Trysten Hill's character issues

Sydla

Reaction score
they were hoping Will harris from BC would fall to 90. He and Justin Layne were the target. They both got drafted, so they went BPA and that was McGovern.

When we took Hill that was my hope too........... come back with Harris at 90. I think based on some of the media reports, that was Dallas' hope too.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
*Yawn*
Not another "Hill was a great pick and not a bad guy" thread...how many more of these can this forum take???

Ok, he's Rod's pick and now his baby. It's up to Rod to keep him in line and get him to play to his ability.

If not, Rod can get the ***** out of Dallas and never come back.

I wasn't aware Marinelli had the ability to override everyone else on who the team drafted.

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
Having a "difficult personality" is not the same as having an addiction or anger problem. The former might make you a pain to deal with, but the latter can get you suspended. If the guy's on the field and making plays, the Cowboys' staff should be mature enough and strong enough to handle him.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I don't care about "character concerns" I care about if the kid can play and has the production. He didn't have the production. And when the top safeties were on the board that were a better value than Hill. I think they botched the draft in thinking they could get their safety later at 90. It failed so their strategy failed. Which is more so why I dislike the pick.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I wasn't aware Marinelli had the ability to override everyone else on who the team drafted.
Considering Marinelli was pretty much doing everything but smashing his moms and making the kid call him step daddy. It was his pick.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Oh he's not David Irving.

But I worry he's Taco Charlton......... the talented kid that sometimes has some motivational issues and simply never matches the mindset needed to go with his high level talents.
I worry bout that too, regardless whether or not Marinelli is calling him every night telling him bedtime stories before lights out.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
His hurt shoulder forced him to have a bad attitude that got him designated inactive for games?
That I'm not sure of. I haven't read anything in regard to bad attitude except from fans here. But again, the injury and needing surgery has to be factored in.
All I've seen was that it was suggested. Anything to add that I didn't see?

lostar2009

Reaction score
Well his character issues seem more fixable, immaturity, and communication. It isn't Randy Gregory bad where the guy was a pot head.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
His hurt shoulder forced him to have a bad attitude that got him designated inactive for games?
You can always tell the way the Cowboys behave when a player has a bad attitude. Happened with both Charlton and Irving last year. Jerry Jones spent weeks teasing their return from injury and it never materialized. Probably because neither was doing it the right way.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm sure most of us would like to see Trysten doing well and distinguishing himself as a valuable member of the Dallas roster. I'm sincerely hoping that his success will be forthcoming and helpful in every way possible. Amidst that proposition, here's hoping he finds a way to endear himself to the Dallas staff and earn the considerable dough that he'll be afforded. What it takes is the best he has to give and the fans will be sure to extend their undying loyalty.

Last edited:

Alexander

Reaction score
Well his character issues seem more fixable, immaturity, and communication. It isn't Randy Gregory bad where the guy was a pot head.
If you have been around a chronically lazy person, was it ever easy to fix?

Alexander

Reaction score
I'm sure most of us would like to see Trysten doing well and distinguishing himself as a valuable member of the Dallas roster. I'm sincerely hoping that his success will be forthcoming and successful in every imaginable way. Amidst that process, here's hoping he finds a way to endear himself to the Dallas staff and earn the considerable moneys that he'll be blessed with. All it takes is the best he has to give and the fans will be sure to hold him dear.
He was a 2nd rounder. Not getting paid a ton and people forgive 2nd round busts much more than 1st rounders.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
2zqo4f.jpg

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
He was a 2nd rounder. Not getting paid a ton and people forgive 2nd round busts much more than 1st rounders.

That's for sure -- and they'd also not forgive him quite as easily as they might a 3rd rounder. It's all relative.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Every time I hear Character Issues causing indecision on drafting or signing a talented player...I yell at the person I am stating that I am right 2 words....
RANDY MOSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wish people would STOP saying that.

It was bad timing to take Moss.

The Cowboys were a hot mess and were in the midst of damage control. The ONLY reason they didn't draft him.

They didn't need yet another trouble magnet.....................

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
they were hoping Will harris from BC would fall to 90. He and Justin Layne were the target. They both got drafted, so they went BPA and that was McGovern.

Yea he was too highly rated to pass up. That's how you win the draft.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Considering Marinelli was pretty much doing everything but smashing his moms and making the kid call him step daddy. It was his pick.

Obviously he liked the pick, but the team as a whole could have chosen another path. I imagine DT was a target all along, and this was a guy they felt had a good chance to fall to them.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Obviously he liked the pick, but the team as a whole could have chosen another path. I imagine DT was a target all along, and this was a guy they felt had a good chance to fall to them.
He had dinners and sexted the kid every day for like a month straight. It was creepy like the next Kellen Moore/Linehan relationship