Trying not to overreact, but here's the next Cowboys HC

pitt33

Reaction score
I'm not for or against this. I'm just telling you who I think will be our next head coach. He will be our next head coach.
I think you may be right.

My last memory of Bill was his team without Brady.

khiladi

Reaction score
There is a reason why Bill Bellichek is praising Dak and Lamb..

But he will end up with the Giants…. If he wins there as a HC, it will cement his legacy in a way that he’ll be untouchable forever as the GOAT HC.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Klint Kubiak.

I’ve had a large enough sample size of the Prescott/McCarthy combo to know it’s never going to work. McCarthy’s WCO is outdated and not a good fit for Prescott, and we’re committed to Dak for the next 3-4 years whether we like it or not. Is Dak a part of the problem? Absolutely, but he’s going to be here.

We need a young, innovative offensive mind from the Shanahan tree to come in and run this offense. The running scheme needs to be completely rewired and the coach needs to get the best out of Prescott.
It’s very unlikely any up and coming coaches would want to come here unless no one else is calling.

All our dysfunctional ownership usually attracts is retired retreads or puppets.

khiladi

Reaction score

His last year with Brady wasn’t good either. Brady wasn’t going to win there either.

They had no WRs and people also forget his OL coach of plus 20 years Dante Scarnecchia his right hand man Ernie Adam’s retired as well.

Flamma

Reaction score

Every coach needs a QB. You think Brady wins 6 SBs without Bill? Rodgers won 1. Coach matters. Give Bill an elite QB, he's winning.

khiladi

Reaction score
The real problem is they gave Dak the contract on McCarthy’s last year here. They had ZERO need to, as Dak was playing for a contract and so was MM. If he sucked it up, Jerry could let both go and bring in a new HC to pick his own QB.

But Jerry was being Jerry…. Not sure what happened in the background, but something obviously did..

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can we get through this season first?

No, no we can't, let us have melt downs for the next 4 months first.

pitt33

Reaction score
That’s actually a logical choice for an organization in need of some new blood. But Jerry will never hire an up and coming HC that could potentially steal some of his spotlight or credit. He hires coaches based on who makes him comfortable and allows him to meddle. His comfort is way more important than winning.
Jerry’s legacy is getting more tarnished with every passing year.

And it’s not that Jerry doesn’t want to win. He just wants to do it his way. This has been a three decade and counting quest for this man. And he’ll do it his way right up until the day he dies.

I know everyone on this board has come to terms with this.

And quite frankly it blows.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
How did dak go from MVP candidate coming off maybe the best season of his career to not a fit for McCarthys scheme all in 1 game
Strength of schedule and level of competition. You can stat pad and hide deficiencies within the scheme against inferior opponents and coaching staffs. What happens when you play upper tier teams in the regular season and playoffs? I think we've seen enough to know what happens.

TheSport78

Reaction score
people are now enamoured with shanahan tree, because we got arse whooped. in the meantime shanahan just lost a game to undermanned Vikings.

put kamara on this team and you will see a different team. put zeke on the saints and they won't look as good. the personnel matter.
Against a coach from Sean McVay's tree. There's nothing wrong with saying both trees are highly respectable and effective. The Niners didn't have CMC and Deebo got banged up in the game too.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Mike was a poor hire. However, he was a huge upgrade over JG. So maybe this next guy will be better.

pitt33

Reaction score
Every coach needs a QB. You think Brady wins 6 SBs without Bill? Rodgers won 1. Coach matters. Give Bill an elite QB, he's winning.
Well, I think you give most coaches an elite quarterback they’ll have a good shot of going really far.

Bill is an excellent defensive coach. Couple that with Brady and you get the results they did.

TheSport78

Reaction score
Can we get through this season first?

No, no we can't, let us have melt downs for the next 4 months first.
We can get through the season while talking about it. How is it a meltdown? The majority of posters wanted McCarthy canned after GB in the playoffs, so it's pretty safe to say he's gone after this year.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Klint Kubiak.

I’ve had a large enough sample size of the Prescott/McCarthy combo to know it’s never going to work. McCarthy’s WCO is outdated and not a good fit for Prescott, and we’re committed to Dak for the next 3-4 years whether we like it or not. Is Dak a part of the problem? Absolutely, but he’s going to be here.

We need a young, innovative offensive mind from the Shanahan tree to come in and run this offense. The running scheme needs to be completely rewired and the coach needs to get the best out of Prescott.
Yep, we need to get in on the Shanahan tree.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Klint Kubiak.

yup and he comes here, and we DON'T play as well as teams play against us in those offenses for some reason!!!!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Getting someone from the Shanahan tree is a popular thought.

I'd prefer a HC that isn't a retread. Young and innovative type please!

Kubiak fits the bill and there is no doubt he will be a HC some day in this league.
sounds good

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
How did dak go from MVP candidate coming off maybe the best season of his career to not a fit for McCarthys scheme all in 1 game
system was bad before the MVP, it REALLY shows how bad it is unfortunately when we lose!