Video: Trysten Hill: Taking Advantage of This Opportunity

tunahelper

Reaction score
Cant stand the guy. Seems like an annoyed, angry, disassociated punk that doesn't care.

My god the more you watch the video its no wonder no one likes him. What a monster downgrade in leadership and talent going from McCoy to this punk.

He is hard to read, but hopefully he gets his act together.

UncleOscar

Reaction score
Cant stand the guy. Seems like an annoyed, angry, disassociated punk that doesn't care.

My god the more you watch the video its no wonder no one likes him. What a monster downgrade in leadership and talent going from McCoy to this punk.
Dang dude, lighten up. I didn't see or hear any of which you mentioned. I saw a kid who is not real comfortable sitting in front of a bunch of reporters and photographers answering questions. I didn't like us drafting him either, over Thornhill. But like it or not, he's a Dallas Cowboy and I hope he really shines. By all accounts, he's having a good camp.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Dang dude, lighten up. I didn't see or hear any of which you mentioned. I saw a kid who is not real comfortable sitting in front of a bunch of reporters and photographers answering questions. I didn't like us drafting him either, over Thornhill. But like it or not, he's a Dallas Cowboy and I hope he really shines. By all accounts, he's having a good camp.

Exactly, Hill is still 22 and still learning to give the "Bull Durham" media answers of "Shucks, we have to play as a team and work hard and the Good Lord will help us work toward our goals".

If Hill was loud and outspoken, half the fans here would call him a punk and say he should be cut. If he is quiet, he has to be unmotivated. If he is loud, he is a head case.

If he plays well this year everyone will forget about it, like they did when they wanted to cut DLaw after his second season.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Not everyone has the gift of gab.. compare romo's first year in the booth to jason witten's. Hope hill has a breakout year.

Marshawn Lynch rarely talked to the media and at his Super Bowl presser, didn't say much more than the fact he was only there so he wouldn't get fined for missing it. He had a 100 yards rushing against the Patriots in that SB.

fivetwos

Reaction score
He needs the right coach to get through to him.

Simple as that. Is that coach here? Dont know.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Maybe you don't see so well? Its easy to see. Guy has a history of not being liked and its not hard to see why.

Not about hope. He is what he is. You can see first hand the attitude problem right off.

His physical problem his rookie year was his upper body strength. Has he addressed that issue? We shall see.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Marshawn Lynch rarely talked to the media and at his Super Bowl presser, didn't say much more than the fact he was only there so he wouldn't get fined for missing it. He had a 100 yards rushing against the Patriots in that SB.
I remember that presser where Marshawn just repeated the same single sentence for every question.
Lol.

BackInTown

Reaction score
Yes, I was getting excited about him, but this video is concerning. He couldn’t suppress a grin when the reporter asked about McCoy getting injured. Then the question: “what did you work on in the off-season to get better?” The answer: for two months I focused on eating right and tried to work out but the pandemic made that hard.” Ok? Did you not eat right or try to workout the other 6 months? By all accounts, his limits were never his physical traits... was there anything mental you were focusing on? Lots of red flags, but the biggest issue is the subconscious grin at the news of a teammate’s injury.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yes, I was getting excited about him, but this video is concerning. He couldn’t suppress a grin when the reporter asked about McCoy getting injured. Then the question: “what did you work on in the off-season to get better?” The answer: for two months I focused on eating right and tried to work out but the pandemic made that hard.” Ok? Did you not eat right or try to workout the other 6 months? By all accounts, his limits were never his physical traits... was there anything mental you were focusing on? Lots of red flags, but the biggest issue is the subconscious grin at the news of a teammate’s injury.

The staring ahead and answering annoyingly with little to give. No eye contact. Weird weird interview.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I just can't understand how you can have several interviews with him before the draft and still select him.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Kid has issues. Nothing to do with being quiet.
Nah bro, your quick to jump on, I get it, Hill comes off as the typical personality type that pisses most people off.
Just give the kid a chance to prove that he is a total failure..lol
I actually like my DL to have an attitude, this kid needs to grow up quick, because everybody wants him to.
He may prove everyone wrong thats hating on the immaturity,,
Give the kid more than just a rookie year.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I just can't understand how you can have several interviews with him before the draft and still select him.

And the kid basically got benched by his HC in college because of his attitude. Unreal. Marinelli was as bad as Garrett.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Nah bro, your quick to jump on, I get it, Hill comes off as the typical personality type that pisses most people off.
Just give the kid a chance to prove that he is a total failure..lol
I actually like my DL to have an attitude, this kid needs to grow up quick, because everybody wants him to.
He may prove everyone wrong thats hating on the immaturity,,
Give the kid more than just a rookie year.

Doesn't matter if I give him anything or not. He has all the opportunity he could ever hope for. Drafted #2 by the Cowboys and now the starter in front of him got hurt.

Its up to him. I am just making simple observations. Personally I think his mental makeup puts him behind the 8 ball. His unlikeability and immaturity are other issues on top of that. So if this kid isn't knocking it out of the park on the field, he wont make it. And oh by the way, he isn't knocking it out of the park.