Video: Trysten Hill: Taking Advantage of This Opportunity

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Weird...huh? Don't waste your time....the guy doesn't know a NT is a 1T......:laugh:
You have no clue what you’re talking about, but that’s nothing new. Hill is NOT a 1T in a 4-3 or a NT in a 3-4 and he never will be. That’s how those two positions are “traditionally” presented. Generally there is no traditional NT in a 4-3, though in today’s game with combination defenses the terminally is sometimes confusing. There’s a 1T and a 3T. There’s a traditional NT in a 3-4. Their roles/gap assignments are different, but you’re too stupid to realize it. Again, not a surprise with you.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I was hoping that the guy had at least been hitting the weight room since last season... he still looks soft. I guess the whole pandemic thing didn't help much for guys like him.

kskboys

Reaction score
That has always been the case.

Socrates wrote in his day about how “entitled and lazy” children were then. One generation *****ing about how lazy the one after them is is literally a tale as old as time.
Of course. However, that not only doesn't make it not true, that was also a different time and a different society. All societies appear to go through this, where the people who fought for "better", had kids and didn't want them to work so hard.

kskboys

Reaction score
You have no clue what you’re talking about, but that’s nothing new. Hill is NOT a 1T in a 4-3 or a NT in a 3-4 and he never will be. That’s how those two positions are “traditionally” presented. Generally there is no traditional NT in a 4-3, though in today’s game with combination defenses the terminally is sometimes confusing. There’s a 1T and a 3T. There’s a traditional NT in a 3-4. Their roles/gap assignments are different, but you’re too stupid to realize it. Again, not a surprise with you.
There sorta is. I've seen many teams try and go w/ two 3 tech types up front, and it seldom works. It might if the two are talented enough, I guess, but it usually means a weaker middle that often gets exploited in the playoffs. That's why you'll see Belly always having a NT type on the squad, often 2. A huge problem the Rams had in the super bowl against them is that they could not run the ball. And the Rams had the #3 rushing attack in the NFL that year. But the middle was absolutely clogged up w/ huge Danny Shelton, Malcolm Brown, and Lawrence Guy. And when that part of a D is impregnable, suddenly everything you do on D works better.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
This dude will be out of the league soon, watching tv eating snacks on the couch playing fortnite... I have zero expectations for him.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Yes
There sorta is. I've seen many teams try and go w/ two 3 tech types up front, and it seldom works. It might if the two are talented enough, I guess, but it usually means a weaker middle that often gets exploited in the playoffs. That's why you'll see Belly always having a NT type on the squad, often 2. A huge problem the Rams had in the super bowl against them is that they could not run the ball. And the Rams had the #3 rushing attack in the NFL that year. But the middle was absolutely clogged up w/ huge Danny Shelton, Malcolm Brown, and Lawrence Guy. And when that part of a D is impregnable, suddenly everything you do on D works better.

Yes, a few have tried it. Minnesota comes to mind. But, they might be NT “types” but they still aren’t playing the NT position. The gap responsibilities are different. And it rarely works because most of those guys can’t generate a pass rush. That’s why almost all 4-3 defenses use a 1T and a 3T. The whole point of this thread is that Hill has been playing out of position because he’s a natural NT. That is blatantly false. It couldn’t be farther from reality.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes

Yes, a few have tried it. Minnesota comes to mind. But, they might be NT “types” but they still aren’t playing the NT position. The gap responsibilities are different. And it rarely works because most of those guys can’t generate a pass rush. That’s why almost all 4-3 defenses use a 1T and a 3T. The whole point of this thread is that Hill has been playing out of position because he’s a natural NT. That is blatantly false. It couldn’t be farther from reality.

Trysten Hill started as a 3-4 NT in his first 2 college seasons.

In his 3rd season with a new coaching staff he played as a 4-3 DT as a non-starter.

The reason he didn't start with the new college coaching staff is because they wanted him to be a Marinelli type pass rushing 3-tech but he continued to play a style similar to his previous position/scheme as the 3-4 NT (i.e. Play the run first.)

The Cowboys drafted him to play 3-tech and he practiced all off-season at the 3-tech position.

When he did play during the regular season, most of his snaps were at 1-tech...

DC Cowboy

Reaction score
Cant stand the guy. Seems like an annoyed, angry, disassociated punk that doesn't care.

My god the more you watch the video its no wonder no one likes him. What a monster downgrade in leadership and talent going from McCoy to this punk.

Why? What on earth did you see in this video that gave you this opinion of yours? All i saw was a young man not entirely comfortable doing interviews.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Trysten Hill started as a 3-4 NT in his first 2 college seasons.

In his 3rd season with a new coaching staff he played as a 4-3 DT as a non-starter.

The reason he didn't start with the new college coaching staff is because they wanted him to be a Marinelli type pass rushing 3-tech but he continued to play a style similar to his previous position/scheme as the 3-4 NT (i.e. Play the run first.)

The Cowboys drafted him to play 3-tech and he practiced all off-season at the 3-tech position.

When he did play during the regular season, most of his snaps were at 1-tech...
I don’t care what he did in college. He played at a smaller college against smaller competition. He will never make it in the NFL as a 1T. He cannot anchor. Period. His strength is his initial quickness off the ball. He’s a 3T in the NFL, or he’s doing something else for a living.