Video: Trystan Hill: Good Tape

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys went out of their way to make him inactive most of season. Garrett/Marinelli were both big on practicing well to earn playing time. If you put that together you can infer he was not practicing well. From what we heard about him in college he can get down on himself fast if things don't go well at start. People who followed him in college warned about how important it was for him to start strong or he would loose confidence/sulk if things were not going well. I think you have to give him atleast 1 year of that type of immaturity. If he exhibits same attributes in year two it will be his final year in Dallas.
If it was that he wasn't practicing well, maybe that wasn't an attitude problem, but rather that he just had a lot to learn, or the confidence issue. Of course, it could have been attitude as well. I just don't feel right about making that judgement without something more to go on than we have.

chicago JK

Reaction score
Hill will need to earn his spot this year. He wasn’t one of the best 53 last year but made the team because he was our highest draft pick. It appears his attitude wasn’t very good either.

This will be a big training camp for him. The cowboys should move on if he doesn’t improve greatly. Even if a guy has good physical traits you can’t keep a guy around when other players are more productive

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Cowboys went out of their way to make him inactive most of season. Garrett/Marinelli were both big on practicing well to earn playing time. If you put that together you can infer he was not practicing well. From what we heard about him in college he can get down on himself fast if things don't go well at start. People who followed him in college warned about how important it was for him to start strong or he would loose confidence/sulk if things were not going well. I think you have to give him atleast 1 year of that type of immaturity. If he exhibits same attributes in year two it will be his final year in Dallas.

From what I’ve read and heard Hull had a real problem being a professional. He was chronically showing up to positional meetings, et cetera.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hill will need to earn his spot this year. He wasn’t one of the best 53 last year
Considering how bad Brett Maher was, that's saying something!!!

For the record, he did have some good plays. He had some bad one also. But he wasn't complete trash like he is often portrayed.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
Voch did a tape on him last year and it changed my mind on him. I actually think Hill is going to be a good player. When he finally did get to play, he stood his ground, never got blown back, and made plays. Just because a player doesn't get enough playing time doesn't mean he is not good. Far too many examples of this under Garrett.

I think Hill is going to be a solid DL for us.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Hill is gonna take off now! Just watch. Ole Rod M.is finally gone. And about time:hammer: