Video: Trysten Hill: Taking Advantage of This Opportunity

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Yeah I am not going to say because he is so calm and has a real tough time answering easy questions that he can't play in the NFL. What I and I think a few others in this thread picked up on is that he might have a real mental issue dealing with some things. I am not sure what and I am not claiming to know psychology better than any doctor, but if he had a very similar psyche as Randy Gregory it would not shock me, no I do not mean drugs I mean what led him to drugs.

What lead him to smokin green leaf?

plasticman

Reaction score
I'm hoping he's the kind of guy that let's his performance speak for him.

If he breaks out and crushes the bust label, then I will consider him quite eloquent.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
what if after being scrutinized so harshly he is simply so tentative about being upfront in a spot light vs one one ?

I truly think this is it. Last year he was much friendlier with the media, so it isn’t simply the way he is in front of a crowd or on a microphone. He has become angry and short with that Dallas media, and it’s clear that he feels some hostility towards them.

I somewhat understand it too. Fans and media were very harsh on the young man last season, and I know many members of the media made some fairly wild speculation about him and why he wasn’t playing much.

And I’m fine with it, too. It bothers me not at all as long as he can make some good strides as a player this year. I’ve seen some great players that were very difficult for the media to deal with, and it never hurt their performance. Besides, if Hill uses those feelings in the right way it could prove to be a powerful motivator for him.

I say give ‘em hell young man and put some QB’s on their butts.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
I just can't understand how you can have several interviews with him before the draft and still select him.

Yeah it’s hard to see why they drafted him. I’m not sure what Marinelli saw in those one on one meetings. He reminds me exactly of Leon Lett in his first few years, the kid is definitely a introvert.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Yeah I am not going to say because he is so calm and has a real tough time answering easy questions that he can't play in the NFL. What I and I think a few others in this thread picked up on is that he might have a real mental issue dealing with some things. I am not sure what and I am not claiming to know psychology better than any doctor, but if he had a very similar psyche as Randy Gregory it would not shock me, no I do not mean drugs I mean what led him to drugs.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
He may not be the most personable kid in front of a camera, and for all I know that may be his personality in all situations, but it didn't seem to me that his intention was to be rude. I think he was just nervous, and may have a bit of ADD going on, because he couldn't seem to focus very well.

Bingo!!!!!........agree
Don't think it was malicious or intentional, he's terrified. I'm guessing some vet ( maybe McCoy ) or Cowboys PR dept told him to just be himself and give honest answers. IF he plays well, I would think he'd be a little more relax and confident with future interviews. Doesn't bother me that much at all.......make plays do your job and we're good.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Compare to last years, dude got beat up pretty bad in the media. Probably still smarting about it.

I'm sure you're right to some extent. Media and fans have been pretty hard on him and rightfully so to some degree. Pretty obvious he didn't trust a lot of questions being asked. Don't be surprised to see this kid starting by mid-season and I don't mean by default. I mean starting and playing at a high level.......we'll thank Gerald McCoy.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Yeah, I don’t think Hill feels like he has any allies in the media. He’s probably just shy of hostile with them for a reason.

All the guy has to do is learn the system and make some plays... the fans and the money will come with that. He has the physical ability to do that, no doubt. He just needs to show the mental capacity to do it.

Here’s hoping he can...

1000%........well said

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cant stand the guy. Seems like an annoyed, angry, disassociated punk that doesn't care.

My god the more you watch the video its no wonder no one likes him. What a monster downgrade in leadership and talent going from McCoy to this punk.

Not everyone is good at sitting in front of a bunch of reporters or answering questions.
It actually is probably his first real interview like this since he was drafted.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doesn't matter if I give him anything or not. He has all the opportunity he could ever hope for. Drafted #2 by the Cowboys and now the starter in front of him got hurt.

Its up to him. I am just making simple observations. Personally I think his mental makeup puts him behind the 8 ball. His unlikeability and immaturity are other issues on top of that. So if this kid isn't knocking it out of the park on the field, he wont make it. And oh by the way, he isn't knocking it out of the park.

When I lived in Florida, the dentist I went to told me one of his patients when he lived in NY was a LB for the Jets. He said you never would know it. He did not speak much at all, unless he was with a small group of friends. You thought he was some meek guy going through life and would never peg him as a football player.

But come time to put on the pads, he was a completely different guy. The adrenaline flowed and he was a monster on the field. He asked him why. And he told him for some reason, when the pads came on, he was ready to go play. It just felt different, and quite a few players felt the same way. This was in the mid to late 80's.

Also this same dentist, when he seen I had a Cowboys t-shirt on, he said, oh, no, this room will not do, and moved me to a new room. So as I looked up, there was a small Washington Commanders helmet hanging from the light. He said this will be your chair from now on if you wear a Cowboys shirt in.
We always had a good laugh about it. Went even 6 months for cleanings.

UncleOscar

Reaction score
Maybe you don't see so well? Its easy to see. Guy has a history of not being liked and its not hard to see why.

Not about hope. He is what he is. You can see first hand the attitude problem right off.

His physical problem his rookie year was his upper body strength. Has he addressed that issue? We shall see.

I have perfect 20/20 vision when it comes to seeing unmitigated hate.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Cant stand the guy. Seems like an annoyed, angry, disassociated punk that doesn't care.

My god the more you watch the video its no wonder no one likes him. What a monster downgrade in leadership and talent going from McCoy to this punk.

Yeah his makeup does not look good at all. I sense he is going to be in the big bust pile soon.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yeah his makeup does not look good at all. I sense he is going to be in the big bust pile soon.

If the kid can play then he has a shot. But thus far we haven't seen that. Already have a 3rd round pick for him to compete with and right now DL has to be a draft priority going into next season.

DanA

Reaction score
The dude is super nervous. Don't have a problem with it but he cracked me up with his short answers and rocking. Hope he does well.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Long as we have a true NT inside the 3 Techs on this roster will succeed. We need to get Snack Harrison as quality depth rotation since NT is the key for true flex defense. @Reality @PAPPYDOG @AmariChill
There is something called the CAP and unfortunately for you and the rest of us, we cannot sign top tier talent in every position to make up for the fact we can't score against good teams unless its GARBAGE time.