News: TS: Cowboys Have Reportedly Inquired About WR Brandin Cooks Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What a dumb front office. Complete incompetence.

Instead of trying to win they try to compete with Jacksonville, Washington, Giants for dumbest franchise.

kskboys

Reaction score
They Don t dump him . . . he has garnered a lot in those trades . its actually the opposite with him . . . teams really wanted him
Now turn that around. Why are teams always willing to get rid of him?

kskboys

Reaction score
Possibly, but how do you do outside stuff with Elliott?

Also....Schultz plus a run blocking TE isn't the same as having an every down TE who isn't an embarrassment in the run game.

We are beat for 2022 no matter which OL they take at 24....or how the rest of the backups they draft fall into line.
Best case scenario would be to end up w/ a top 5 draft pick and get another D stud. We still need our aaron Donald.

kskboys

Reaction score
This. I'd take Will Fuller at 7-10 before I trade a high pick for Cooks and extend him.
Will Fuller? Will Fuller? Why? Are you seriously not aware of his injury prone status? This guy rivals The Unicorn!!!!!

fivetwos

Reaction score
Best case scenario would be to end up w/ a top 5 draft pick and get another D stud. We still need our aaron Donald.
Dare I say it.....but next year is supposedly a good QB class, and uhhh.....watch and see if exactly 11 months from now the narrative isnt largely about Dallas needing to find the next QB.

Smart football move? Yup, in several ways.

Hurts people's feelings? Yup as well.....remains to be seen how the Jones idiots handle the Dak breakup.

Hope that goes better than the contract negotiations went.

ondaedg

Reaction score
Dare I say it.....but next year is supposedly a good QB class, and uhhh.....watch and see if exactly 11 months from now the narrative isnt largely about Dallas needing to find the next QB.

Smart football move? Yup, in several ways.

Hurts people's feelings? Yup as well.....remains to be seen how the Jones idiots handle the Dak breakup.

Hope that goes better than the contract negotiations went.

Lol! I put this in my calendar.

:lmao2:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Yeah we all kind of speculated that they'd chose Gallup over Amari when the time came. They structured his contract to do so. Hell most fans on this site wanted it to happen...I'm very shocked by the reaction people had to that move.

The negative reaction was not because they traded Coop, it was because they freaking gave him away for peanuts.

Funny how other teams trade their #1 WRs for first round picks, but we trade our #1 WR for a bag of Doritos and a Dr. Pepper.

That is why fans were pissed.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Cooper appeared to be a guy who said stuff that might've been better left unsaid.

Exactly...........Cooper was not given away for a bag of Doritos because his play sucked, it was the off the field stuff they didnt like.

Stuff like calling out Dak, calling out the OC, complaining about not getting enough touches, and of course not getting Covid vax. That really set Jerry off, he went on his radio show and blasted Coop for not being a "team guy".

That is why Coop aint on the team right now, had nothing to do with his actual play on the field. If he was vaccinated and never said a dam word about Dak, boy wonder or anybody else, he would still be on the team right now.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Lol! I put this in my calendar.

:lmao2:
I'm not advocating for it one way or the other (I know better lol) but after seven seasons of more of the same at very top dollar.....they will need to advance far into next year's playoffs to not hear that.

So, definitely. Mark it down.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The negative reaction was not because they traded Coop, it was because they freaking gave him away for peanuts.

Funny how other teams trade their #1 WRs for first round picks, but we trade our #1 WR for a bag of Doritos and a Dr. Pepper.

That is why fans were pissed.
Fans need to understand that Amari Cooper is not Davante or Tyreke Hill. Nowhere near…..

Silverz1972

Reaction score
This guy must have the dirt on a lot of people.

how does he keep signing all these buy money contracts and keeps stinking up the joint everywhere. Lol

kskboys

Reaction score
Exactly...........Cooper was not given away for a bag of Doritos because his play sucked, it was the off the field stuff they didnt like.

Stuff like calling out Dak, calling out the OC, complaining about not getting enough touches, and of course not getting Covid vax. That really set Jerry off, he went on his radio show and blasted Coop for not being a "team guy".

That is why Coop aint on the team right now, had nothing to do with his actual play on the field. If he was vaccinated and never said a dam word about Dak, boy wonder or anybody else, he would still be on the team right now.
We also needed to dump his salary. He is not the future.

plasticman

Reaction score
Look at the Cowboys history of trading for WR's since Jerry became convinced he knew what he was doing.

Four 1st round picks and a 2nd round pick for Joey Galloway, Roy Williams, and Amari Cooper.

......Not exactly value driven.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is the kind of player you should be able to acquire by simplify inheriting their contract. But, Jerry will find a way to give up draft capitol too.

Status
Not open for further replies.