Trysten Hill is not a bust

waldoputty

Reaction score
The only one being emotionally duressed and unable to be rational is... (look in the mirror).

Btw, if you watched the game, Hill played most of his snaps during the 2nd half, which would have been against 2nd and mostly 3rd stringers, the same ones Walker played against. That kills your intent to make Hill seem as if he played most of his snaps against 1st or 2nd stringers. If he's tired after playing 3x the amount of snaps that Walker played, Hill obviously is not in any shape capable of playing so many snaps, especially since he could not even accrue 1 single tackle. Very bad. Nice way to use a costly 2nd round pick, eh? Let's wait 3+ years to see if he grows into fruition, huh? Not a smart way to use those costly 1st and 2nd round picks on longterm projects.

i am only repeating what others have said here on the thread and the other thread. what they said was hill played against 1st teamers, 2nd teamers and 3rd teamers. i was looking for #79 during the game. and i did not see anything of note. i did not count snaps like some did. that is why i asked you the question.

it is well known that dl rookies cannot handle a lot of snaps. that is not shocking.

the team has done amazingly with the draft, and the results show for itself with one of the youngest teams and it made the playoffs.

i do hope walker is better than hill. that would be great. odds are against walker though given the stats for 7th rounders becoming a starter, and he was not even a 7th rounder.

you do understand how to interpret simple statistics, right?
given what the stats say, the chance is ~3% for walker to work out or could be worse.
7th Round - DB (11%) OL (9%) QB (6%) WR (5%) DL (3%) LB (2%) RB (0%) TE (0%)

but i really am rooting for walker to be great since we have the rights for him.
though it seems that you are looking for any possible reason to hope that hill fails.
keep hoping hill fails so that you can claim you are correct.
i dont really understand why people do that, especially one with any type of self-esteem...
but then there were plenty of idiots who were killing jaylon during those 2 years.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Still very early to consider him a bust.....
I'm curious my cowboy brother, when did you first call Prescott a bust. I thought he was a winner the first preseason game against Seattle

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
i am only repeating what others have said here on the thread and the other thread. what they said was hill played against 1st teamers, 2nd teamers and 3rd teamers. i was looking for #79 during the game. and i did not see anything of note. i did not count snaps like some did. that is why i asked you the question.

it is well known that dl rookies cannot handle a lot of snaps. that is not shocking.

the team has done amazingly with the draft, and the results show for itself with one of the youngest teams and it made the playoffs.

i do hope walker is better than hill. that would be great. odds are against walker though given the stats for 7th rounders becoming a starter, and he was not even a 7th rounder.

you do understand how to interpret simple statistics, right?
given what the stats say, the chance is ~3% for walker to work out or could be worse.
7th Round - DB (11%) OL (9%) QB (6%) WR (5%) DL (3%) LB (2%) RB (0%) TE (0%)

but i really am rooting for walker to be great since we have the rights for him.
though it seems that you are looking for any possible reason to hope that hill fails.
keep hoping hill fails so that you can claim you are correct.
i dont really understand why people do that, especially one with any type of self-esteem...
but then there were plenty of idiots who were killing jaylon during those 2 years.
Once again, more heresay, made-up and defamatory accusations in order to deflect and protect the obvious. Hmm, sounds like...

waldoputty

Reaction score
Once again, more heresay, made-up and defamatory accusations in order to deflect and protect the obvious. Hmm, sounds like...

others have said he played against 1st team, 2nd team and 3rd team.
it is in the threads

keep wishing for hill to fail so you are right
i do hope u r right that walker is better than hill
take a look at the stats of the draft successes and u will learn how successful the team has been, including the 2nd round.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm curious my cowboy brother, when did you first call Prescott a bust. I thought he was a winner the first preseason game against Seattle

They we're after me since his second season 2017 after the opening game vs the Giants.
Just started to question this young man's talent base in the old Cowboy forum and the only thing they didn't insult I guess was my Dog back then.
And Mod Ksk kept booting me as he's a crazed out Dak fan.

Am I Happy that my logic has found justification NO as first and foremost I am a Cowboys fan.
Dak simply doesn't have what it takes to start in the NFL.
Go Boys!

Johnny23

Reaction score
Why did other team waste top 10 picks on DLinemen if they could just draft instant starters with late 2nd round picks?

I'm not certain if people just don't have the intellectual ability to use logic OR if emotion turns off people's ability to use logic.

We take Quinnen Williams or Ed Oliver and Maliek is fighting for his football life with the other back ups we signed in free agency. Your 1-3 round picks are guys who can start games for you. 4-7 is projects and back ups.

I am using logic. Unless the plan is to let Maliek walk in the off season it's a stupid pick typical of Cowboys football.

Johnny23

Reaction score
I never thought he was a bust, just not needed for the reason you mentioned. How many people thought he would start? Either S Thornhill or D.K. Metcalf when he fell to us. We needed the S more, but I still would have liked to see Metcalf get picked. I think either one would have started.
I don't think he's a bust just not the right pick.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
They we're after me since his second season 2017 after the opening game vs the Giants.
Just started to question this young man's talent base in the old Cowboy forum and the only thing they didn't insult I guess was my Dog back then.

Am I Happy that my logic has found justification NO as first and foremost I am a Cowboys fan.
Go Boys!
Ooooh, I think I know who you were on the old boards @PAPPYDOG !!!!!

Aren't you the poster on the old boards who used to say that Saints RB Mark Ingram was the best or something to that effect??? :lmao:

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Go Boys!
I'm from the old Cowboys fan forum do you remember starhart . cern . perk . He was a moderator thought he knew everything

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm from the old Cowboys fan forum do you remember starhart . cern . perk . He was a moderator thought he knew everything

Rings a bell for sure. Nice forum there but some Mods just let there personal feelings cloud their judgement and did not adhere to a must neutral stance. Some also abused there power and trying to direct the forum according to there likes and dislikes of a members post.
Here so far this is not a issue which is one of many reasons this forum is a winner!

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Rings a bell for sure. Nice forum there but some Mods just let there personal feelings cloud their judgement and did not adhere to a must neutral stance. Some also abused there power and trying to direct the forum according to there likes and dislikes of a members post.
Here so far this is not a issue which is one of many reasons this forum is a winner!
I used to have the Bob Lilly Avatar with a torn Jersey I can't find the poster anywhere to get it back

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
At least I know you gave Prescott time before you totally choose to dislike him. It speaks for itself. Go Cowboys

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At least I know you gave Prescott time before you totally choose to dislike him. It speaks for itself. Go Cowboys

Don't dislike him actually as he wears the Star I would fight anyone in any Bar that has ill words towards him!
I just think he is talented enough to start in the NFL and esp America's Team and is the primary reason we will not win another SB while he's under center'
It's not Personal its just business.......:)

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Don't dislike him actually as he wears the Star I would fight anyone in any Bar that has ill words towards him!
I just think he is talented enough to start in the NFL and esp America's Team and is the primary reason we will not win another SB while he's under center'
This is the season where I'll be totally critical good or bad. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt that it was on the job training now it's about confidence trusting what you learned about defenses. If you can do that great if not I'm done also. But this is the season . I love he chose not to take a pay raise. Shows confidence betting on himself

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We take Quinnen Williams or Ed Oliver and Maliek is fighting for his football life with the other back ups we signed in free agency. Your 1-3 round picks are guys who can start games for you. 4-7 is projects and back ups.

I am using logic. Unless the plan is to let Maliek walk in the off season it's a stupid pick typical of Cowboys football.
I don't know how that relates to my post.

If late 2nd round picks were instant starters then why are top 10 picks a premium commodity?

The answer is because late 2nd round picks all have some blemishes. They have at least 1 of the following:
Lack of Elite Measurables.
Lack of Developed Football Skills.
Drug/Criminal issues.

For Trysten it was lack of developed football skills.

Your choice in the 2nd round:
Player A
Slightly better than Tyrone Crawford from day 1 but is still only slightly better than Crawford in 2 years.

Player B
Not ready to contribute much as a rookie but is as good as Fletcher Cox by next season.

Player C
He is Aaron Donald on steroids from day 1 but his drug problems make Randy Gregory's drug issues seem minimal in comparison. He comes to training camp and they can't even practice because he sacks the QB on every snap. He is then suspended and never plays a down of football in the NFL.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
The Rams are resting practically all of their starters.

And their OL was not exactly a strength.

So if Hill registers a zero-point-zero on the stat sheet again after the game in Hawaii, is there cause for concern?

Because that is basically where we are at. The concern stage.

The stage where homers can defend against the "haters" calling the player a "bust" are a little ways away.

kskboys

Reaction score

Go Boys!

Funny thing is that I was told over and over that I was a fair mod. One unhappy poster and many many happy ones. Hmmmmmmm.....

kskboys

Reaction score
Nice forum, but some members insisted on trying to make everyone miserable by being childish and refusing to follow the rules the agreed to when they entered.

Yaknow, PAPS, don't you think it's time to let this go? How many years ago was that, and you're still complaining? That's pretty sad, dude.