RELEASED Trysten Hill waived

Carson

Reaction score
Go back to the draft day thread for Hill.
This was a VERY unpopular pick in CowboysZone.

Rod Marinelli special
I attended UCF and have season tickets. Even I hated the Hill pick lol

Tussinman

Reaction score
Go back to the draft day thread for Hill.
This was a VERY unpopular pick in CowboysZone.

Rod Marinelli special
Yeah I remember half of this forum being in absolute shock that Juan Thornhill was still on the board (projected immediate day 1 starter at a position of need) and then they go and draft a 4th round DT whose upside is maybe being a rotational depth piece......

It was almost as if was an intentional troll job. Unfortunately, the results weren't great (4 years and all he was known for was falling asleep during a meeting, being a healthy scratch, and punching someone after a game).

75boyz

Reaction score
Recent 2nds and 3rds kinda hit n' miss or still to be determined with regards to earning a 2nd contract.

Williams and Hill- no
Joseph, McGovern and Wright - hope to see more improvement. Still TBD.

Tolbert, although a rookie, still needs to show a lot more.

StarMan2112

Reaction score
Maybe we can sign Trysten and Taco to the practice squad. Far too talented to be on the street. :muttley:

DFWJC

Reaction score
Yeah I remember half of this forum being in absolute shock that Juan Thornhill was still on the board (projected immediate day 1 starter at a position of need) and then they go and draft a 4th round DT whose upside is maybe being a rotational depth piece......

It was almost as if was an intentional troll job. Unfortunately, the results weren't great (4 years and all he was known for was falling asleep during a meeting, being a healthy scratch, and punching someone after a game).
Yes, all the Safeties, plus the WRs (DK Metcaff, Dionte Johnson, McLaurin) just sitting there.....and we reach for this guy.

To be fair, for the most part, thy have drafted well over the last several years, relatively speaking.
But this pick and the Taco pick really hurt.

Motorola

Reaction score
Looking back, Trysten Hill's football career peaked his sophmore year at UCF, when the team went 13-0 for 2017 and defeated Auburn in a bowl game. Since then:
• 2018 - Demoted from starting his junior year when he clashed with the new coaching staff.
•2019 draft 2nd round pick/58th overall - Hill had a very underwhelming rookie season, being inactive half the games, and subpar play as a backup.
• 2020 - began as a starter, but was levied league fines for dirty play, before getting injured in the 5th game and going on IR the rest of the season.
• 2021 - was placed on the PUP list before the season started; returned halfway through - but got into a postgame fight against an opposing player - suspended one game.
• 2022 - played less than a 1/3 of the defensive snaps in 6 of the first 7 games, inactive last Sunday.

lukin2006

Reaction score
I'm not really surprised. We got to many pro bowl DTs anyway...

stinkface

Reaction score
That's a big fanny burp. Hill underachieved in college. Had problems with his college coaches. Low effort guy and immature. Someone will pick him up and try to make him into something. Odds are he will have another chance or 2. Something was up when he was inactive last week and not on the injury report. Bet there was a pending trade that didn't happen. Someone probably did some digging and backed out.