Trysten Hill's character issues

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
If we skipped him people would complain we could have taken him. Take a RKG and they want some one with a mean streak. Take hill the best DT on your board after years of most fans wanting a DT and then those same people complain.

The highest we've taken a DT since Maryland, or arguably Spears.

People have been crying about not spending on DTs for years. Now they're crying when we do.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He had dinners and sexted the kid every day for like a month straight. It was creepy like the next Kellen Moore/Linehan relationship

I doubt it was as creepy as people on the internet make it out to be. The internet is notorious for exaggeration and misinformation

CCBoy

Reaction score
*Yawn*
Not another "Hill was a great pick and not a bad guy" thread...how many more of these can this forum take???

Ok, he's Rod's pick and now his baby. It's up to Rod to keep him in line and get him to play to his ability.

If not, Rod can get the ***** out of Dallas and never come back.

You would have stated the very same line of crud back when the Cowboys signed a fourth round draftee...Charles Haley.

Just think of the mental hurdles...

lostar2009

Reaction score
If you have been around a chronically lazy person, was it ever easy to fix?

Yup you have to ride him. Heck I use to be lazy *** hell but snap out of it in my late teens. I realized you can't make money being lazy.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I doubt it was as creepy as people on the internet make it out to be. The internet is notorious for exaggeration and misinformation
Go look it up. Took him out on a date for his 21st birthday too

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
I keep hearing character concerns, but where does that come from? I know that he butted heads with the new staff, but the Cowboys all talked to the old staff and they reportedly loved him.

He was squatting 700+ as a Freshman so he works his *** off in the weight room. All the draft "experts" said he goes all-out on the field and that is easy to see on the film.

He has never been arrested, or failed a drug test, or beat up a woman or a kid. So...I am a little confused about the "character concerns" issue.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I keep hearing character concerns, but where does that come from?

That's why I put quotes around the words in the OP. He clearly has the physical talent and gives 100% on the field, but two of the draft profiles on him rated him as a 7th rounder or 5th rounder. That is the "character concern", he wasn't marked down on athletic ability.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I keep hearing character concerns, but where does that come from? I know that he butted heads with the new staff, but the Cowboys all talked to the old staff and they reportedly loved him.

He was squatting 700+ as a Freshman so he works his *** off in the weight room. All the draft "experts" said he goes all-out on the field and that is easy to see on the film.

He has never been arrested, or failed a drug test, or beat up a woman or a kid. So...I am a little confused about the "character concerns" issue.
The worst is from Bob McGinn's scout interview which always reads like a bad gossip column. It always reminds me that a lot of scouts are morons. Somewhere there was also something about him showing up with a hangover. Not sure if it was suppose to be a game or practice.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score

People are way blowing it out of proportion. He didn’t like the new scheme (he was a pure 43 DT moving to a 34) and he didn’t like the way he had to play in it. The best way I heard it put is that it took him a while to buy into the new scheme and coaching.

Is that ideal? No, of course not... but the kid is being made out to be an awful person who was benched and the coaches hated.

He wasn’t benched, he just didn’t get the privilege of starting the game. He played a ton yet I’ve heard it said many times on here that he was benched. I’ve read scouting reports that said he was clearly the most talented player on that entire defense... of course the coaches used him a lot.

He’s also being called lazy (in this very thread as well) when everything you hear about the guy and every clip you watch of him says that he plays all-out, every play. One analyst on the draft network said Hill is the ‘most urgent player these eyes have ever viewed’.

He is the complete opposite of lazy and Marinelli stated that his hustle was a major factor in drafting Hill.

People don’t know what they’re talking about and the tales grow taller as time goes on.

Kaiser

Reaction score
The worst is from Bob McGinn's scout interview which always reads like a bad gossip column. It always reminds me that a lot of scouts are morons. Somewhere there was also something about him showing up with a hangover. Not sure if it was suppose to be a game or practice.

Its funny because the first time I read that quote of "the best player is a backup, that's all you need to know" I took that to mean the coaches were idiots, not the player. Reading it a second time I can tell it was meant the other way around.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
I don't know, based on the various posts on the draft board leading up to the draft, the idea of Hill at 58 was not met with a lot of applause. In fact, when the rumors started late last week that Hill could be our target at 58, the majority of opinions seemed to be prior to the pick that they hoped Dallas wouldn't go in that direction.

Yes, people wanted the Cowboys to draft some DTs. But not just any old DT. Like if I wanted the Cowboys to spend more capital at WR and then they took a 6th round graded WR at 58, that wouldn't actually satisfy my desire, right?

I wanted a S at #58 then Hill later due to value but ultimately they fell in love with the player and did not want to miss out, we were picking almost in the third round anyway.

Seattle is known for drafting their guy even if he was a reach to most others, they just do what they do.

I think Hill has the ability to be an impact player, the only question is consistency and maturity in my view.

He is explosive, powerful and really a perfect 3 tech for this defense, he is going to be a terror on the line.

I have said all along, I like the player but was hoping for that S and a better value at #58.

I felt the same way with the Frederick selection but that move proved my value position perspective wrong then as well, time will tell.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I wanted a S at #58 then Hill later due to value but ultimately they fell in love with the player and did not want to miss out, we were picking almost in the third round anyway.

Seattle is known for drafting their guy even if he was a reach to most others, they just do what they do.

I think Hill has the ability to be an impact player, the only question is consistency and maturity in my view.

He is explosive, powerful and really a perfect 3 tech for this defense, he is going to be a terror on the line.

I have said all along, I like the player but was hoping for that S and a better value at #58.

I felt the same way with the Frederick selection but that move proved my value position perspective wrong then as well, time will tell.
Nice post man.