News: TS: Acho Criticizes Cowboys For Not Making Trade Before Deadline

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So.........

Which player did the Cowboys decline to trade for that was factually available to them?

Or are we just throwing a fit because they didn't do something just for the sake of doing something?
And what do we have to offer in return that won't screw us?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Some of them cry like hell about Dak having no support but when it comes time to get that support the same ones make excuses for Jerry not making a dam move…….oh, the irony
Not at all. I'm the first to "cry" in the offseason when we don't do nothing. But on October 31st? The time to do something about your teams deficiencies was the offseason. These teams have training camp and preseason for a reason. To expect a big time contributor to come right in and contribute is just wishful thinking. Like the Amari Cooper move. It was never a "rental" or just for that season. So I was fine going there. But renting a Jaylen Johnson or whoever is just not worth it for a 2nd and a 5th.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I think he’s overhyping these guys. Did these teams improve? Yes. But minimal at best. No one got increasingly better.
The point was there is an opportunity for Dallas to really separate and they didn’t do it.

Derek Henry would’ve been an answer to a lot of problems on both offense, defense, and coaching.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
true , but the point is that WE HAD TO GET BETTER. I can’t believe how some have forgotten the Niners game a couple short weeks ago.

Let’s see if our “all set roster” will hold up against the 5 games against the Eagles, Bills, Dolphins,Seahawks and Lions. I don’t want to hear a damn word about our QB not having enough weapons or nobody can get open.
Well aye i'm of the belief the 9ers are that much better than us but i'll tell you this...if that first meeting is any indication of how good these guys are? They needed to trade for Davante Adams and Aaron Donald.

I guess that's where i'm coming from. If this team is worse than the 9ers there's no move out there that was going to close that talent gap.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
and yet Howie Roseman and John Lynch can make big moves but Jerry always has an excuse for either inaction or getting guys on the downword spiral of their career and aren’t impacting games.

You are right about one thing though,…..the marathon will continue
OMG i'm so sick of hearing about John Lynch and Howie Roseman....you guys only talk about the good moves they make never the bad.

Trading future compensation just to trade for it is not the solution. If the Eagles or 9ers win a SB this year I can guarantee you its not because they added Randy Gregory or Chase Young or Byard. I guarantee it.

visionary

Reaction score
Henry or Connor could have put us over the top this year
These morons would rather tread water than go all in

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Crap reporters have to use the Cowboys name to get views because they suck otherwise as a reporter. Nothing to see here...
No. Actually he’s 100% right. This “we like our guys” doing nothing to make a good team great approach has gotten the Cowboys where they are.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The point was there is an opportunity for Dallas to really separate and they didn’t do it.

Derek Henry would’ve been an answer to a lot of problems on both offense, defense, and coaching.
I'm a Henry fan but he did not get traded today despite being linked to the Ravens. The Titans were adamant on not trading him

There was no trade out there that was gonna separate us from the pack lol. At the end of the day whatever we do this season will be dependent on the team we have now. There's no secret coach out there to obtain now, there's no secret LT, there's no secret QB....this is our team. Henry would've brought a much needed toughness to this team for a certain price. But then there's a price where it makes zero sense to do it and it is MORONIC to trade a high draft pick for a 30 year old running back when you can draft one next year in the 3rd or 4th round.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No. Actually he’s 100% right. This “we like our guys” doing nothing to make a good team great approach has gotten the Cowboys where they are.
You would've been ok trading a 2nd round pick for a one year rental of Henry? I wouldn't but if it resulted in a ring I wouldn't care. I Just don't think we were a Derrick Henry away from winning a SB. If we were then we are far closer to a SB right now then I think.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Some of them cry like hell about Dak having no support but when it comes time to get that support the same ones make excuses for Jerry not making a dam move…….oh, the irony
Yep, it doesn't make any sense.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Crap reporters have to use the Cowboys name to get views because they suck otherwise as a reporter. Nothing to see here...
Yep, but he's correct on this. Choose to ignore or not.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
He's dead on! Now I'm waiting for Parsons to put the FO on blast for doing nothing to help this club.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Its a good feeling as a fan to relish in getting a player that you think can immediately help your team on a short term rental midseason. Even if you have no idea how it will actually play out.

However, to be upset when it doesn't happen because someone else did, its like being jealous of another kids toy as a child.

Relax and listen to some Bob Marley... :)