RELEASED Trysten Hill waived

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Looking back, Trysten Hill's football career peaked his sophmore year at UCF, when the team went 13-0 for 2017 and defeated Auburn in a bowl game. Since then:
• 2018 - Demoted from starting his junior year when he clashed with the new coaching staff.
•2019 draft 2nd round pick/58th overall - Hill had a very underwhelming rookie season, being inactive half the games, and subpar play as a backup.
• 2020 - began as a starter, but was levied league fines for dirty play, before getting injured in the 5th game and going on IR the rest of the season.
• 2021 - was placed on the PUP list before the season started; returned halfway through - but got into a postgame fight against an opposing player - suspended one game.
• 2022 - played less than a 1/3 of the defensive snaps in 6 of the first 7 games, inactive last Sunday.
I am just as frustrated about the front office’s refusal to admit Hill was a mistake as I am actually drafting him in round 2. If he had been taken on day 3 somewhere he would have been cut 2-3 years ago.

visionary

Reaction score
And I was told he would be the difference maker this year at DT along with Ridgeway and Gallimore

CZ homers could not have been wrong about these guys, could they?

:muttley::muttley:

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
This was a way bigger deal than Jaylon Smith, Kelvin Joseph, Randy Gregory, etc

Some of those guys had question marks going into the draft, but everything about Trysten predraft said he wouldn’t make it. Dallas held onto him not willing to admit a mistake, but He’s been stealing money for years

jwitten82

Reaction score
Hmmm.. interesting.. That would seem to indicate they have something up their sleeves.. Maybe he didn't handle being inactive last week maturely enough? After watching them give up 250 yards I might not have been all that gracious about being benched either..
Lol or he wasn't that good to begin with. Imagine thinking Hill would have helped the run defense

RonnieT24

Reaction score
That's a big fanny burp. Hill underachieved in college. Had problems with his college coaches. Low effort guy and immature. Someone will pick him up and try to make him into something. Odds are he will have another chance or 2. Something was up when he was inactive last week and not on the injury report. Bet there was a pending trade that didn't happen. Someone probably did some digging and backed out.

Immature yes.. but definitely no on the low effort. Dude chases the play all over the field.. I think at the end of the day the Cowboys got tired or waiting for him to grow up.. but let's not get carried away with the character assassination. The kid has talent.. it's just as yet untapped. And apparently it won't be in Dallas.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Immature yes.. but definitely no on the low effort. Dude chases the play all over the field.. I think at the end of the day the Cowboys got tired or waiting for him to grow up.. but let's not get carried away with the character assassination. The kid has talent.. it's just as yet untapped. And apparently it won't be in Dallas.
Hes not good his balance is terrible