Trysten Hill's transfer to Nebraska was blocked

CWR

Reaction score
well he was probably immature and punished for it, clearly motivated by $, and may be difficult if and when an extension needs to be negotiated
i dont see any of these as a real problem

Most everyone playing at the college level is chasing that NFL dream, consequently they are all chasing an NFL contract. I wouldn't assume hes any more "motivated by money" than anyone else.

Iago33

Reaction score
interesting. i did check and it is an approved rule that was just amended last summer because of all the issues like this. oh i definitely see that the new coaches did dallas a favor dinging his draft value. and the reports said he played the 4th most minutes on the dl, which does not make sense for the best guy on the dl playing less than 50% of the snaps. that is especially true when hill was more productive on a per snap basis than someone like ed oliver taken as #9 overall in the draft.

why was nebraska blocked other than that would be where all the students wanted to go to because they know the coach? seems like a 'pr' thing to say as that essentially blocked their movement. thus the article congratulating the coach for blocking said movement?

why was hill only sparingly played in the fiesta bowl if he had such an amazing game the week before in the conference championship with 2 sacks etc. that does not make any sense except to hurt his draft value. seems like a blatant attempt to coerce him to go back to school the next year.

Am I the only one bothered by the fact that academics hasn’t come up once in this whole discussion? I know I’m an anachronistic idealist, but I think this is a sad commentary on the fallacy of the “student athlete.”

waldoputty

Reaction score
Am I the only one bothered by the fact that academics hasn’t come up once in this whole discussion? I know I’m an anachronistic idealist, but I think this is a sad commentary on the fallacy of the “student athlete.”

:lmao::lmao::lmao:
u r a anachronistic idealist.
these r not students but unpaid indentured servants slaving away to become multi-millionaires

Iago33

Reaction score
:lmao::lmao::lmao:
u r a anachronistic idealist.
these r not students but unpaid indentured servants slaving away to become multi-millionaires
Oh, they’re paid. Most of them, at least. For some it’s $30-40 K per year.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Oic. Benefit of doubt goes to the school and coach. Not the helpless slave of a student athlete who is dependent on the scholarship EVEN when all the circumstantial evidence points to the coach doing something wrong. Nice I see where you are coming from.

All of the above is your speculating again.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
That kind of reads like Hill wouldn't pass on a scholarship in order to go to Nebraska.

I don't blame him, but it's a bit different than saying he was blocked. He had a choice. He wouldn't give up his scholarship.

waldoputty

Reaction score
All of the above is your speculating again.

well u can try to defend ucf all u want.
u r the only one here who does not see ucf as the bad guy.
at a minimum, blocking the transfer when the coach left was unethical though legal.
at worst, the head coach is squeezing hill, punishing him as an example for other students, and undermining the student's career for his own benefit.
all bad karma, and it will soon swing back to ur program as this type of crap does not stay inhouse.
keep responding, as all you are doing is keeping the fact that the transfer was blocked on the front page, where bloggers and press are more likely to see it.
i get no benefit from it, but i did put the same info in other blogs, and even got the info selected as recommended reading!
would be nice to see ucf soon back in the garbage bin :thumbup:

Last edited:

waldoputty

Reaction score
That kind of reads like Hill wouldn't pass on a scholarship in order to go to Nebraska.

I don't blame him, but it's a bit different than saying he was blocked. He had a choice. He wouldn't give up his scholarship.

sure he had a choice if he had the money, which most of these kids do not.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Scholarships. Debt that they don’t have for years that others who are there for academics do.
the only reason they r in school is probably for the shot at the nfl.
while they may benefit from being in college to some degree, i doubt they would voluntarily go to college without the nfl pie in the sky

Iago33

Reaction score
the only reason they r in school is probably for the shot at the nfl.
while they may benefit from being in college to some degree, i doubt they would voluntarily go to college without the nfl pie in the sky
Then we should dispense with the lie that they are student athletes. If they don’t want something that others go into decades of debt to get, then let’s stop pretending. It will help the students and it will help the athletes if we distinguish them from each other. This is why I can’t enjoy college sports and prefer NFL where the appearance is the reality.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Then we should dispense with the lie that they are student athletes. If they don’t want something that others go into decades of debt to get, then let’s stop pretending. It will help the students and it will help the athletes if we distinguish them from each other. This is why I can’t enjoy college sports and prefer NFL where the appearance is the reality.

that would undermine ncaa schools' ability to keep the 'students' that work for free other than the scholarship which is essentially free for the schools.

do u think the ncaa would allow their goose that lays the golden eggs be taken away that easily.

i dont watch college sports anyway as the whole thing disgusts me.

Iago33

Reaction score
that would undermine ncaa schools' ability to keep the 'students' that work for free other than the scholarship which is essentially free for the schools.

do u think the ncaa would allow their goose that lays the golden eggs be taken away that easily.

i dont watch college sports anyway as the whole thing disgusts me.
But it’s not free for the colleges. Almost all schools lose money on athletics, and the cost is passed on to the other students. We agree that the system is corrupt. Have a good day!