Video: Trysten Hill: Taking Advantage of This Opportunity

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
It's really not. The NT position is not about size, it's about build and/or the ability to get low. One of the best NT's in the game is Kenny Clark at GB at this exact size. Eddie Goldman also, about the same size.
Hill is not a so-called NT. His biggest asset is quickness and his ability to penetrate (at least allegedly). He doesn’t have the power to play the 1T in a 4-3. I guess he could play some NT in a 3-4 on passing downs, but hell no in a base.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Cant stand the guy. Seems like an annoyed, angry, disassociated punk that doesn't care.

My god the more you watch the video its no wonder no one likes him. What a monster downgrade in leadership and talent going from McCoy to this punk.
He seems shy and nervous and didn’t want to be in front of the cameras. He needs confidence. Or he is a b hole. One or the other. Lol.

kskboys

Reaction score
That’s what I’ve been saying.
I was surprised when I saw someone looking at him for NT. Dude's upside is most likely a rotational pass rusher.

Now Galley can play some NT. At one point at OK, he got up to 330 n change and played NT.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I was surprised when I saw someone looking at him for NT. Dude's upside is most likely a rotational pass rusher.

Now Galley can play some NT. At one point at OK, he got up to 330 n change and played NT.
Amazing how much more power you have at 330 or more. But any run stopping issues he has is likely technique not inability.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Amazing how much more power you have at 330 or more. But any run stopping issues he has is likely technique not inability.
Whether it’s power, technique, or both, Hill will make it or not make it in the NFL playing the 3T and using his natural quickness off the ball as a penetrator.

kskboys

Reaction score
Or scheme.

Seriously, Galley should've been a top 20 pick. Has no glaring limitations. We got a steal amongst steals. There is absolutely no way he should've been there at 82, and there's no way guys like Blacklock, Davon Hamilton, Davidson, or Madubuike should have been taken before him. This is a real headscratcher.

kskboys

Reaction score
Please explain, because I don’t see anyone making excuses for Hill’s mistakes, ie falling asleep at the a team meeting, showing up late, etc.
I actually don't understand what you want explained. It has become pervasive in our society to make excuses instead of toughing it out. I really don't see what making excuses has to do w/ this.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
I actually don't understand what you want explained. It has become pervasive in our society to make excuses instead of toughing it out. I really don't see what making excuses has to do w/ this.

That has always been the case.

Socrates wrote in his day about how “entitled and lazy” children were then. One generation *****ing about how lazy the one after them is is literally a tale as old as time.

817Gill

Reaction score
I like your take. I also think that after that was said about him, the media is the enemy. At least, at his age and maturity level that’s who they are. You can see that when asked about Jeopardy he was all about it. At this time, whatever motivation he can get to work his arse off, I’m all for it. I doubt he’ll ever be the aspiring sports analyst kind of communicator. Just need him to make an impact at 3T and as he said, more “consistent.”
Great point

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
It's really not. The NT position is not about size, it's about build and/or the ability to get low. One of the best NT's in the game is Kenny Clark at GB at this exact size. Eddie Goldman also, about the same size.

Weird...huh? Don't waste your time....the guy doesn't know a NT is a 1T......:laugh:

TheGoat73

Reaction score
Tristen definitely isn't one to waste time with superfluous details. He's a man of few words. That's really no problem, imho.

As long as he makes it a point to continue on his current path, he'll have done all he needs to do to fulfill his expectations.

I think Mike McCarthy is just the patient kind of coach to do whatever he can do to make things easy for all of his players.
Look how he was dogged as a rookie. Maybe he doesn’t want to give the haters any material. I’m not looking too critically at a first year player unless they were from the 2/3 of the first round.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Let's not get stuck into thinking rookies never change. It's a different year now. Even Coach Tomsula says he's excited by the change in his performance. Sure, Hill has difficulty with social anxiety but things can sometimes change with the coming of success. Take it for what it is today and let tomorrow take care of itself. If Hill reverts back to his old ways, the staff will likely adjust accordingly. It's far better to have two young 3 techs than just one.

Last edited:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Look how he was dogged as a rookie. Maybe he doesn’t want to give the haters any material. I’m not looking too critically at a first year player unless they were from the 2/3 of the first round.

Good for you -- that's just the sort of folks we need more of around here!:thumbup: