RELEASED Trysten Hill waived

lk8701

Reaction score
Cowboys terrible 2nd round picks: Jaylon Smith (cut), Randy Gregory (missed majority of time due to suspension then left as a free agent), Trysten Hill (cut), and Kelvin Joseph (TBD but gut feeling won't pan out). Diggs is the exception not the rule. The Cowboys need to stop gambling on character concerns and injury concerns in the 2nd round.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Hmmm.. interesting.. That would seem to indicate they have something up their sleeves.. Maybe he didn't handle being inactive last week maturely enough? After watching them give up 250 yards I might not have been all that gracious about being benched either..

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys terrible 2nd round picks: Jaylon Smith (cut), Randy Gregory (missed majority of time due to suspension then left as a free agent), Trysten Hill (cut), and Kelvin Joseph (TBD but gut feeling won't pan out). Diggs is the exception not the rule. The Cowboys need to stop gambling on character concerns and injury concerns in the 2nd round.

But I thought Will McClay was nailing it?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I understand what they are doing but he is better than Gallimore and all you have to do is watch them play to see it.

I agree.. Hill has been the most productive of all the DTs on a per snap basis.. But his lack of maturity might have led him to be mouthy about that fact and it might have rubbed the coaches the wrong way one time too many..

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Per Michael Geniken-NFL - Cowboys tried to trade Trysten Hill at trade deadline, but no takers around the NFL.

- Add that even Carlos Watkins played vs Bears, while Trysten Hill was made inactive on Game Day List.

- And rather than wait it out to let him walk as an UFA after the season as his rookie contract expires, and they cut him at midseason,...Could that suggest that Cowboys could not wait to get Trysten off their roster ?..
It's about the numbers now, Haskins added, Basham is close to returning.

quickccc

Reaction score
It's about the numbers now, Haskins added, Basham is close to returning.

So once Basham is ready to return to Carlos Watkins is cut ..?

and with Williams, Parsons, Fowler, Armstrong, Dlaw and even Osa and Golston at end on occasion, where is Basham gonna get his snaps ?

kumizi

Reaction score
A week ago people were hyping up the Hankins trade based on this tweet.

:eek:

jujoboys

Reaction score
I never hated a coach more than Marinelli.his stupid drafts picks may have cost us a SB,we could have had Watt without his meddling an that alone would have put us in the SB.

I would blame that on Jerry instead of Marinelli. If Jerr

Hopefully we can add Sam Williams to the list along with Diggs. I still can't believe we passed on Chris jones for Jaylon Smith. I just knew the Cowboys were going to call Chris Jones name when he was still on the board. Just imagine what this defense would look like if we took TJ Watt over Taco and Chris Jones over Jaylon.

quickccc

Reaction score
I agree.. Hill has been the most productive of all the DTs on a per snap basis.. But his lack of maturity might have led him to be mouthy about that fact and it might have rubbed the coaches the wrong way one time too many..

Eventually word may get out behind the scenes ... we'll see.

TheFinisher

Reaction score
I would blame that on Jerry instead of Marinelli. If Jerr

Hopefully we can add Sam Williams to the list along with Diggs. I still can't believe we passed on Chris jones for Jaylon Smith. I just knew the Cowboys were going to call Chris Jones name when he was still on the board. Just imagine what this defense would look like if we took TJ Watt over Taco and Chris Jones over Jaylon.

or taking Ramsey/Buckner over the running back at 4 overall like morons.