RELEASED Trysten Hill waived

Motorola

Reaction score
I am just as frustrated about the front office’s refusal to admit Hill was a mistake as I am actually drafting him in round 2. If he had been taken on day 3 somewhere he would have been cut 2-3 years ago.
Didn't the DC/defensive line coach back then held sway in the draft process because longtime career (and some success) in the league?

817Gill

Reaction score
Recent 2nds and 3rds kinda hit n' miss or still to be determined with regards to earning a 2nd contract.

Williams and Hill- no
Joseph, McGovern and Wright - hope to see more improvement. Still TBD.

Tolbert, although a rookie, still needs to show a lot more.
Connor Williams? The one who was a 4 year starter and currently one of the best ranked C’s in football?

That wasn’t a miss he was by every metric a solid olineman. His biggest issue was untimely penalties, but that’s not something that was an issue in college.

If you draft a guy and he’s good enough to start from day 1 and on then he’s not a bust. A home run? No. But that was a solid pick. If we are talking baseball analogies still then that’s a single.

Carson

Reaction score
Put respect on my name. I told everyone this guy was a bum on draft night. A marinelli pick that signed a stupid napkin. Doomed from the start
Agreed.

Sadly, guys like Broaddus said he would be the pick a few days before the draft. It was like impending doom

DFWJC

Reaction score
Was looking at how bad this was for us then also noticed the Pats joined the party.
They badly needed a WR and took......

N'Keel Harry at the end of the 1st round
:omg:

So right after he was taken, the following WRs went off the board in the next round or so
  • Deebo Samuel
  • AJ Brown
  • DK Metcalf
  • Diontae Johnson
  • Mecole Hardman
I suspect Brady would've enjoyed having any of those guys in New England

Last edited:

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Didn't the DC/defensive line coach back then held sway in the draft process because longtime career (and some success) in the league?
You mean zero success after he was a d line coach for the 2000 bucs with one of the best d line talents in history that were great before he got there and great after he left. Even worse he was a 0-16 HC with the lions. He was a joke and should have been thrown in the trash.

Verdict

Reaction score
You mean zero success after he was a d line coach for the 2000 bucs with one of the best d line talents in history that were great before he got there and great after he left. Even worse he was a 0-16 HC with the lions. He was a joke and should have been thrown in the trash.
Marinelli was washed up by the time he made it to the Cowboys.