News: TS: Acho Criticizes Cowboys For Not Making Trade Before Deadline

vicjagger

Reaction score
They traded their 4th rounder for Trey Lance, 5th rounder for Stephon Gilmore and 6th for Brandon Cooks, all before the deadline. That didn't leave them much to work with. Can't trade comp picks until you actually have them.

One could argue, they did sit on 2 7th rounders that could have been dealt, but I like keeping those 1st - 3rd round selections.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Its a good feeling as a fan to relish in getting a player that you think can immediately help your team on a short term rental midseason. Even if you have no idea how it will actually play out.

However, to be upset when it doesn't happen because someone else did, its like being jealous of another kids toy as a child.

Relax and listen to some Bob Marley... :)
Horrible take that could not be more wrong about the motives of those not happy with the lack of action.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Horrible take that could not be more wrong about the motives of those not happy with the lack of action.
Or maybe too accurate and just tough to admit its true? :)

Love my fellow Cowboys fans and I know we all want the team to be successful and do what they can to keep improving. And sure I would have liked to see them doing something too, but knew it was unlikely as they already shipped draft capital to improve 2 positions in the offseason.

However, getting jealous or upset over a move another team made or one we didn't when its all speculative is just silly.

Creeper

Reaction score
I think the best trade the Cowboys could have made was for an impact DT, like Leonard Williams, or a quality CB. But the NFC East teams were not going to trade their players to the Cowboys. I think maybe the Commanders traded Young to SF in the hopes they stop the Eagles but who knows.

I just do not see a trade the Cowboys could have made that would have been as significant as the trades Seattle and SF made.

What's weird if the 49ers got Young for a 3rd while Chicago traded a 2nd for Sweat.

Seattle gave up a 2nd and 5th for Williams I believe even though he is a free agent after this year.

InDakEyeBack

Reaction score
Jerry wants to win with his draft picks as the main stars so that it proves good ol' Jerrah is a damn good GM and a genius.

ottawacowpoke

Reaction score
I think the best trade the Cowboys could have made was for an impact DT, like Leonard Williams, or a quality CB. But the NFC East teams were not going to trade their players to the Cowboys. I think maybe the Commanders traded Young to SF in the hopes they stop the Eagles but who knows.

I just do not see a trade the Cowboys could have made that would have been as significant as the trades Seattle and SF made.

What's weird if the 49ers got Young for a 3rd while Chicago traded a 2nd for Sweat.

Seattle gave up a 2nd and 5th for Williams I believe even though he is a free agent after this year.
I like the trade that Buffalo made for the GB CB Douglas. Maybe a little expensive but good CBs are worth their weight in gold

Blackrain

Reaction score
So.........

Which player did the Cowboys decline to trade for that was factually available to them?

Or are we just throwing a fit because they didn't do something just for the sake of doing something?
No we're throwing a fit because our rivals made their teams better and we did not we sat on our hands again waiting for the off season to watch everyone else participate in the postseason

RoboQB

Reaction score
Thinking opposite of this Acho clown is usually a move in the right direction.