Trysten Hill's character issues

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Yup you have to ride him. Heck I use to be lazy *** hell but snap out of it in my late teens. I realized you can't make money being lazy.
:lmao: I'm the exact opposite, as I've pretty much told everybody in my working circle to ****-off& I won't haul asphalt for $25 bucks an hour:thumbup:

:flagwave:o_O:flagwave:

waldoputty

Reaction score
People are way blowing it out of proportion. He didn’t like the new scheme (he was a pure 43 DT moving to a 34) and he didn’t like the way he had to play in it. The best way I heard it put is that it took him a while to buy into the new scheme and coaching.

Is that ideal? No, of course not... but the kid is being made out to be an awful person who was benched and the coaches hated.

He wasn’t benched, he just didn’t get the privilege of starting the game. He played a ton yet I’ve heard it said many times on here that he was benched. I’ve read scouting reports that said he was clearly the most talented player on that entire defense... of course the coaches used him a lot.

He’s also being called lazy (in this very thread as well) when everything you hear about the guy and every clip you watch of him says that he plays all-out, every play. One analyst on the draft network said Hill is the ‘most urgent player these eyes have ever viewed’.

He is the complete opposite of lazy and Marinelli stated that his hustle was a major factor in drafting Hill.

People don’t know what they’re talking about and the tales grow taller as time goes on.

he received the 4th most minutes for dl when he was by far the best dl.
when he was on the field, he was productive and i saw a measure where he was more productive on a snap/basis than the elite dts like oliver, the guy drafted at #9.
he was complaining about lack of minutes, so he probably was not tired and could have played more minutes with similar productivity
he got 2 sacks and lots of results in their conference championship.
then the next week in the fiesta bowl, he did not get the start.

did he contribute to the issues with the coaches, probably so.
did the coaches contribute to the issues, sounds like it to the point of losing the fiesta bowl where hill was played sparingly.
hill *****ed about it and then declared.

this is not a gregory level character problem.
this is not an irving level character problem.

only have heard from all sources that he plays really hard on the field.
the only issue being not practicing hard.
marinelli will fix that and hill will comply because he has a good relationship with marinelli now.
does he have some issue to the point of pissing the coaching staff did not play their best dl much in the fiesta bowl.
yes he does.
did he learn from it.
probably so.
his contract will be less than $5M when it could have been $20M.
i am sure he learned from it.

i have no idea what he did to piss off the coaches.
almost as if he screwed the coach's daughter...

waldoputty

Reaction score
for whatever this is worth... the bolded part is kind of weird...

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/ucf-knights/os-sp-ucf-trysten-hill-1231-story.html

“I came in with Coach Frost and those were my guys, and then this coaching staff came in and things were … well, things I can’t really say, but it was on my mind,” Hill said of transferring. “But I bleed black and gold and so I wanted to stay here. These are my brothers. The people on this football team watched me grow up and watched me become who I am, so there was no way I could have left them, no matter what the situation."

"He also started to mature individually and as a teammate. He understood there were roles for him to play within the team and that he didn’t need to be the person around which everything was focused."

“Me being able to come back this year and almost play my role [like 2016], it really showed that I don’t have to be that guy in the spotlight. I can be that team player and a guy who knows his role to play,” Hill said. “That really helped me a lot. I did it for my teammates, but I did it for myself, as well.”

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
when he was on the field, he was productive and i saw a measure where he was more productive on a snap/basis than the elite dts like oliver, the guy drafted at #9.
he was complaining about lack of minutes, so he probably was not tired and could have played more minutes with similar productivity

did the coaches contribute to the issues, sounds like it to the point of losing the fiesta bowl where hill was played sparingly.

marinelli will fix that and hill will comply because he has a good relationship with marinelli now.
does he have some issue to the point of pissing the coaching staff did not play their best dl much in the fiesta bowl.
yes he does.
did he learn from it.
probably so.

If he screwed the coaches daughter I would be more on board with the pick

waldoputty

Reaction score
did a little research.
he seems to like attention and credit.
sounds like a pissing contest with the coaches, who did not handle him like their star...
entire thing sounds silly
coaches took out their best dl for the fiesta bowl for a pissing contest???
their defense was on the field for too long yet they did not play their best dl much at all...
yet in their conference championship the week before, Hill earned a career-high six tackles, including three tackles for loss and two sacks

8/24/18
All eight of these linemen are going to see a lot of playing time so I wouldn't read too much in the fact that Trysten Hill is technically listed as a backup here. "Replacing a guy that brought pressure off the edge defensively in Shaquem (Griffin) is critical," Heupel said recently. "Titus Davis has had a really good camp. he had a great offseason. He's going to be critical for us doing that. I think Trysten Hill is a guy that's had a great camp. There's four guys that are kind of entrenched in that role inside, being able to roll those guys."
https://ucf.rivals.com/news/ucf-releases-first-depth-chart

8/26/18
"With the switch to the 4-3 scheme, everyone assumed Second Team All-Conference junior Trysten Hill would start alongside Connors. In a surprising switch up, redshirt senior A.J. Wooten will get the start with Hill listed as his backup."
https://www.blackandgoldbanneret.co...ou-need-to-know-about-ucf-s-first-depth-chart

9/8/18
On Trysten Hill's status:
"He just wasn't available tonight. He'll be back for next week."
https://ucf.rivals.com/news/ucf-38-south-carolina-state-0-josh-heupel-press-conference

10/17/18
Tristen Hill was a beast last weekend at Memphis. Not only did the UCF defensive lineman help keep the Tigers scoreless during that pivotal second half, he had some major contributions on offense as well. He was on the field as a blocker for two key fourth down plays, both of which were successfully converted. That includes the long 71-yard
Taj McGowan touchdown run, enabled because of Hill's crushing blow on Memphis cornerback T.J. Carter
https://ucf.rivals.com/news/trysten-hill-ucf-s-wrecking-ball

.12/30/18
Trysten Hill was once the face of the future for the UCFfootball program. Following a freshman year in 2016 that saw him start all 13 games at defensive end, Hill had quickly become a fan favorite and media darling. He was always the guy who was perfect for interviews, great in front of the camera and always has something to say. At some point early in his sophomore season, however, that all stopped.
His media availability was limited, his snap count dwindled at times and he started to gain a reputation, deserving or not, for being lazy and having attitude issues.
“It’s been difficult, you know, having been kind of in the spotlight with this team and helping the face of the program and being somebody,” Hill said. “And then having things happen … and having the coaching change happen and how some people started to spell it out in different ways about me in different situations and stuff like that."
https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/ucf-knights/os-sp-ucf-trysten-hill-1231-story.html

1/2/19
UCF defensive lineman Trysten Hill, a junior who had considered transferring in the past, declared for the NFL draft hours after the Knights lost to LSU in Tuesday’s Fiesta Bowl.
Shortly after the Fiesta Bowl, Hill was asked if it was tough being on the field for as long as the defense was against the Tigers. Hill was quick to point out his lack of playing time.
“I wasn’t on the field a lot,” Hill said, noting his playing time. “I wasn’t really frustrated. I did what I could do when I was in. All that other stuff is out of my control and I can only do what I can do when I’m in the game.”
He delivered his best game as a Knight in December during the American Athletic Conference title game against Memphis. Hill earned a career-high six tackles, including three tackles for loss and two sacks, but Tuesday he played sparingly and was whistled for one offsides penalty.
https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/ucf-knights/os-sp-ucf-trysten-hill-0103-story.html

Last edited:

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
what if it was $25,000 per hour?
Ya, Hell, I'd not only shave my face/ go military hair cut,,, I'd prolly shave my legs& wear magnum P.I. type short pants Too,,, for that hourly wage,Putty:lmao2:

* this ain't no one way mission with a built-in. Double cross upon completion, cuz' I'll sever an employers wing-wong off over something like that,,, just sayingo_O

waldoputty

Reaction score
Ya, Hell, I'd not only shave my face/ go military hair cut,,, I'd prolly shave my legs& wear magnum P.I. type short pants Too,,, for that hourly wage,Putty:lmao2:

* this ain't no one way mission with a built-in. Double cross upon completion, cuz' I'll sever an employers wing-wong off over something like that,,, just sayingo_O

:lmao::lmao::lmao:
putty rests his case now.

AbeBeta

Reaction score

yes he does.
did he learn from it.
probably so.

The coaching issue you raise is important. He destroyed Memphis. Three tackles for a loss, drew holding calls, and, when doubled, generally opened stuff up for his teammates.

He was the best defensive player on the field.

Yet, the coaches don't play him much in the bowl game. That's just stupid hubris - they were shown to have been wrong in the previous game but refused to admit it and lost to a lesser team.

waldoputty

Reaction score
The coaching issue you raise is important. He destroyed Memphis. Three tackles for a loss, drew holding calls, and, when doubled, generally opened stuff up for his teammates.

He was the best defensive player on the field.

Yet, the coaches don't play him much in the bowl game. That's just stupid hubris - they were shown to have been wrong in the previous game but refused to admit it and lost to a lesser team.

i may have found the reason for the bad blood. i just started a new thread.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Dallas has been taking chance for almost 20 years now. Some they get something from most "They Know better". Example: Dimitrius Underwood.