Video: Trysten Hill: Taking Advantage of This Opportunity

Carson

Reaction score
There is something called the CAP and unfortunately for you and the rest of us, we cannot sign top tier talent in every position to make up for the fact we can't score against good teams unless its GARBAGE time.

This.

They are paying Poe already. Woods is cheap depth.

Snacks is not coming here for cheap and to be a backup.

Yeah, in a perfect world they would find some scheme with Snacks and Poe dominating. Reality is Griffen-Crawford-Poe-Lawrence are your starters. Smith, Woods, Gallimore and Hill are all making it. We will keep another pass rusher or two.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Need to tap down the Snack talk a bit. FO chose Poe over Snack and besides if you listen to his last interview he wasn't even sure he wanted to continue playing. Good chance we're only getting a name.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
If the kid can play then he has a shot. But thus far we haven't seen that. Already have a 3rd round pick for him to compete with and right now DL has to be a draft priority going into next season.

I just think if you going to act like that you better be good. He has a long way to go. Talented sure but between the ears he is lacking.

TheGoat73

Reaction score
Cant stand the guy. Seems like an annoyed, angry, disassociated punk that doesn't care.

My god the more you watch the video its no wonder no one likes him. What a monster downgrade in leadership and talent going from McCoy to this punk.
He seems to be having a hard time with concentration in this interview. There could be many reasons for that. My hunch, just based on this short video, is he has a lot of social anxiety. Big D, big spotlight, young kid.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah it’s hard to see why they drafted him. I’m not sure what Marinelli saw in those one on one meetings. He reminds me exactly of Leon Lett in his first few years, the kid is definitely a introvert.
Leon Lett had a social disorder. Larry Allen had it too. But I've never heard they were immature. They didn't show up late, fall asleep, leave early and generally not take things seriously.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Tristen definitely isn't one to waste time with superfluous details. He's a man of few words. That's really no problem, imho.

As long as he makes it a point to continue on his current path, he'll have done all he needs to do to fulfill his expectations.

I think Mike McCarthy is just the patient kind of coach to do whatever he can do to make things easy for all of his players.

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
Leon Lett had a social disorder. Larry Allen had it too. But I've never heard they were immature. They didn't show up late, fall asleep, leave early and generally not take things seriously.
That's because our society has gone from "Man up" to "It's ok to be a wuss and let every little feeling and tear come out".

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
He appears to be totally disinterested. It’s obvious he didn’t want to be there.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
And the kid basically got benched by his HC in college because of his attitude. Unreal. Marinelli was as bad as Garrett.

But if you watch his tape like some draft experts do.....he does flash big time talent. I like the guy. What the hell do you expect him to say? The media is a bunch of parasites....All he did was answer the questions as honestly as he could. Hell...I thought he did a heck of a job. And I don't blame him for his attitude towards last years staff. They were a bunch of morons. I think your gonna see this kid blossom into a steady player. Not a super star.....but someone that's willing to do the dirty work. We may have lost McCoy....but we still have Poe....which I think he will learn more from anyway.....Hill is a natural NT anyway.....that's where he belongs. :rolleyes:

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
But if you watch his tape like some draft experts do.....he does flash big time talent. I like the guy. What the hell do you expect him to say? The media is a bunch of parasites....All he did was answer the questions as honestly as he could. Hell...I thought he did a heck of a job. And I don't blame him for his attitude towards last years staff. They were a bunch of morons. I think your gonna see this kid blossom into a steady player. Not a super star.....but someone that's willing to do the dirty work. We may have lost McCoy....but we still have Poe....which I think he will learn more from anyway.....Hill is a natural NT anyway.....that's where he belongs. :rolleyes:
LOL. No, he’s NOT a natural NT. Not even close. He’s a 3T. You have no idea what you’re talking about.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Yeah....6'3 315.....is pretty small for a NT. :rolleyes::facepalm:
Yes, it is by the way. Also, we primarily play a 4-3 as a base, which employs a 1T and a 3T. I think of a NT in a 3-4, and yes, these days they’re bigger than 315. Hill’s greatest asset is his quickness and penetration (as opposed to power and strength), which is a trademark of a 3T. Our 1Ts on this team are Poe and Woods. They’re run stuffers and block eaters. Definitely not Hill, at least not on first and second downs.

you can post all the little memes you want, but It doesn’t change the fact that you don’t have a clue here.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
LOL. No, he’s NOT a natural NT. Not even close. He’s a 3T. You have no idea what you’re talking about.
I really don't like the so called "natural" for a position. Guys can either play the position or not with different degrees of success of course. Hill has 3T quickness off the snap which is why Marinelli wanted him. But early on at C Florida, Frost staff had him playing NT and he was probably closer to 330 at that time.

Last edited:

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I really don't like the so called "natural" for a position. Guys can either play the position or not with different degrees of success of course. Hill has 3T quickness off the snap which is why Marinelli wanted him. But early on at Nebraska, Frost staff had him playing NT and he was probably closer to 330 at that time.
That was college. This is the NFL. Hill is not a NT and never will be. It would be stupid and a waste of his natural ability.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yes, it is by the way. Also, we primarily play a 4-3 as a base, which employs a 1T and a 3T. I think of a NT in a 3-4, and yes, these days they’re bigger than 315. Hill’s greatest asset is his quickness and penetration, which is a trademark of a 3T. Our 1Ts on this team are Poe and Woods. They’re run stuffers and block eaters. Definitely not Hill, at least not on first and second downs.
It's really not. The NT position is not about size, it's about build and/or the ability to get low. One of the best NT's in the game is Kenny Clark at GB at this exact size. Eddie Goldman also, about the same size.