News: TS: Cowboys Have Reportedly Inquired About WR Brandin Cooks Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

CWR

Reaction score
Cooks really is an anomaly.

Six 1,000+ yard seasons in eight years playing in the league and with four different teams.

Hes a better player than he gets credit for. Can't believe he's only 28 as well. I would actually be happy with this signing if the trade isn't over the top, which it shouldn't be.

bonafidebanter

Reaction score
Oh God, no. Doesn't this guy stay injured? How many teams has he played for so far? Why?

CWR

Reaction score
Yeah I don't think the running game has any kind of shot to be better this season.

No way Schultz and Elliott aren't out there and they won't be able to make it work that way unless they get very lucky with the draft and the right people get injured.

Pathetic but true. 2022 will be about Daks arm. I'm just hoping the light goes on afterwards.

I've supported Dak historically, but I will be the first to admit if the ground game picks up where it left off last year Dak is dead in the water.

Nobody had any respect for the Dallas run game after Denver and it was our demise. Dak and KM can't beat a cover 2 without a run game. At least they couldn't last season.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I've supported Dak historically, but I will be the first to admit if the ground game picks up where it left off last year Dak is dead in the water.

Nobody had any respect for the Dallas run game after Denver and it was our demise. Dak and KM can't beat a cover 2 without a run game. At least they couldn't last season.
Well it sure padded Schultzies fantasy stats.

Reactions: CWR

quickccc

Reaction score
Is he really what that offense needs?

Speed, separation burst, over the top of defense capability ... yes i'd really like a WR like that among our 3 WR deep unit, and in this passing offense.

conner01

Reaction score
Cooper is always dinged up and nicked up. And he disappears emotionally. He has great talent, but doesnt have the mental and aggressive attitude to dominate like a top #1. He also isnt an emotional leader at all. Very quiet guy.

He is a 1000-1100 yard per year guy with 6-8 TD's. Been that way his whole career.
True
I think cooper is no longer here for the same reason he is no longer a Raider
I don’t know his attitude or behavior but it sure appears he’s on his 3rd team and it’s not related to his ability

Creeper

Reaction score
Why in the world would you trade a 5th round pick for Cooks when all you got for Cooper was a 5th round pick and Cooper is a much better WR? I'd offer a 7th for Cooks and maybe a 6th but I doubt it.

Loso86

Reaction score
I don’t even want any FAs at this point, they’re going nowhere without a RB. Yea they will probably still with the East. I wish we could fast forward a couple years.
So now yall don't like Pollard either lol our fans!

Syron

Reaction score
Why in the world would you trade a 5th round pick for Cooks when all you got for Cooper was a 5th round pick and Cooper is a much better WR? I'd offer a 7th for Cooks and maybe a 6th but I doubt it.
Not to mention he is older and costs 16 million next year. I guess if you are thinking a 1 year deal and see, but no way would I give him a massive contract with his history issue.

Jarntt

Reaction score
You can't look at it that way. The pick we got for Cooper has more to do with his cap hit than his talent. Cooks would cost us $10M less per year. I'm not saying I want to trade for him, but the salary is one of the biggest factors in determining the players trade value

fivetwos

Reaction score
So now yall don't like Pollard either lol our fans!
I don't want to give him a second contract, no.

I can say first hand his newly developed foot problem isn't going to improve as he ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.