan tree, because we got arse whooped. in the meantime shanahan just lost a game to undermanned Vikings.

put kamara on this team and you will see a different team. put zeke on the saints and they won't look as good. the personnel matter.
Our run game failures are more than just rb. A person as accomplished as you should be able to see that.

I'm not saying zeke is ace so halt right there. There's blocking, scheme and cohesive unit issues too.