Trysten Hill's transfer to Nebraska was blocked

waldoputty

Reaction score
Bargin for Dallas, get a 1st rounder for pennies on the dollar. :starspin::starspin::starspin::starspin::starspin::starspin:

i got suspicious about what happened. so i researched hill in a chronological google search that yield this article about how his transfer to nebraska was blocked. then the rest is obvious, and hill was not the instigator of what happened. he probably made it worse. but the character issue is much less severe. i would not be surprised he will be difficult if and when time comes for an extension. however, it is obvious he was desperate and play for $.
$ driven can be dealt with, while weed/lack of interest (gregory/irving) may not be possible to deal with until nfl changes it rules in the next cba.

Last edited:

Londonboy

Reaction score
No joke. I was jumping rooftops and almost dying and driving like a maniac while saying the stupidest garbage to anyone and everyone while getting into so much trouble I was denied my passport for 13 years.
I had to become a much better person to figure life out and that took the natural maturation process of aging.
I stuffed a Cactus Down My Underpants to win a bet.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
So I just read through this whole thread and I do not see one comment from the posters that was bashing his character. Not one! Some was even so adamant about that even though they don’t have the resources to do a background check as an NFL team.

Not one!

Reactions: CWR

waldoputty

Reaction score
So I just read through this whole thread and I do not see one comment from the posters that was bashing his character. Not one! Some was even so adamant about that even though they don’t have the resources to do a background check as an NFL team.

Not one!

well he was probably immature and punished for it, clearly motivated by $, and may be difficult if and when an extension needs to be negotiated
i dont see any of these as a real problem

waldoputty

Reaction score
Pans out like Gold and Dallas wins a bunch of Super Bowls :clap:

dd - i am reposting this from another thread

trysten hill had a pressure rate of 11.6%. he was not listed in the table i found because he apparently did not have enough pass rush snaps to qualify. that puts him as #3 in pressure rate among drafted dts. note the top 3 were all drafted in the 1st round. williams #3, oliver #9, wilkins #13.
note that this does not take account of benefits from other players causing havoc in the defense. q williams had benefit of other top players in the alabama defense. wilkins had the benefit of other top players in the clemson defense. on the other hand, hill was the best player in his dl. in the same way, oliver would probably also have been the best player in his dl in houston.

Player
Pressure Rate
Quinnen Williams 17% (Alabama line)
Christian Wilkins 12% (Clemson line)
<------------------------------------- hill would be here at 11.6% if he had enough snaps
Ed Oliver 11% (Houston line)
Dexter Lawrence 10%
Isaiah Buggs 10%

https://www.profootballfocus.com/ne...n-dallas-and-should-see-the-field-immediately

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
the big picture is what happened in the fiesta bowl.
it does not matter whether you proposed an explanation, or whether the explanation is from the press in orlando, or the explanation is printed on ucf letterhead.
the explanation needs to make sense.

what happened did not make sense. in the fiesta bowl, hill was played sparingly. yet a 2nd undefeated season and the fiesta bowl were at stake. the defense was left on the field too long because they could not stop the lsu offense. yet they left their best dl out of most of the game. hill was asked about how tough it was being left on the field too long and hill responded that he was barely in the game. what is the deal? it does not make sense. even a national press guy (millen?) questions the strange illogical event.

since u r an apparent esteemed ucf alum, you should care why they did not seem to put the best team out there in the fiesta bowl. and the amazing legacy of a second consecutive undefeated season. certainly you should care why???

so please choose one of the 3 or propose a better explanation!

1. the one you said came from 'sources from orlando' that the 'pure snow-white' coaches benched him because 'it was the right thing to do' - after the same 'pure snow-white' coaches prevented all these kids from transferring when they wanted to transfer.
2. there was a personal vendetta between the coaches and hill. seem pretty silly for them to risk their own careers for a personal vendetta. 2 undefeated seasons and a fiesta bowl win - all because of a personal matter - seem pretty immature and irrational to me.
3. they wanted to hurt hill's draft prospects to 'encourage' hill to return. given they had a 12-0 season to start with, the risk of losing the fiesta bowl was not that big. they would not lose their jobs. having a dominant dl would be a big help for 2020, so that protects their jobs the next season. seems like a cold rational calculation here.

You're funny, but you are mistaken again about my concern with your theories. Never going to change. So, I ask you to produce evidence to support your theories or just admit the obvious that you are doing nothing other than speculating and that you should probably find people that care to go down the rabbit home with you. I am always interested in substance, but soap opera theory is more your thing than mine.

waldoputty

Reaction score
You're funny, but you are mistaken again about my concern with your theories. Never going to change. So, I ask you to produce evidence to support your theories or just admit the obvious that you are doing nothing other than speculating and that you should probably find people that care to go down the rabbit home with you. I am always interested in substance, but soap opera theory is more your thing than mine.

you can try and turn the discussion on reading people's mind.
what is factual is:
1. ucf was playing in the fiesta bowl
2. ucf had a chance at a 2nd consecutive undefeated season
3. their defense was left on the field too long unable to stop the other offense
4. hill was their best dl
5. hill was played sparingly
6. hill just had a great game the week before with 2 sacks etc
7. ucf had every reason to win that game
8. hill was asked about how was it being out on the field too long - which he answered with he was barely on the field.

so why did the ucf coaching staff not play their best dl especially when the defense was out there too long and we all know dl get tired if left on the field too long

so why???
dont u want to know???
your team could have gone undefeated for 2 seasons consecutively???
and the fiesta bowl???
if u r a loyal alum, u should be pissed and demand an answer???

here are the common and less-common explanations:
1. hill was injured - not apparently
2. hill was suspended - no
3. coaches were punishing hill for not practicing hard enough - really - for the fiesta bowl? for 2 consecutive undefeated seasons??? really?
4. coaches were acting irrationally because they cannot stand hill. they wanted to punish him for possibly acting out after the great game probably saying 'i told u so'. really, with so much at stake. coach would undermine his own career because he is angry?
5. coaches were trying to deliberately undercut hill's draft status because they want a dominant dl for next year. their job was secure for the year so they were trying to secure the next year. while seemingly unlikely, it is the most rational answer out of the 5.

if you are a loyal alum, would u not demand an answer?
the situation was ridiculous and a member of national press - millen? - was writing about the insane situation...
if you are an alum, would u not care if the coaches were so ruthless to do something like that to a student athlete?

Last edited:

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
you can try and turn the discussion on reading people's mind.
what is factual is:
1. ucf was playing in the fiesta bowl
2. ucf had a chance at a 2nd consecutive undefeated season
3. their defense was left on the field too long unable to stop the other offense
4. hill was their best dl
5. hill was played sparingly
6. hill just had a great game the week before with 2 sacks etc
7. ucf had every reason to win that game
8. hill was asked about how was it being out on the field too long - which he answered with he was barely on the field.

so why did the ucf coaching staff not play their best dl especially when the defense was out there too long and we all know dl get tired if left on the field too long

so why???
dont u want to know???
your team could have gone undefeated for 2 seasons consecutively???
and the fiesta bowl???
if u r a loyal alum, u should be pissed and demand an answer???

here are the common and less-common explanations:
1. hill was injured - not apparently
2. hill was suspended - no
3. coaches were punishing hill for not practicing hard enough - really - for the fiesta bowl? for 2 consecutive undefeated seasons??? really?
4. coaches were acting irrationally because they cannot stand hill. they wanted to punish him for possibly acting out after the great game probably saying 'i told u so'. really, with so much at stake. coach would undermine his own career because he is angry?
5. coaches were trying to deliberately undercut hill's draft status because they want a dominant dl for next year. their job was secure for the year so they were trying to secure the next year. while seemingly unlikely, it is the most rational answer out of the 5.

if you are a loyal alum, would u not demand an answer?
the situation was ridiculous and a member of national press - millen? - was writing about the insane situation...
if you are an alum, would u not care if the coaches were so ruthless to do something like that to a student athlete?

Sure, but, again, I need more than speculation. That is all this is. If/when something is offered that supports a malicious act then I would listen, but speculation does not qualify.

The simpler explanation is that Shannon is exactly what he has always been. Great recruiter. Questionable coach. His version of events follows the line of his other stints so until something of substance is offered that could support a different explanation then O go with what I have.

As for the streak being snapped, I graduated in the late 90s when we were still in the kiddie leagues. We had Daunte Culpepper and nothing else for a lot of years. These last few years have been like a dream come true, so honestly I am just riding the wave bliss.

speedkilz88

Reaction score

waldoputty

Reaction score
Sure, but, again, I need more than speculation. That is all this is. If/when something is offered that supports a malicious act then I would listen, but speculation does not qualify.

The simpler explanation is that Shannon is exactly what he has always been. Great recruiter. Questionable coach. His version of events follows the line of his other stints so until something of substance is offered that could support a different explanation then O go with what I have.

As for the streak being snapped, I graduated in the late 90s when we were still in the kiddie leagues. We had Daunte Culpepper and nothing else for a lot of years. These last few years have been like a dream come true, so honestly I am just riding the wave bliss.
Oic. Benefit of doubt goes to the school and coach. Not the helpless slave of a student athlete who is dependent on the scholarship EVEN when all the circumstantial evidence points to the coach doing something wrong. Nice I see where you are coming from.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Broaddus mentions in this interview that Scott Frost played for Marinelli at Tampa Bay where they got a lot of info. He said that UCF is not so friendly and accessible to nfl scouts since Josh Heupel took over. Around (8:30 mark)

https://traffic.omny.fm/d/clips/4b5...3c07df8-b539-4e6b-9056-aa4100f6966a/audio.mp3

https://1053thefan.radio.com/media/audio-channel/broaddus-22
he is too busy trying to keep his students from leaving the program by whatever means possible.