News: TS: Acho Criticizes Cowboys For Not Making Trade Before Deadline

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Former NFL Player Criticizes Cowboys For Not Making Trade Before Deadline​

https://thespun.com/more/top-storie...-cowboys-for-not-making-trade-before-deadline

"Jerry Jones, there is blood in the water in the NFC this year. It is open for the taking. As good as the Eagles are, they have not won a game by more than 14 points. Jerry Jones, you and your Cowboys have won a couple games by more than 20 points. There is blood in the water.

"The San Francisco 49ers are on a three-game losing streak, Jerry Jones there is blood in the water. The second or third best team in the NFC is a Detroit Lions team that doesn't even know how to find the playoffs, there is blood in the water. The Cowboys didn't go eat."

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score

Former NFL Player Criticizes Cowboys For Not Making Trade Before Deadline​

https://thespun.com/more/top-storie...-cowboys-for-not-making-trade-before-deadline

"Jerry Jones, there is blood in the water in the NFC this year. It is open for the taking. As good as the Eagles are, they have not won a game by more than 14 points. Jerry Jones, you and your Cowboys have won a couple games by more than 20 points. There is blood in the water.

"The San Francisco 49ers are on a three-game losing streak, Jerry Jones there is blood in the water. The second or third best team in the NFC is a Detroit Lions team that doesn't even know how to find the playoffs, there is blood in the water. The Cowboys didn't go eat."
Acho is a dumb butt.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Just because you don’t like the source doesn’t mean the message is incorrect.
I actually like Acho and what he’s become. Local guy who started out working for the Cowboys.

And I don’t think he’s wrong here I just don’t agree. I don’t think the answer was making a trade just to say you made one.

I get the 49ers getting Young. Makes sense though I think offensively they have more issues but ok. Eagles getting Byard doesn’t move the needle because their corners are struggling.

I like Leonard Williams and Montez Sweat moves. But Bears stink. Don’t think LW moves the needle either.

To me Davante Adams was a game changer. Derrick Henry was. On 49ers getting CMac a year ago. These aren’t big impact moved IMO.

shabazz

Reaction score
So.........

Which player did the Cowboys decline to trade for that was factually available to them?

Or are we just throwing a fit because they didn't do something just for the sake of doing something?
We don’t have the inside facts of those “alleged” discussions….. what we DO a have though, is Jerry’s repeated own word that “ our roster is set” and “ I won’t making any calls”.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Of course he’s right……it’s frightening that a handful here can’t see that. Of course they are the same ones that said the same thing last season.
I think he’s overhyping these guys. Did these teams improve? Yes. But minimal at best. No one got increasingly better.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Of course he’s right……it’s frightening that a handful here can’t see that. Of course they are the same ones that said the same thing last season.
I can understand the point but how do we know the Cowboys didn't try? Did they need a safety like the Eagles did when that's been a team strength? Did they need an edge rusher when that's the deepest spot on this roster? Did they need a cornerback with the guys they have and the money invested long tern in Diggs?

I really want to know who the Cowboys should have went and traded for before dumping on them for not doing it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
We don’t have the inside facts of those “alleged” discussions….. what we DO a have though, is Jerry’s repeated own word that “ our roster is set” and “ I won’t making any calls”.
But it’s been confirmed he’s just talking. He said that last year and it was later confirmed they were busy trying to get Brandon Cooks but they wouldn’t budge off a 1st. This team would’ve looked incredibly stupid trading a 1st for him especially knowing they could get him for a later pick later on.

shabazz

Reaction score
I think he’s overhyping these guys. Did these teams improve? Yes. But minimal at best. No one got increasingly better.
true , but the point is that WE HAD TO GET BETTER. I can’t believe how some have forgotten the Niners game a couple short weeks ago.

Let’s see if our “all set roster” will hold up against the 5 games against the Eagles, Bills, Dolphins,Seahawks and Lions. I don’t want to hear a damn word about our QB not having enough weapons or nobody can get open.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
true , but the point is that WE HAD TO GET BETTER. I can’t believe how some have forgotten the Niners game a couple short weeks ago.

Let’s see if our “all set roster” will hold up against the 5 games against the Eagles, Bills, Dolphins,Seahawks and Lions. I don’t want to hear a damn word about our QB not having enough weapons or nobody can get open.
Yep, no more excuses like lack of separation, or poor blocking.

shabazz

Reaction score
But it’s been confirmed he’s just talking. He said that last year and it was later confirmed they were busy trying to get Brandon Cooks but they wouldn’t budge off a 1st. This team would’ve looked incredibly stupid trading a 1st for him especially knowing they could get him for a later pick later on.
and yet Howie Roseman and John Lynch can make big moves but Jerry always has an excuse for either inaction or getting guys on the downword spiral of their career and aren’t impacting games.

You are right about one thing though,…..the marathon will continue